Game #44 Los Angeles Dodgers @ Arizona Diamondbacks. 09/09/20

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One game away from the worst stretch in franchise history. When is someone, anyone, going to be held accountable? And if nobody is held accountable, why should we as fans continue to give this franchise financial support?

I doubt anything will happen until the off-season and even then Torey might be safe. I predicted he would start the 2021 at a minimum and, while I don't think it to be certain anymore, I am sticking with it.

Part of the issue is Torey, for all his faults, has three straight winning seasons at the helm. Even with this years train wreck he still has a winning record. That will factor in his favor. Another issue is the Dodgers effect. He will be given a pass because of the financial disparity between Dbacks and Dodgers.

Next, I believe Hazen will give him a pass after the fire sale knowing he now has a substandard roster...plus his best position player is now sidelined with injury.

I expect there will be a shuffling on his coaching staff heading into 2021 and it is do or die at that point.

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sooooo sad to see the season dbacks are having.....

This team needs a lot of work and a season like this is not going to make fa sign in az....

They need to fire tl immediately when season ends

Well hoping next season is better I'll always be a fan of dbacks no matter how poopy they are lol

Lol thank god dbacks got that ws vs yankess long ago

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I doubt anything will happen until the off-season and even then Torey might be safe. I predicted he would start the 2021 at a minimum and, while I don't think it to be certain anymore, I am sticking with it.

Part of the issue is Torey, for all his faults, has three straight winning seasons at the helm. Even with this years train wreck he still has a winning record. That will factor in his favor. Another issue is the Dodgers effect. He will be given a pass because of the financial disparity between Dbacks and Dodgers.

Next, I believe Hazen will give him a pass after the fire sale knowing he now has a substandard roster...plus his best position player is now sidelined with injury.

I expect there will be a shuffling on his coaching staff heading into 2021 and it is do or die at that point.
Now that we are officially in rebuilding mode, it comes down to the question . . .

Does Torey Lovullo have the skill to rebuild a new young team? The answer is 'no'! Not the way he haphazardly treats
each game as a new beginning. And not with his passive demeanor. To blame it on his coaching staff accomplishes nothing.

His leadership is the reason there was a fire sale. If they keep him, they'll put a kiss of death on the next round. And waste
all of that young talent.

Everything about Torey says Bench Coach. He started with a good record with a team of veterans. His skill is not in forming
a new team. We've seen how he has given young players one game to shine. And, if not, they ride the bench for a week.

And his obsession that every player is a starter on a rotational basis, like Jon Jay. That is not how baseball works. Or
shuffling his regulars back and forth between positions. Once again, he has put Ketel Martels out of business.

Shaking up the team, in the midst of a horrible 2 & 18 performance, without including the manager, is asking for trouble.

The new era has begun. It is time to name an interim Manager to go along with it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Torey isn't getting fired this year. Bank it.

I agree...but it's the wrong move, and it could cost us the viability if our next core and thereby set us back 5 years, just like what happened with the Suns under Jeff Hornacek and Earl Watson.