Game #3 Arizona Diamondbacks @ San Diego Padres. 07/26/20

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Bob Brenly just said post-game that the D-backs were a different team once Lovullo was out of the game.

Reading between the lines . . .

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nick Piecoro
⁦‪@nickpiecoro‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

The Diamondbacks win, 4-3. David Peralta had a heck of a ninth inning, driving in the run that turned out to be the game-winner before making a great catch in the bottom half. The Diamondbacks' at-bats were much better today. They'll try to even the series tomorrow.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Still sloppy as hell, but at least they competed today...though it took Lovullo being ejected for that to happen.

Food for thought...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I've listened to this clip twice. Very passive comments by Torey. 'Just a difference of opinion.

Evidently, he wasn't trying to get thrown out to put some fire into the team. Frankly, his
post-game interview detracted from hope for the next game with him back in charge.

He should wear a suit and tie in the dugout. He is too much of a gentleman to wear a uniform.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
BTW, it's a day game tomorrow (Monday), beginning at 1:00.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Archie's curveballs were just hanging there for easy hits.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jake Cronenworth smoked one of those curveballs into right field for his major league hit. It was a rbi double in the bottom of the ninth inning.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“Today was a great win for this team,” Lovullo said. “We’ve been grinding, that’s not a mystery. Started to see us come back to life and do what we do well. ... It was how we won, one of those special wins that give you a little push, a little momentum. Right now my brain is spinning pretty fast.”
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/sports/diamondbacks-rally-against-padres-pen-for-4-3-win

“I asked the umpire to make sure he stayed away from me,” Lovullo said. “That was the most important thing for me. I remember my mask riding up on my face and I felt very uncomfortable. I felt it was my responsibility to cover my face up. ... I was very mindful of the space that needed to be created.”

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
  • Diamondbacks' Nick Ahmed: Hitless through three games
    Rotowire 47 MINS AGO
    Ahmed went 0-for-3 with a walk in Sunday's 4-3 win over San Diego.

Ahmed's ninth-inning walk was the first time he reached base safely this season. Arizona's nine-hole hitter is 0-for-9 through the first three games, a slow start for the shortstop who belted 35 home runs and drove in 152 runs over the last two seasons.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
  • Diamondbacks' David Peralta: Reaches base three times
    Rotowire 56 MINS AGO
    Peralta went 2-for-4 with a walk, an RBI and a run scored in Sunday's 4-3 win over the Padres.

Peralta was in the middle of the Diamondbacks' comeback, rapping out singles in a pair of two-run rallies in the eighth and ninth innings. He was hitless in his first 11 plate appearances before the singles. In 2019, Peralta made a home at third or fourth in the order, but he's batted out of the two-hole in all three game thus far in 2020.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
  • Diamondbacks' Ketel Marte: On base three times
    Rotowire 1 HR AGO
    Marte went 2-for-3 with an RBI, a run scored and a walk in Sunday's 4-3 win over the Padres.

Marte scored the tying run in the eighth inning after getting aboard with a walk. In the ninth, his sacrifice fly put the Diamondbacks ahead. Marte has gone 4-for-11 with a pair of doubles in the first three games of 2020. Serving as the leadoff hitter will likely suppress his RBI count, but he gets on base frequently enough (.389 OBP in 2019, .342 career) to make up for that in runs scored.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That is why I don't support Archie as our closer.

He has been a one trick pony. A fastball.

All the hype doesn't change that.

If we get to the point where we become competitive,
we'll need a real closer.