Game #24 Oakland Athletics Vs Arizona Diamondbacks. 08/18/20

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dbacks batted around for the second straight inning - Varsho makes 3rd out in each inning

9-1 Dbacks after 2

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have literally not watched any Dbacks baseball since they fell behind 4-0 to the Astros...what, like almost 10 days ago? If I keep not watching they will win the World series?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Admittedly this is the first I have seen of actual effort from Nick Ahmed. The unforced errors in the field remain a concern, though.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great effort so far from Widener - 2 innings, no hits, one walk, 5 K's

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahmed now has hits in 12 of the last 14 games, including 5 multi-hit games and 3 with 3 hits.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Dbacks batted around for the second straight inning - Varsho makes 3rd out in each inning

9-1 Dbacks after 2
Peralta, Ahmed and Escobar have been given the chance to work their way out of slumps.

Varsho, of course, is a brand new rookie. But doesn't logic say that he needs the same
chance as Peralta, Ahmed and Escobar, especially while acclimating to the Majors?

And especially while we have the luxury of the brand new DH position and don't have to
displace anyone to do it. Is it really more important to rotate 6 or 7 players in and out
as designated hitter?

This is the ideal chance to platoon Varsho and Cron as DH. If not, send them back down
to where they can play every day.

The manager, as I've posted previously, is not fulfilling his responsibility to develop for
the future. And the GM is not fulfilling his to use his roster to fill other needed positions
via trades.

Back to the point of not rotating 6 or 7 players in and out as designated hitter . . .

'Sounds like a team who is afraid to make decisions.