Game #133-Arizona Diamondbacks (66-66) @ SF Giants (65-66). 08/27/19

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I was really hoping we could take both away games but I see Leake is pitching. Unless he suddenly finds his stuff we are doomed.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
D-backs' Leake, Giants' Samardzija set for rematch
Two pitchers with the experience of having been traded into playoff races go head-to-head Tuesday night when the visiting Arizona Diamondbacks meet the San Francisco Giants in a game with National League postseason ramifications.

As both teams fight an uphill battle in pursuit of an NL wild-card spot, the visiting Diamondbacks (66-66) moved a half-game ahead of the Giants (65-66) with a 6-4 win in the series opener Monday.

The win allowed Arizona to tie the season series 9-9, with the final head-to-head meeting on Tuesday.
https://sports.yahoo.com/d-backs-leake-giants-samardzija-set-rematch-074436359--mlb.html

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My uneducated key to the game is to hit Samardzija early, and Mike Leake finding the strike zone.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They both have records of 9-10.

It will be interesting to see who prevails.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My uneducated key to the game is to hit Samardzija early, and Mike Leake finding the strike zone.

The problem with Leake finding the strike zone is, whenever he does find the zone, his pitches get smashed! :(

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

LOL... well, we have won 2 in a row and back to even .500... Which means we are due for a loss, right?
Heard one of the most damning stats today about this team. The Dbacks broke a MLB record that dates back to the 1890's yesterday!! Yesterday marked the 58th straight day that this team has been within 2 games of either side of .500! I mean, if that isn't the Monet of Mediocrity, I don't know what is... :shocker:

AZ Native

Reaction score
LOL... well, we have won 2 in a row and back to even .500... Which means we are due for a loss, right?
Heard one of the most damning stats today about this team. The Dbacks broke a MLB record that dates back to the 1890's yesterday!! Yesterday marked the 58th straight day that this team has been within 2 games of either side of .500! I mean, if that isn't the Monet of Mediocrity, I don't know what is... :shocker:
What's funny about that is most of us predicted less than 81 wins expecting less than mediocrity. ;)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What's funny about that is most of us predicted less than 81 wins expecting less than mediocrity. ;)

Yea... but, there are still 30 games left to play. The odds are clearly in favor of this team continuing to win at a .500 clip. However, it really wouldn't be much of a surprise if they were to go 10 & 20 the rest of the way...

AZ Native

Reaction score
They both have records of 9-10.

It will be interesting to see who prevails.
Leakes ERA by game since joining the DBacks: 3.38, 8.71. 7.71, 8.02. :(
Yea... but, there are still 30 games left to play. The odds are clearly in favor of this team continuing to win at a .500 clip. However, it really wouldn't be much of a surprise if they were to go 10 & 20 the rest of the way...
Really? I have seen no indication of that. Looks like are destined for about .500.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
They need to have the bullpen warming up on the first inning with Leake pitching tonight.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocker!!
Game starting poorly for Leake

Out, single, Out, HBP, Single (RUN), out.

1-0 Giants after 1

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
When I foresaw a decline coming, you reacted strongly and tried to get personal.

I am sure you felt your beliefs . . . as did I. And now you are coming around.

Whether you look at the D-backs recent trend or their pitching weaknesses,
they don't look like a team that will maintain a .500 pace.

Losing Peralta will not make a difference. Sadly, we have either not had him
or, when we did, he was not the clutch player he had been.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The schedule shows tonight's game starting at 7:30, it's not yet 7:30
and the Giants have a 1-0 lead.

MOD'S. THIS BOARD IS RUNNING EXTREMELY SLOWLY.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The schedule shows tonight's game starting at 7:30, it's not yet 7:30
and the Giants have a 1-0 lead.

MOD'S. THIS BOARD IS RUNNING EXTREMELY SLOWLY.

HENCE MY DUPLICATE POST (ABOVE).

AZ Native

Reaction score
C'mon BC, you said a decline was coming but there has not been one.
They have NEVER looked like a team that will maintain a .500 pace. We lose Greinke, we still play .500 ball. I give Torey credit for this just as I would blame him if we were a .400 team. The only issue I have with your thinking is you constantly blast Torey, yet this team is exceeding your 68 win prediction and you refuse to give Torey any credit. What's there to "come around" about? Your predictions have been wrong. You act like you called this. You didn't. You predicted 68-94, that is not even close, admit it.

It's like you are hoping this team falls on their face and only wins the 68 games you predicted instead of giving credit to Torey keeping this team on pace for 81 wins. I don't get the hate for a manger who is getting more wins out of this team than we predicted. SMH

I am more concerned about DBack wins than questioning every move of the manager after the fact. But, that's just me. Have at it.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Avila, .230 hitter (you can't expect us to hit the ball the other way) grounds out into the shift.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
When I foresaw a decline coming, you reacted strongly and tried to get personal.

I am sure you felt your beliefs . . . as did I. And now you are coming around.

Whether you look at the D-backs recent trend or their pitching weaknesses,
they don't look like a team that will maintain a .500 pace.

Losing Peralta will not make a difference. Sadly, we have either not had him
or, when we did, he was not the clutch player he had been.

LOL... I took, and still do, issue with your single-minded focus on the “decline” coming as a result of poor coaching. My statement that I wouldn’t be surprised if the team finished 10 & 20 is purely based off of my view of the talent (or lack thereof) on this team. See the difference??

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It's like you are hoping this team falls on their face and only wins the 68 games you predicted instead of giving credit to Torey keeping this team on pace for 81 wins. I don't get the hate for a manger who is getting more wins out of this team than we predicted. SMH
Your accusation is untrue and uncalled for. I have watched the D-backs just about
every inning this season and certainly do not watch games to see them lose. That
is not my mentality. You're shooting from the hip and being dramatic.

It is why I get so pissed off when I see the team do things that I, as a fan, believe
are causing problems. Inconsistent hitting. Quadriple switches. Declining fielding.
Minor Leaguers brought up and not getting a fair chance to show what they can do,
notably Cron and Duplantier.

Again, I cringe when I see a poster use the word "hate". I'll post what I've posted every
time I see it. Attack problems, not people! Saying that someone "hates" the manager
is just being dramatic.

And to keep harping on predictions made before the start of the season. Obviously,
so much can happen by 162 games later. All they could be were guesses. But I
think you realize that.

And I'll say again, I post about the D-backs (unless I have to defend myself against
personal attacks like yours).