Gambo: Suns are targeting Harrison Barnes, Al Horford & Nic Batum in free agency

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E

Every year at this time some ESPN "Insider" dreams up a ridiculous trade that jettisons all the Knicks garbage for a full, young, talented makeover. Melo is useless and he has an obscene contract. If the Knicks want somebody to take Melo they're gonna have to send the picks not the other way around.

This happens every season as you say. Media wants to trade Knicks sweepings for something special.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This happens every season as you say. Media wants to trade Knicks sweepings for something special.

Sucks that an "unbiased national media outlet" are all such New York homers.

sent from a fone

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Sucks that an "unbiased national media outlet" are all such New York homers.

sent from a fone

Barnes would probably have been more of a realistic candidate under the JC era, similar to Longley. Now with Babby and his very low basketball talent IQ gone, I doubt Foamy and Boy-Angry throw $80M on a player who has very little upside at 25. Barnes is a slightly more polished version of the Barnes 2012 pick. Pass.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Bledsoe for Love? I think it would be good for both teams.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think CLE will be dealing anyone now. They just beat the 72 win GSW team, Gilbert will try and keep his team intact.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do we need a soft no-defense playing PF who has shown that his worth is very little if he is not able to be the man and pile up empty stats on a losing team?

I don't think you can call a guy who grabs 11.5 rebounds for his career soft. You have to fight for those. If you look at his PER which you love to quote it's 12.7 per 36. Sorry, that is not soft.

You want to blast him for his defense (which at times is bad) that's justified. However, overall his defensive PER when playing PF isn't atrocious at 14.1 (Opponent per 48). It's gets really bad when he plays center where it's about 21.0 (Opponent per 48).

There is much worse in the NBA than Kevin Love. I think as long as you can surround him with decent defenders he is a good piece.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So, our roster would be.

Irving, Williams
Booker
TJ
Kevin Love
Chandler

With no picks to fill the gaps. Um. Yuck. I would choose patience over this mess.
If we can sign some good bench players, it may not be that bad a team. I assume Love would play better than he's done in CLE. Irving & Booker backcourt would be the 2nd best shooting backcourt in the NBA and one of the best shooting backcourts of all time. Spacing with Irving, Booker and Love would be good too.

I don't know if it will work but I'm not sure its such a bad thing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can call a guy who grabs 11.5 rebounds for his career soft. You have to fight for those. If you look at his PER which you love to quote it's 12.7 per 36. Sorry, that is not soft.

You want to blast him for his defense (which at times is bad) that's justified. However, overall his defensive PER when playing PF isn't atrocious at 14.1 (Opponent per 48). It's gets really bad when he plays center where it's about 21.0 (Opponent per 48).

There is much worse in the NBA than Kevin Love. I think as long as you can surround him with decent defenders he is a good piece.

I agree. I'd take him in a flash as long as the price is right.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Thank you. He certainly isn't perfect, but he is still a top 5 PF, and can hit 3's. For the cost of a promising but oft injured guard, he's worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave