Gambo: Suns are targeting Harrison Barnes, Al Horford & Nic Batum in free agency

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, I'm not sure if Bledsoe is the right starting point guard either, but he won't kill the team's ball movement nearly as much as Knight, so seeing how he fits with Booker makes sense to me.

If he's not the right fit, next year's draft is absolutely LOADED with quality point guards.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Also, I'm not sure if Bledsoe is the right starting point guard either, but he won't kill the team's ball movement nearly as much as Knight, so seeing how he fits with Booker makes sense to me.

I'm not much of a Bledsoe fan, but he started to show some leadership last season before he inevitably got hurt again. If the Suns can surround him with two-way players, he should be reasonably effective. Well, until he gets hurt again.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Knight would just accept the 6th man role. I'd be okay with Bledsoe and Booker starting. We just need to see how positions 3 & 4 pan out this coming season, we are still weak there. I don't think Tele or Leuer are starting options, nor big minute guys off the bench. Hopefully Warren comes back stronger for a breakout year, I think he's key on what direction we take.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The free agent class this year... well, the realistic free agent class this year is just crap. So many mid level guys are going to get huge money. I'm hoping the Suns just focus on the draft and trades for Knight. Maybe they can somehow parlay Knight into one of the bigs from Philly? Don't even know much about them other than their numbers, maybe that's a bad idea... sigh.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I agree. Get Murray and Ellenson/Chriss/Davis and trade Knight. That leaves us with:

Chandler
Len
Warren
Booker
Bledsoe

Murray
X (Knight)
Tucker
Teletubby
Loooer

Not sure how much Horford helps us. Not interested in overpaying him, Batum or Barnes. Just stay put. Grow the youngsters and rather sign a game changer. Those three guys are good but not great.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really not interested in Barnes. To me, the only reason he looks appealing is because he plays for the Warriors. On another team, I'm not even sure we'd be talking about him. Not worth the money he's going to command.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like Biyombo and DeRozan are the Raptors top priority free agents. Biyombo is talking about giving the Raptors a home town discount. :-/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When asked if he would take a hometown discount, he didn’t hesitate with his answer: “Yeah. Things can always be worked out,” Biyombo said Monday, “I’ve said that to my people, I’ve said that to Masai. When the right time comes I’d be open to figuring something out. At the end of the day it’s for fun, not money. It’s not always about money. Money is great, but at the same time I ask ‘how much fun am I going to have? The city is great, the team is great, and we’re winning.”
http://hoopshype.com/storyline/bismack-biyombo-free-agency/

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Darren Collison was just arrested for Domestic Violence. Think Sacramento might like Brandon Knight? Get on the phone Ryan!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It has been a poor postseason for Barnes. Scoring average down from 11.7 (regular season) to 9.4; FG% from .466 to .405; 3FG% from .383 to .359, FTA from 2.0 to 1.5. He's starting to look like a very poor man's Rudy Gay. Someone would have to be pretty desperate to throw a big contract at him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a proposed game-changing three team trade reportedly from Chad Ford Insider involving the Knicks, Cavaliers and Suns.

This is from an article written by Matt Layman of Arizona Sports on 6-14-16.

The deal was the first of “Five game-changing NBA draft trades” that Ford listed, and it involves the Suns dealing a wealth of players and draft picks in exchange for stars and supporting players.

"The massive three-teamer

Knicks send: Carmelo Anthony and Robin Lopez to Cleveland
Cavaliers send: Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Mo Williams and Sasha Kaun to Phoenix
Suns send: Eric Bledsoe to Cleveland; Brandon Knight, Alex Len, P.J. Tucker, Archie Goodwin and the Nos. 4 and 13 picks to New York

(…)

Why the Suns do it: Owner Robert Sarver has been eager to avoid a total rebuild in Phoenix. This would give him a chance to make a big splash right now. Irving has a higher ceiling than Bledsoe and is two years younger. Love would fill a huge gap at the 4.

Most importantly, it also allows the Suns to do this while still hanging on to Devin Booker, whom they are very high on. With Knight departing in this trade, Booker could step into the starting lineup for Phoenix right away."

IMO, it sounds like reading material for those who are bored.

http://arizonasports.com/story/6948...ssive-trade-with-knicks-and-cavs-makes-sense/

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has been a poor postseason for Barnes. Scoring average down from 11.7 (regular season) to 9.4; FG% from .466 to .405; 3FG% from .383 to .359, FTA from 2.0 to 1.5. He's starting to look like a very poor man's Rudy Gay. Someone would have to be pretty desperate to throw a big contract at him.

He was playing fairly well in the finals until that game 5 2-14 disaster. hes' hit a bunch of big shots for the Warriors and he plays good defense but if he gets a max contract or close he's been massively overpaid.

It's too bad Looney's hip issues are so severe, he might have actually had a role on the team next year.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here is a proposed game-changing three team trade reportedly from Chad Ford Insider involving the Knicks, Cavaliers and Suns.

This is from an article written by Matt Layman of Arizona Sports on 6-14-16.

IMO, it sounds like reading material for those who are bored.

http://arizonasports.com/story/6948...ssive-trade-with-knicks-and-cavs-makes-sense/

I don't like Kevin Love much but I would seriously consider that offer.

For me it comes down to, whose more of a health risk for the future, Kyrie or Bledsoe? And that's for the Suns training staff to decide.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That trade would make me nauseous and IMO we'd be a 30 win team.

Irving has some big nights where he gets hot, but on the balance IMO he can be a detriment, freezing out teammates and is a revolving door on D. Love (while not the superstar his numbers suggested in Minny) has had his struggles in Cleveland largely because he is stuck playing with the most selfish PG in the NBA, and that is with LeBron out there forcing the ball out of Kyrie's hands. Without LeBron IMO those bad habits become even worse.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like Kevin Love much but I would seriously consider that offer.

For me it comes down to, whose more of a health risk for the future, Kyrie or Bledsoe? And that's for the Suns training staff to decide.

So, our roster would be.

Irving, Williams
Booker
TJ
Kevin Love
Chandler

With no picks to fill the gaps. Um. Yuck. I would choose patience over this mess.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
E
So, our roster would be.

Irving, Williams
Booker
TJ
Kevin Love
Chandler

With no picks to fill the gaps. Um. Yuck. I would choose patience over this mess.

Every year at this time some ESPN "Insider" dreams up a ridiculous trade that jettisons all the Knicks garbage for a full, young, talented makeover. Melo is useless and he has an obscene contract. If the Knicks want somebody to take Melo they're gonna have to send the picks not the other way around.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave