Gambo says...

CARDCORE FAN

Rookie
Reaction score
please say no

During the Diamondbacks game, John Gambodoro said the Suns were close to trading KT and a pick for cap relief...not trading up, but just cap relief. Well we aren't beating the Spurs next year, that's for sure.

wow I really hope they dont do that

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Focus on beating the Spurs while avoiding even more serious chemistry issues and keeping last season's team as impact as I can behind the necessary changes.

In other words trade Amare plus Thomas or Diaw for KG and if it's too much sacrifice from the future of the Suns then try to compensate it with adding #7, 24 and 29.

Building to beat a particular team is the surest way to disaster. Just ask Mavs fans. DAntoni is right. Choose a philosophy, make it work. Seek to dominate whatever type of team you play.

BTW, I do believe we would have beaten the Spurs without the suspensions.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This thread should be a sticky for the rest of the season. Every rumor that Gambo states/makes up/steals from ASFN should be put in here.

Hey Chris maybe we can make this a sub-forum. ;) :D

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score

HooverDam

Reaction score
I will probably almost be in tears if the Suns move Amare. They've waited since 1968 to have their own big man, they finally get him, and they are going to move him? Thats totally selling their future down the river.

I guess I'm going to have to buy one of those new Atlanta Hawks jerseys.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I read the thread what "Gambo says" the lyrics to the song performed by Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show comes to mind:

"Sylvia's mother says..."

Maybe some still remember the song.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo just said Amare to the Hawks, and the Marion to Boston are totally hogwash and there was nothing of truth to them at all.

:shock:

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
6-27-07 Gambo says.

Amare to Atlanta is complete B.S.

Phx/Bos/Min three way never had a chance.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Gambo is insistent on the Suns trading KT + pick for cash.

"The trade scenerios you hear on ESPN, just throw them out the door. They will not happen."

:barf:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The board if the KT + pick for cash deal goes through

You must be registered for see images

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK, I'm done for the day. I can't handle this. See you guys in the chat tomorrow if we still have any first round picks.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Typical suns move..... so does this mean we

A. Won't have a draft pick for the 4th consecutive year?

B. Won't improve our team, and furthermore will make it virtually impossible to match-up against the spurs with no KT...therefore weakening it..

C. Not fix any chemistry problems, and instead Tell one of our Star players he is being Traded, and let another one hear A BUNCH of speculation that he will be traded, when all Kerr had to do is come out and say "you know what, under no circumstances in Amare Availible PERIOD"...

D. Unless they pull something out of their ass's between now and the draft (again that very well could happend) I will be sorely dissappointed AGAIN....

mribnik

Reaction score
If the Suns only move is to trade KT and a pick away for cash, they really didn't need to bring Kerr in. They were experts at selling picks already. I won't believe it until it actually happens of course.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Question?

Would it be possible to trade KT and a first to Charlotte with the understanding that Charlotte would waive him. Then, after he clears waiver the Suns pick him up for the minimum? The Suns could save 16 million dollars by moving one pick. Charlotte only has his contract on the books for one year and gets a late first rounder.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Would it be possible to trade KT and a first to Charlotte with the understanding that Charlotte would waive him. Then, after he clears waiver the Suns pick him up for the minimum? The Suns could save 16 million dollars by moving one pick. Charlotte only has his contract on the books for one year and gets a late first rounder.

Why would the Bobcats do that? They'd basically give up a high pick for a low pick and have a contract on their books for a player that isn't on their team. How does that work for them?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose