FYRE Festival Documentary (Netflix)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
That whole story fascinated me when it happened like 2 years ago.. and the documentary is good. I hope the main guy rots in jail the next few years. A genuinely horrible guy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cheese put it best: lots of Dooooshbags getting what they kinda deserve (including many of the dooooshy victims).

Feel bad for a lot of the legit employees and workers who thought they were working on something legit or never got paid for their efforts.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this on my Must Watch list.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watching douches get theirs is so entertaining that I've watched the netflix one three times.

the hulu one wasn't nearly as good.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the story. Can someone summarize?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the story. Can someone summarize?
Basically a con artist promises an elaborate concert in the Bahama's, billed as the next lollapalooza, and secures/steals millions of dollars from investors/customers to fund a very expensive lifestyle. It's like watching an American Greed episode on CNBC.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically a con artist promises an elaborate concert in the Bahama's, billed as the next lollapalooza, and secures/steals millions of dollars from investors/customers to fund a very expensive lifestyle. It's like watching an American Greed episode on CNBC.

Got ya. Thanks. I'll have to check it out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are different??

hulu has Billy interviewed on camera... where he basically says nothing. the rest of it is fast-edits with pop-culture crap saying hey look how cool this documentary is!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I almost didn’t feel bad for the people thought still went despite the many warning signs. How desperate for a good time do you have to be?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only people I felt bad for was the people on the island that put in all the work and never got paid or the lady who paid people out of her own pocket and lost her life savings.

Now the people who spent thousands of dollars to go see blink182 in 2017 deserve what they got lol. I just look at this and say wow. Idk about you but when I’m going on vacation or anywhere I look at photos and reviews not drawings of what I’m gonna get. Who’s the guy running the festival and in all the commercials look at his other business oh it’s crap lol.

I found this hilarious

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Just watched the hulu one last night.. the Netflix one is a lot better. The only good part of the hulu one is McFarland ducking all of the pointed questions and then going "what did I lie about in this interview?" at the end when asked if he is a compulsive liar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I almost didn’t feel bad for the people thought still went despite the many warning signs. How desperate for a good time do you have to be?
I don’t think they were desperate for a good time. I think they were desperate to be part of the “it” crowd. The same people who essentially fell for Billy’s bogus “lifestyle” credit card bs.