Fury

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree i thought this was phenomenal.

I read some reviews before I saw it, which I never do because I despise movie critics I think they are horrible people as a whole. (lol jk) But I cant disagree more with most of the reviews.

Quite a few of the reviews slammed Pitt, they said he was just rehashing his Inglorious Bastards role, which is total BS. I swear Brad Pitt cant get a break I think he's a good actor, people just love to hate him for some reason.

Pitt was great, Lebouf was outstanding and the kid, the guy from the walking dead, everyone was really good. That whole dinner scene went from nerve wracking to sweet to horribly uncomfortable to just plain heart breaking. I thought it was brilliant film making.

The action was great, a lot of the realities of war, especially WWII were touched on much better than in other movies.

The tank fight scene was freaking amazing.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I agree i thought this was phenomenal.

I read some reviews before I saw it, which I never do because I despise movie critics I think they are horrible people as a whole. (lol jk) But I cant disagree more with most of the reviews.

Quite a few of the reviews slammed Pitt, they said he was just rehashing his Inglorious Bastards role, which is total BS. I swear Brad Pitt cant get a break I think he's a good actor, people just love to hate him for some reason.

Pitt was great, Lebouf was outstanding and the kid, the guy from the walking dead, everyone was really good. That whole dinner scene went from nerve wracking to sweet to horribly uncomfortable to just plain heart breaking. I thought it was brilliant film making.

The action was great, a lot of the realities of war, especially WWII were touched on much better than in other movies.

The tank fight scene was freaking amazing.

See, the tank fight scene absolutely killed the movie for me. Was it fun in a Rambo kind of way, with some added pathos? Sure, yeah, but here we have a movie about the realities of war, how awful and brutal it really is, and then...it turns into Rambo fantasy land. A fun sequence, but it kept it from being in any way a great movie.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Band Of Brother was easily the best war anything that's ever been made.

Platoon was pretty great as well.

And even though it's COMPLETE fantasy, Inglorious Bastards is probably the most entertaining war movie ever made.

It was entertaining but not even close to the most entertaining for me. Unless I misunderstood what you mean by that. Agree with you on the Band of Brothers, loved Platoon and also loved Saving Private Ryan more than Inglorious Bastards.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I have to see this movie now for sure after all the good things everyone has said. Do I bring the wife to this?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
See, the tank fight scene absolutely killed the movie for me. Was it fun in a Rambo kind of way, with some added pathos? Sure, yeah, but here we have a movie about the realities of war, how awful and brutal it really is, and then...it turns into Rambo fantasy land. A fun sequence, but it kept it from being in any way a great movie.

I agree, I should have been more specific, I meant the scene where the tankS are fighting eachother. Tank on Tank. That was an epic battle. I assume you're talking about the last "tank" scene.

Stout

Reaction score
I agree, I should have been more specific, I meant the scene where the tankS are fighting eachother. Tank on Tank. That was an epic battle. I assume you're talking about the last "tank" scene.

Oh, yeah, the tank on tank battle was indeed epic, and very realistic too. We were massively outgunned in armor battles.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, the tank on tank battle was indeed epic, and very realistic too. We were massively outgunned in armor battles.

See, I really liked that aspect of it. The Sherman was absurdly inferior to the Tiger. So, that realism was cool. Not like so many of the traditional WWII movies where a Sherman tank is taking out Tigers and Panthers right and left without a scratch. It was our massive air domination, and supplies and numbers, that crushed the Germans in Western Europe.

When it comes to great war movies, I just have to throw Das Boot, Apocalypse Now and Full Metal Jacket into the mix. I wouldn't say "Fury" is better than any of those including some of the others mentioned in this thread.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup:

Glad you loved it!!! The acting from all of them was incredible IMO but your right about Labouf!! I can't believe more people haven't commented on this yet...

Yeah, still thinking about it. The trailer doesn't do it justice.

Not trying to be all "movie reviewer guy" but there were two scenes that Shia absolutely stole the scene without saying a word. In the house with the 2 German ladies and by the tank when the Germans were coming. Just amazing acting by him.

One of my favorite parts that struck me was the commentary by Pitt when he was talking to the rookie when he said: "It will end, soon. But before it does, a lot more people have to die."

At that time, with what they were watching you know he meant it, he believed it, and he was okay with it.

Can't wait to go see it again with the Mrs.

p.s. One other problem I had with the experience was that when I watched it there were two families that brought little kids with them. One, a kid about 8 and one a kid about 3. This is NOT a movie to bring little kids to. There were more than a few times during the movie that I got pulled back from getting lost in the movie to the reality that I was sitting in a theater where little kids were watching things they really shouldn't be seeing.

p.s.p.s. The one tank battle was epic. That Tiger tank used in the scene is the only Tiger in existence that is still running/functioning. It was borrowed from a museum for the movie.

Absolutely spot on, guys! Powerful, powerful movie. My bride and I were exhausted after the movie from the emotional rollercoaster of the film.

4.5 out of 5 stars. Great.... simply great all the way around.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
w/Brad Pitt, Shia Belouf etc.

Is there a thread on this?

You must be registered for see images

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a sense this was the anti glorification of war. A teaching moment. Brutally honest. The scenes in the town celebration where Lerman and Pitt engage the two women were the best of the entire movie. Helluva roller coaster ride.

A real mind bender. I thought the combat scenes ( although necessary and technically/visually grabbing) detracted , in large, from the body of work.

5/5

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I didn't love it as much as most folks in this thread, but I did think it was a solid film. Loved the rawness of it.

I like reading about the filming process. I got a kick out of this one:

About shooting in Oxfordshire, England, Brad Pitt said, "No rations, no showers, and we were sleeping in the rain. It was miserable, but we loved it".

Band Of Brother was easily the best war anything that's ever been made.

Platoon was pretty great as well.

And even though it's COMPLETE fantasy, Inglorious Bastards is probably the most entertaining war movie ever made.

Completely agree. Band of Brothers was some of the best tv I've ever seen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely agree. Band of Brothers was some of the best tv I've ever seen.

I'm not overly fond of movies or shows about war but we watch Band of Brothers at least annually and it never fails to impress.

Stout

Reaction score
I have to downgrade my rating for this movie. Incredible start, with a laughable bordering on worse-than-B-movie script for the 2nd half. This wasn't Inglorious Bastards. It's draw was in the characters doing their best in a realistic, hellish environment. And then it got stupid. Really, really, over-the-top stupid.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave