Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fury

Release Date: October 17, 2014
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: David Ayer
Screenwriter: David Ayer
Genre: Action, Drama
MPAA Rating: R (for strong sequences of war violence, some grisly images, and language throughout)

Starring: Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf, Logan Lerman, Michael Pena, Jon Bernthal, Jason Isaacs

Plot Summary: In "Fury," it is April, 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle-hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, and with a rookie soldier thrust into their platoon, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely awesome from beginning to end! Acting was amazing too!

Freaking great movie!!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The tone and themes of this movie knocked it out of the park. Up until the climax, I give it 5 out of 5 stars. Believability killed it there, though. 3.5 out of 5 stars for me.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Incredible movie. Had me thinking about it for a long time afterward.

I will never type this again in the history of the world but Shia LeBeouf was absolutely amazing. He should win an Oscar for best supporting.

My only complaint (and I read this from alot of critics as well) was it had violence and gore for the sake of violence and gore. It was unnecessary.

Probably the 2nd best war movie I've ever seen.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incredible movie. Had me thinking about it for a long time afterward.

I will never type this again in the history of the world but Shia LeBeouf was absolutely amazing. He should win an Oscar for best supporting.

My only complaint (and I read this from alot of critics as well) was it had violence and gore for the sake of violence and gore. It was unnecessary.

Probably the 2nd best war movie I've ever seen.

:thumbup:

Glad you loved it!!! The acting from all of them was incredible IMO but your right about Labouf!! I can't believe more people haven't commented on this yet...

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
:thumbup:

Glad you loved it!!! The acting from all of them was incredible IMO but your right about Labouf!! I can't believe more people haven't commented on this yet...

Yeah, still thinking about it. The trailer doesn't do it justice.

Not trying to be all "movie reviewer guy" but there were two scenes that Shia absolutely stole the scene without saying a word. In the house with the 2 German ladies and by the tank when the Germans were coming. Just amazing acting by him.

One of my favorite parts that struck me was the commentary by Pitt when he was talking to the rookie when he said: "It will end, soon. But before it does, a lot more people have to die."

At that time, with what they were watching you know he meant it, he believed it, and he was okay with it.

Can't wait to go see it again with the Mrs.

p.s. One other problem I had with the experience was that when I watched it there were two families that brought little kids with them. One, a kid about 8 and one a kid about 3. This is NOT a movie to bring little kids to. There were more than a few times during the movie that I got pulled back from getting lost in the movie to the reality that I was sitting in a theater where little kids were watching things they really shouldn't be seeing.

p.s.p.s. The one tank battle was epic. That Tiger tank used in the scene is the only Tiger in existence that is still running/functioning. It was borrowed from a museum for the movie.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will definitely be seeing it again in the theatre... And I agree not a movie for kids at all...

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tone and themes of this movie knocked it out of the park. Up until the climax, I give it 5 out of 5 stars. Believability killed it there, though. 3.5 out of 5 stars for me.

Was excited for it until Stout gave it good reviews..

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great movie, watched it last night. Even better than Saving Private Ryan.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, this was a good movie. But, I don't see the "great" movie that others saw. I think the star power of the actors are maybe getting it overrated.

But, if you like war movies this is a good one. The one thing I will grant that makes this movie a bit different than others is how dangerous it makes the Germans sound. Most war movies, that cover the invasion of Germany, make it seem like an easy stroll from the Rhine in. My grandfather joined the front line just before that point and he always said the Germans were better trained and had better equipment. This movie echoes that as it makes clear the Sherman was inferior to the Tiger.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
After Saving Private Ryan?

Yep. That was my first thought.

Band of Brothers is my all time favorite, but that wasn't a movie.

Black Hawk Down, Platoon, and a couple others come to mind.

Lone Survivor would be up there if the writer/director hadn't screwed with reality so much.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought this was better than Black Hawk Down, but the only reason why was that the characters in Black Hawk Down weren't fully realized. Good action and great filmmaking, but the only stake we as an audience had was that they were American and we wanted the Americans to win, rather than wanting a character or group of characters succeed individually.

I think that the opening 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan was better than Fury, but I felt that Fury was better than the remaining 2 hours of SPR.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. That was my first thought.

Band of Brothers is my all time favorite, but that wasn't a movie.

Black Hawk Down, Platoon, and a couple others come to mind.

Lone Survivor would be up there if the writer/director hadn't screwed with reality so much.

Band Of Brother was easily the best war anything that's ever been made.

Platoon was pretty great as well.

And even though it's COMPLETE fantasy, Inglorious Bastards is probably the most entertaining war movie ever made.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
I thought this was better than Black Hawk Down, but the only reason why was that the characters in Black Hawk Down weren't fully realized. Good action and great filmmaking, but the only stake we as an audience had was that they were American and we wanted the Americans to win, rather than wanting a character or group of characters succeed individually.

I think that the opening 30 minutes of Saving Private Ryan was better than Fury, but I felt that Fury was better than the remaining 2 hours of SPR.

Totally agree. That was my one other slight complaint about it. Honestly, one of the characters was downright un-likeable.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

And even though it's COMPLETE fantasy, Inglorious Bastards is probably the most entertaining war movie ever made.

You forgot the IMO. I liked Inglourious, but most entertaining war movie? Don't really agree with that. I enjoyed and was entertained more by Glory, for example.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You gonna see this Cheese?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You forgot the IMO. I liked Inglourious, but most entertaining war movie? Don't really agree with that. I enjoyed and was entertained more by Glory, for example.

didn't realize I had to qualify that. saying something is entertaining is pretty much a matter of opinion, no?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson