Free Agency Wave 2

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What do expect to see here? Any chances the Cards have agreements with a couple of vets fairly soon, now that the comp pick period is ending?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What do expect to see here? Any chances the Cards have agreements with a couple of vets fairly soon, now that the comp pick period is ending?
Chances are really good they add some vets. Looking at the roster and at available players, RB, IOL, DT and DE all look like they have guys who could come in and start for the Cardinals.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When is the rookie mini camp? This weekend?
Cardinals Set Offseason Dates For 2023
  • April 11 Offseason strength and conditioning program begins.
  • April 25-27 Voluntary veteran minicamp.
  • April 27 Cardinals draft party at State Farm Stadium.
  • April 27-29 2023 NFL Draft.
  • May 12-14 Rookie minicamp.
  • May 22, May 24-25 Voluntary organized team activities.

Cardinals Set Offseason Dates For 2023

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Not a great CB, but probably the best one left on the market - unless maybe a guy like Marcus Peters or Shaq Griffin is ok taking a 1 year deal without much total/guaranteed money (which isn't likely).

Oh, and "not a great CB" still means "better than what we have now".

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
But I do have FAR more faith in the coaches that will coach up this roster than the coaches of the miserable previous regime. And that matters a TON.
Yes. Our defensive line coach with *checks notes* one year of experience in the NFL will assuredly close a lot of the gap left from losing J.J. Watt and Zach Allen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes. Our defensive line coach with *checks notes* one year of experience in the NFL will assuredly close a lot of the gap left from losing J.J. Watt and Zach Allen.
You’re forgetting who our HC/DC was last year, compared to who our HC this year is. He ran one of the best defenses in the NFL last year. So I trust his choices in regards to who will be coaching up our DL FAR, FAR, FAR , FAR, FAR more than wimpy VJ and even wimpier Kingsbury.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no faith in the current state of the DL or interior OL right now
We have a bunch of guys for the interior OL, I think we can find 2 that will be passable.

At Dline, that is pretty much the easiest position to fill with guys off the street. They won't be very good, but probably won't cost us to many games themselves either.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a great CB, but probably the best one left on the market - unless maybe a guy like Marcus Peters or Shaq Griffin is ok taking a 1 year deal without much total/guaranteed money (which isn't likely).

Oh, and "not a great CB" still means "better than what we have now".
No chance we consider Marcus Peters.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't get this. Is football different in college?

Probably the best O line coach in the league, Jeff Stoutland of the Eagles, was 30 years in college ball before joining the Eagles in 2013 and was instantly fantastic.

Andy Reid's first staff at the Eagles came predominantly from college ball and many of them when on to be head coaches. Only 6 of that staff at previous NFL experience. Guys like Pat Shurmer, Sean McDermott, Steve Spagnuolo had only coached in college.

Football is football when it comes to position coaches.

It makes a difference with HC's because running an NFL team is fundamentally different to running a college team but for position coaches I don't see why it matters if they came from college.

Some of these coaches will be poor and some good most likely, but it won't be because they haven't coached in the NFL before.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA