Freddie Kitchens!!!

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Arians doesn’t get the Cleveland job, MB needs to figure out how to get Kitchens back to AZ. If Arians is hired by the Browns, the only way back is to hire him as the HC

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Arians doesn’t get the Cleveland job, MB needs to figure out how to get Kitchens back to AZ. If Arians is hired by the Browns, the only way back is to hire him as the HC
The Greg Roman (HC)/ Freddie Kitchens combo will have legs if Cleveland hires a new head coach.

The other option would be Freddie Kitchens (HC) and Todd Bowles combo. Ties to the organization. Ties to each other. Bowles has HC experience and can help Kitchens with the transition. It would allow you to keep Leftwich who seems to be liked within the organization. Kitchens is an offensive guy who has limited success working with a young QB. Familiar with many of the players. Also, this would not cost a ton. If Keim is kept, I think this is a likely scenario.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Greg Roman (HC)/ Freddie Kitchens combo will have legs if Cleveland hires a new head coach.

The other option would be Freddie Kitchens (HC) and Todd Bowles combo. Ties to the organization. Ties to each other. Bowles has HC experience and can help Kitchens with the transition. It would allow you to keep Leftwich who seems to be liked within the organization. Kitchens is an offensive guy who has limited success working with a young QB. Familiar with many of the players. Also, this would not cost a ton. If Keim is kept, I think this is a likely scenario.

This is an interesting idea. I like Bowles running our defense. When he did it was really good. Kitchens is also doing a good job with Mayfield.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is an interesting idea. I like Bowles running our defense. When he did it was really good. Kitchens is also doing a good job with Mayfield.

Bowles is a very good DC & I'd be thrilled to have him back in that capacity. I like Chopper's idea of bringing in Kitchens as HC / Bowles as DC. I'm still not sold on Leftwich as OC though. Keep him as a QB coach if possible. Otherwise, I still like bringing in McCarthy. Keim would need to convince McCarthy to bring in Bowles as DC.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bowles is a very good DC & I'd be thrilled to have him back in that capacity. I like Chopper's idea of bringing in Kitchens as HC / Bowles as DC. I'm still not sold on Leftwich as OC though. Keep him as a QB coach if possible. Otherwise, I still like bringing in McCarthy. Keim would need to convince McCarthy to bring in Bowles as DC.
Kitchens will not give up play calling duties if he were to get a head coaching gig. I don't love this idea personally, but it is lining up to be a likely option.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How is Kitchens qualified to be a HC?
For the Cardinals?

He has coached in the league for years.
He has called offensive plays to some success.
He is cheap.
He is a young offensive mind who has coached a young QB to some success.
You can convince him to be more collaborative with a GM regarding personnel.
You can convince him to hire an experienced DC of your preference to help with the transition.
He has ties to the organization and players so he is not starting from scratch.

Those are the arguments for Kitchens as the AZ HC.

You can argue that he is more qualified than Wilks who they hired last year and convinced everyone that he was a qualified candidate.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Bam! +10

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like someone who has installed, run and had experience with a complete program (from weight room to play-design) and, when confronted by different challenges, knows how to recognise them and fix them.

At the coaching level, I wouldn't mind our play calling being unpredictable - if necessary, determined by pulling slips of paper out of a paper bag

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd like someone who has installed, run and had experience with a complete program (from weight room to play-design) and, when confronted by different challenges, knows how to recognise them and fix them.

At the coaching level, I wouldn't mind our play calling being unpredictable - if necessary, determined by pulling slips of paper out of a paper bag
I find this funny. Where do you find these types of guys? You either get a retread who has failed previously or you get a guy who hasn't. Frank Reich...nope. Sean McVay...nope. Mike Tomlin...nope. Kyle Shanahan...nope. Matt Nagy...nope. Doug Pedersen...nope.

Andy Reid. Bill Belichich. Pete Carroll. These guys generally aren't available.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the HC Kitchens/DC Bowles ideaa s I know we will have a good defense while the offense with Rosen grows. I'm not sure about Leftwich as the OC but would leave that up to Kitchens. MB and Keim know Kitchens and so the the payers. Bottom line is they would know better than any of us on the board if this would work.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I find this funny. Where do you find these types of guys? You either get a retread who has failed previously or you get a guy who hasn't. Frank Reich...nope. Sean McVay...nope. Mike Tomlin...nope. Kyle Shanahan...nope. Matt Nagy...nope. Doug Pedersen...nope.

Andy Reid. Bill Belichich. Pete Carroll. These guys generally aren't available.

I guess you would call McCarthy a retread, but he fits the mold that JG referred to. Except, that before he failed, he succeeded to heights that few other modern day HC's have. KC used that philosophy when they hired Reid. I think the Cardinals should do the same with McCarthy. This organization needs someone to create the complete program that Jeff mentioned in his post. Some may laugh, but McCarthy is exactly what the Cardinals need right now.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I like the HC Kitchens/DC Bowles ideaa s I know we will have a good defense while the offense with Rosen grows. I'm not sure about Leftwich as the OC but would leave that up to Kitchens. MB and Keim know Kitchens and so the the payers. Bottom line is they would know better than any of us on the board if this would work.
HC Kitchens
DC Bowles
OC Leftwich
Bring back Arians in the elder statesman role like Coughlin with the Jags.
Tom Moore as senior assistant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA