82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well... we made a Top 5 Baby!!! Frank the Tank is hysterical by the way! :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Frank the Tank has put on a lot of weight since I last saw him. In fact, I didn't even recognize him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well... we made a Top 5 Baby!!! Frank the Tank is hysterical by the way! :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
What makes the suns higher than the rest is that those other cities have had multiple championships in other major sports. Phoenix has 1 measly World Series 21 years ago now. Makes the suns drought more pronounced. And dolphins as #1? Not even close.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bills would be the most cursed team in all sports, IMO. 4 straight super bowl losses trumps anything else.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that. Only making it 3 times in over 50+ years and never winning seems worse to me.

Going 4 times in a row and losing is far worse. Imagine the false hope and just gut punch that second, third, and fourth loss would be. Like great they made it back, this is finally it and then bam! Nope. I'd rather not go than go lose and like that.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Bumping this thread...

Frank is somewhat of a friend of mine - at least through the internet. It's a long story, but a long time ago he got kicked off of the sportslogo.net forum, and reached out to me to be a moderator on his own site. He said it was because I was one of the only people that was nice to him I think.

Anyway, it is absolutely bizarre to see where he has gotten to. Just blows my mind.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think AZ sports along with Minnesota are the 2 locations with the worst “luck”. Detroit is up there as well but the Pistons and Red Wings have won, albeit 20 years ago.

Minnesota’s last title was the Twins in the early 90’s. Vikings always notorious for coming up short.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going 4 times in a row and losing is far worse. Imagine the false hope and just gut punch that second, third, and fourth loss would be. Like great they made it back, this is finally it and then bam! Nope. I'd rather not go than go lose and like that.
I'm the exact opposite. I want my teams to win; game one, game 82, game 162, in January, April, July, December and everyday in between. Sure, winning it all is the most important but not winning it all doesn't keep me from wanting to see them win every chance they can. What Buffalo accomplished was incredible and should be revered by sports fans AFAIC. Being second best is better than being third best. Losing in the championship game 4 times in a row would hurt like hell but not being relevant is an even worse kind of pain IMO.

I think of it, as a fan, the same way I did when I played any sport. I've lost some big games, never won any of the really important ones. But I wouldn't go back and remove those experiences for any reason.

Superbone

Reaction score
Bumping this thread...

Frank is somewhat of a friend of mine - at least through the internet. It's a long story, but a long time ago he got kicked off of the sportslogo.net forum, and reached out to me to be a moderator on his own site. He said it was because I was one of the only people that was nice to him I think.

Anyway, it is absolutely bizarre to see where he has gotten to. Just blows my mind.
Speaking of blowing, are you really a fellow trombonist? And I'm also moving back to AZ soon.

Superbone

Reaction score
Yes I am, although I'm primarily piano now. Majored in jazz studies at North Texas.
Oh, wow. One of the top jazz schools in the country. Now, I'm really impressed. Why did you put down the horn? Is it a matter of wanting to get paid? :p
Who was the trombone teacher at the time?

TruColor

Reaction score
Oh, wow. One of the top jazz schools in the country. Now, I'm really impressed. Why did you put down the horn? Is it a matter of wanting to get paid? :p
Who was the trombone teacher at the time?
Tired of gigging. Didn't want the lifestyle. I played professionally in Dallas, Chicago, L.A., and Denver, but pretty much stopped about 20 years ago. I've been making a living in IT for the past 35+ years, but still love music. I still play piano every day.

Trombone teachers - Susan Smith, Dan Satterwhite, and Royce Lumpkin primarily.

(I was at NT when Conrad Herwig was there!)

TruColor

Reaction score
I should also mention that jazz-wise I studied with Rich Matteson and Dan Haerle.

Where'd did you study? And, do you actually own and play a Superbone?

Superbone

Reaction score
I should also mention that jazz-wise I studied with Rich Matteson and Dan Haerle.

Where'd did you study? And, do you actually own and play a Superbone?
Very cool. I am a huge Matteson and Herwig fan. Matteson did a clinic at my high school, Saguaro, in Scottsdale. Love his album with Phil Wilson, The Sound of the Wasp. My mom and dad got to know guitarist Jack Peterson in more recent years. Got to meet Herwig a number of years ago at the Blue Note in NY when he had his Rutgers big band there.

I had a jazz scholarship at NAU with Pete Vivona (played lead in the jazz band and got lessons) but was a computer science engineering major and made my living in computer and video games. (Sierra Online and Sony) Retired last year. Never stopped playing but it was sporadic during my career. Practicing every day now. Chops are feeling pretty good. Moving back to Arizona this year and will be looking to get out and maybe do some playing.

Oh, and no, never played valves so no need for a Superbone. Just had to come up with a CB handle way back in the day and was a fan of Maynard and Superman so picked Superbone and it has stuck with me ever since.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose