FOX News Employees Embarrassed By Coverage

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Covert Rain, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Not that this is ground breaking news about FOX's bias coverage. In the past FOX News during it's phone hacking case admitted that it's network is "entertainment" during depositions related to the British Phone Hacking scandal. They recently jettisoned their "Fair & Balanced" tag.

Well there are FOX NEWS employees embarrassed that OPINION news shows like Hannity are given so much play and that real journalists there can't cover the news in a fair and balanced way. They are embarrassed that the network seems to be an extension of Trump's White House and will defend him to viewers no matter the cost.

There are other ex-Fox News employees who have gone on record that Fox news dictates the coverage verses reporting the news. These latest employees are just further proof that Fox doesn't care about the facts or fair coverage and even some of it's employees thinks it's unfair to their viewers.

Fox evidently dictates the coverage on the Russian scandals, forces employees to cover it a certain way or not cover it.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/31/media/fox-news-employees-russia-mueller-coverage/index.html

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

nashman and Covert Rain like this.
  3. Covert Rain

Mainstreet likes this.
  4. Rivercard

Rivercard Too much good stuff

No ship Sherlock, they are just now realizing all this? Lol.

82CardsGrad, LVG and nashman like this.
  5. Covert Rain

I don't think it's about just realizing it as much as some insight to the ongoing work environment at FOX during one of the biggest scandals in decades.

nashman likes this.
  6. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

I checked the Fox News site on my mobile.. Not a single link to any story related to Manafort, et al

They got nuttin'

nashman likes this.
  7. DWKB

DWKB Registered

Well at least this story gets the rampant sexual harassment at the company off the front page.

nashman likes this.
  8. AZCrazy

AZCrazy Registered

Of course Fox is biased. Insanely so. But so is everyone else in the other direction, so they make fun of Fox. The networks and CNN and MSNBC are blatant liberal apologists and hypocritical Conservative target shooters as much as Fox is toward the left. Don't watch the news. Cronkite is long gone.

Dude likes this.
  9. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I was pretty amazed last week to see Trish Regan on FOX and she was terrible. Trish Regan used to work for the local CBS affiliate in the Bay area, and then went national, and then went to CNBC for financial coverage, she was great. She's on FOX now and she's off the deep end, I guess this explains what happened.

nashman likes this.
  10. DWKB

DWKB Registered

This is just not true.

Also, "Whataboutism" isn't a response.

LVG and nashman like this.
  11. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

It is NOT even close. Fox is like Pravda. The others, while some are left leaning, are far more to the center.

LoyaltyisaCurse and nashman like this.
  12. Covert Rain

Bias exists in EVERY news organization. However, it's not true that the others are just as bias "in the other direction". IMO, MSNBC is an example but I disagree with you on CNN. I watch all 3 networks on a regular basis and during the Obama administration CNN blasted him plenty. They gave a ton of time to conservative voices on that network and still do.

Where are the stories from CNN employees being dictated to on what to report or not report?

The problem with the counter argument against FOX news is typically...well anything not Right wing is Left wing bias. It's a weak argument. You want to argue that CNN leans left I won't argue but they are not equivalent to FOX. Personally I watch a bit of them all but my favorite is still PBS news coverage.

nashman likes this.
  13. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

Here's the tree (of knowledge) that you're missing as you sit in the Fox Forest: It might seem like EVERY other news agency (outside of the Russian-based ones—weird, huh?) is against what Fox is selling. So in your mind, you see it as everyone else being "biased to the Left" as it were.

But what you're missing in that scenario is that most everyone else that isn't Fox is reporting facts, or close to it. Of course there are the exceedingly rare unvetted or embellished reports from non-Fox agencies that A) usually get called out immediately, and B) usually results in backlash or even loss of/diminished careers. But other than these outliers, these "other" agencies usually stick to ALL (emphasis needed) available, more importantly, quantifiably verifiable facts and sources.

On the other hand, Fox seems to use lies of omission or—get this—just outright lies or "alternative truths" to bend their reporting to a certain agenda.

So it seems like there's a gulf between Fox and everyone else.

You, who sounds like someone who might be inclined to watch Fox (see: Confirmation Bias), will see this as Fox being "one side," and everyone else being the "other side."

What you're NOT seeing is that Fox is the ONLY one that appears to have "picked a side" at all, hence your tendency to dismiss actual reporting as "Liberal bias."

Everyone else you see as being "Lefties?" Well yeah, there are those that are genuine, kale-eating, Whole Foods-shopping, PETA subscribing suburban hippies out there. But generally, I'd say a good 70%-80% of people you now call "Lefties" are what past generations would call "reasonable," or even outright "conservatives."

See the thing is, the more Radical Right and just simply insane Fox turns, the wider the gulf between them and the rest of media becomes. You, coming from Fox's side, is then so far to the other side, that you are frankly are conned into thinking what you're seeing on the other side is now the "Radical Left," when in truth, what you're really seeing is the actual middle. You're just so far from it that you can't comprehend that there might even be anything farther back than the "Left" you think you're seeing.

And those of us who are just prone to logic and reasonableness get lumped in that fantasy "Left" so that people on your side can feel more comfortable teetering on the edge you probably subconsciously realize (I hope) you're on.

14. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

Outside of Shepard Smith and Chris Wallace (who I expect is one of the people CNN talked to about their embarrassment) that network has turned into a pure propaganda machine.

The election was a year ago and they still act as though Hillary should be the #1 story day in and day out. She could sneeze during an interview and they'd have a 4 hour block of "Clinton health scare!" coverage while ignoring something like Trump calling the American justice system a "total joke" (which he did today and Fox has totally ignored).

CNN leans left but calls a spade a spade when there is actual news to report. MSNBC was extremely apologetic of anything Obama related, but still, never even sniffed what we're seeing from Fox and their insane lengths to defend/deflect/ignore Trump's problems.

Here is an example of Fox's rare, unbiased reporting. A good breakdown of the seriousness of these indictments, how we got here and where it is likely going. Reported by Smith (as mentioned, one of the few who don't toe the line).

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/...y-wore-wire-after-arrest-mueller-russia-probe

nashman and UncleChris like this.
  15. nidan

nidan Oscar Contributor

CNN ?

Actually I do understand, if a network reports facts they must be bias .. Ok I get it

Covert Rain and nashman like this.