Fotu Avoidable

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve noticed lots of negative Fotu comments recently, especially from DVontel. Several picks have bothered me but this mistake was obvious. I wrote at the time 4/25/20, “Others liked him better than me. I’d rate him a miss. He’s one of those guys who looks good on highlight reels but takes too many plays off. He should be more of an impact player than he was. He can stuff the run but he gets easily frustrated when he’s not having a good game. He certain has the power to be a solid early down player, but I’m not sure he’s can be motivated. With the NFL going to more wide open, passing offenses there were better players on the board. Sorry!”

When I was challenged, I quoted one ot the best scouts out there (4/25/30). “Maybe you’ll take Tony Pauline’s word for it.
“Fotu could just as easily fall into the category of “most disappointing” as much as overrated. Despite being an incredible physical specimen who flashed brilliance at times, Fotu is too inconsistent for next-level decision makers who say he never met expectations. League sources talk about a motor that runs hot and cold as well as the inability to shed blocks against lesser opponents. His physical skills and upside could help Fotu find his way into the third round, but many believe he could’ve been a top-20 pick if he played to expectations.” He played on 56% of the available defensive snaps in his 2 years as a starter. This was not injury related.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Epitome of "Looks like tarzan, plays like Jane" player.

All the physical tools. None of the drive, instincts, mental aspects required.

May well be out of the league within a couple of years.
I wouldn’t question his drive. He looks like he’s trying. He just sucks.

Reactions: PJ1

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Fotu isnt good. He also was a 4th round pick, and 90% of those guys dont become front line starters for good teams.

so you could write a "here is why this late round pick will fail" on every pick and you would nearly always be correct.

he is also a backup behind Rashard Lawrence, the other 4th round pick, who when healthy, seems like a serviceable player.

the better perspective is that a good GM will find a X number of NFL average starters out of the pool of 4th round and later (w / UDFAs) over 5 years.

to my knowledge: I think Keim has really only found 1 over the last 5 years: Jalen Thompson. Lawrence and and Marco Wilson are possibilities but cant to there just yet.

"Keim doesnt draft well enough" is an accepted premise here

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fotu isnt good. He also was a 4th round pick, and 90% of those guys dont become front line starters for good teams.

so you could write a "here is why this late round pick will fail" on every pick and you would nearly always be correct.

he is also a backup behind Rashard Lawrence, the other 4th round pick, who when healthy, seems like a serviceable player.

the better perspective is that a good GM will find a X number of NFL average starters out of the pool of 4th round and later (w / UDFAs) over 5 years.

to my knowledge: I think Keim has really only found 1 over the last 5 years: Jalen Thompson. Lawrence and and Marco Wilson are possibilities but cant to there just yet.

"Keim doesnt draft well enough" is an accepted premise here
I think the bigger issue is that he gets as many snaps as he does and does nothing with them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose