Fortnite

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a game that is in paid early access that will be free to play in 2018. I got the game as a birthday present and I haven't been able to put it down.

The best way that I can describe this game is Minecraft + 3rd person shooter/RPG + Zombie mode.

It uses a more cartoony Overwatch style of art vs a more realistic view.

The game is currently cross platform with PC and PS4, meaning that you can easily swap between the two. If you purchase the game on PC, you get a free copy for PS4 when you link your PSN account. The game is also available on Xbox but they systems aren't linked. If anyone is interested in getting a PC/PS4 copy, let me know and I can get you a discounted copy when I upgrade mine.

This game is keeping me away from Destiny 2 which is very surprising.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a clip of this that looked interesting but if it has minecraft elements, I lose interest real fast. Cant stand that game and even bought "7 days to die" looking for a cool zombie game and when it had the minecraft interface I turned it off right away.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a clip of this that looked interesting but if it has minecraft elements, I lose interest real fast. Cant stand that game and even bought "7 days to die" looking for a cool zombie game and when it had the minecraft interface I turned it off right away.

I understand and absolutely HATE Minecraft. This game is like minecraft in only that you have to farm materials and build forts to defend against the waves of zombies.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free to play next year? So there will be in-game purchase stuff, right?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
either way if its free to play, I will be trying it out. And then I will refuse to spend money on it so depending on how much the free version lets me do will be how much I play :)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F2P's are usually cool until you reach a certain level where the wallet warriors suck all of the fun out of it by dominating players who don't fork out the cash. I'm about at that point in the mobile Star Wars game, Galaxy of Heroes.

Gameplay for this looks great from the videos. I could totally get sucked in.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
either way if its free to play, I will be trying it out. And then I will refuse to spend money on it so depending on how much the free version lets me do will be how much I play :)

I usually refuse to spend money on microtransactions out of principle. I did so in Vegas while I was there because I would have just lost it at the craps table anyway. :D

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F2P's are usually cool until you reach a certain level where the wallet warriors suck all of the fun out of it by dominating players who don't fork out the cash. I'm about at that point in the mobile Star Wars game, Galaxy of Heroes.

Gameplay for this looks great from the videos. I could totally get sucked in.

It is. I have put in 100 hours in it in the past month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson