Former Cardinals on Keim

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How have they taken care of Keim? These are guys getting paid top money for doing their job. It's not like they are working overtime and weekends for free or doing 80 hour weeks to help launch a business.

When he's had to he's looked after players, especially rookies coming to the end of their deals. He did right by Badger (he's a **** for joining in this pile on), he paid DJ. He paid Hump. He paid Hopkins.

The guys complaining are older guys on 2nd or 3rd deals that didn't get what they wanted and spat their dummy out.

Remember, we asked Badger to take a modest pay cut because his performances were not up to scratch and we had Budda coming through. He wouldn't then took much less on a 1 year deal with the Texans in FA. P2 could only get $8m for 1 year in Minny. These guys are just bitter.

what does it matter how much money he makes? When guys say that the first thing I think is oh they must be broke. Guys who are doing well in life don’t point out what other people are making. But there millionaires so there not human right.

we are talking about Peterson

how’s he taken care of him? By being an all pro 8x, 3x all NFL and being voted to the all decade team.

how many ex players are coming out trashing Ozzie Newsome?

there is a way to do business and like it or not the Cardinals front office doesn’t have a good reputation

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’m not here to defend all aspects of the Keim tenure, but Peterson, especially in the last few years, has come off more like a spoiled child. We’ll see if Minn. is right that his skills have not deteriorated. My impression is he’s still good, but not great. He whines to the officials and tries to cover his shortcomings by carefully orchestrated pass interference. He often complained the Cards weren’t accommodating him, but how often did he accommodate them? He couldn’t decide if he wanted in or out despite his frequent “Cardinal for Life” assertions. I’ll be curious to see how PP plays in week 2 with maximum motivation. I’m expecting a potential record number of pass interference calls and a bunch of officials who’ve had enough of PP.
IMO, the problem is the lack of honesty. The "we want to bring you back" statement when the truth is you feel like it is time for them to go.

Players understand this is a business. They do get it, I promise you. They recognize the teams may not view them the same way they view themselves. Where it gets messy is when that is not communicated to players.

Look at Haason Reddick. Keim talked about how proud he was of his development. Keim talked about how they wanted him back at the right price. And then Reddick signs in Carolina for like 6 mil. That doesn't add up.

Same convo with Patrick Peterson.

Make the offer you are willing to make and stick to it. If there is not a number, you can tell guys that for the Cardinals, you feel like the time is done. Between the money and the fit, it is tough to see it working out and you wish them the best. That is all they want.

Keim is again trying to be the smartest guy in the room and playing both sides instead of just giving these veteran players the respect they deserve and just being honest with them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Keim sucks, Peterson has been washed up for years now

There, we all win
And the point being is that all Keim had to do was tell Peterson that a return wasn't an option or that his budget is 4 mil and he assumes Patrick wants more. Lots of ways to let Peterson go without claiming he wanted him back when he clearly didn't and shouldn't have.

Arians is great at it and players really like him for it.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
IMO, the problem is the lack of honesty. The "we want to bring you back" statement when the truth is you feel like it is time for them to go.

Players understand this is a business. They do get it, I promise you. They recognize the teams may not view them the same way they view themselves. Where it gets messy is when that is not communicated to players.

Look at Haason Reddick. Keim talked about how proud he was of his development. Keim talked about how they wanted him back at the right price. And then Reddick signs in Carolina for like 6 mil. That doesn't add up.

Same convo with Patrick Peterson.

Make the offer you are willing to make and stick to it. If there is not a number, you can tell guys that for the Cardinals, you feel like the time is done. Between the money and the fit, it is tough to see it working out and you wish them the best. That is all they want.

Keim is again trying to be the smartest guy in the room and playing both sides instead of just giving these veteran players the respect they deserve and just being honest with them.

That's pretty much every GM, on every team, in any sport. It's rare that a GM/Team just comes out and says, "Yeah, we don't want that starter back next year."

When it comes to Reddick and P2, do we know 100% that the Cards didn't even submit a cursory offer to their agents? I would think for Reddick, they absolutely had a number in mind and a plan B...For P2, it's quite possible that they knew they weren't going to ever bring him back, due to his baby antics before, during, and after his PED suspension.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's pretty much every GM, on every team, in any sport. It's rare that a GM/Team just comes out and says, "Yeah, we don't want that starter back next year."

When it comes to Reddick and P2, do we know 100% that the Cards didn't even submit a cursory offer to their agents? I would think for Reddick, they absolutely had a number in mind and a plan B...For P2, it's quite possible that they knew they weren't going to ever bring him back, due to his baby antics before, during, and after his PED suspension.

Exactly. A lot of the time players overvalued themselves with their current team. They feel like they are owed something for doing their job, like their last contract wasn't compensation for that.

Then they hit FA and find out they should have taken what was on offer.

Keim isn't good, but not because what these players are saying.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it’s hilarious this board is like 95% SK sucks and the second former players call him out it’s like well there just biter

I’ve done a 180 on SK. He’s just flat out not good at handling a team
Personally I think it’s both. I think keim is likely not a leader. And I think football players are often spoiled divas.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

No, but they tell the player's agent "here is what we are willing to pay" which is normally below the amount they want.

If you tell Reddick we want you back but can only pay 8 mil thinking he will get 11, and then tell him you can't swing it when the market is 6...that is just being a liar. That's not being professional.

If you don't want Peterson back, just tell him you think the run is over and that you are going a different direction. It's not so different than breaking up in a relationship.