For Those who Watched today's Game on TV

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did you catch that picture, visual comparison, of Herbert next to Murray? It was really sad to see what a real pro QB could/should physically look like.

That pretty much sums up our team compared to most others. We are 5'10" playing against 6'6", which is analogous to all aspects of the game.
I'm not gonna get all caught up in that. Yes, it was an eye opener, but our qb can play this game. I have not forgotten that he was an MVP candidate early on last year. You don't go from playing that well to unskilled dwarf overnight without serious deficiencies from the man tasked to get the most out of him.

That being said, Kyler is NOT without blame here. Let me be very clear. He has played awful at times and has to start looking in the mirror and trying to absolve himself of blame. Do most of us wish our qb was a 6-6 stud like Herbert or a Josh Allen? Hell yeah. But we are married to Kyler for quite some time, so it's high time we get a real coach in here who can get the most out of him, and this team. Lest we need a reminder John Skelton was 6'6, Matt Leinert was 6'5, Josh Rosen was 6'4.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The funny thing is one of the commentators said Herbert had one of the higher batted ball numbers of all QB's this year. I can't remember the exact number or ranking but he didn't say anything about Kyler. So I guess it isn't just a height thing for the batted balls.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Herbert is good, no doubt but I think people have been a bit quick to annoint him.

Averaging 6.5 YPA and still hasn't led his team to the playoffs.
I think he's hampered by a clown coach and injuries to his ribs and wideouts. Similar to KM's problems here...but I'd rather have Herbert than KM...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KM too often scrambled 1- 2 yards short of a first down. Cards lost too many one-on-one battles.

Unimaginative defensive play design? Flaws in coverage/tackling technique? Leaving SD receivers all alone. Not spying on Herbert? Recipe for losing.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA