For the Murray lovers...

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just curious. If Murray would have measured 5’9” would you still be all in? And more interesting if Murray did not enter the draft who would you want the cards to take with the first pick?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’m just curious. If Murray would have measured 5’9” would you still be all in? And more interesting if Murray did not enter the draft who would you want the cards to take with the first pick?

I think Murray was an electric QB and he could be a special QB as a pro, but 'that QB is special' thought is precarious given what we know about the QBs who succeed. Citing Russel Wilson as a grand equalizer is not very comforting because that is like using a 10 percent success rate to confirm your choice. I think Murray can throw out of the pocket but he plays small and looks small, and could care less what his measured height was given at the combine, sort of like a guy who has a fast forty time but plays the game slower... wait, my bad because I respect Murray but not a lover lol

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For me it's not about Murray it's about Rosen. I know Rosen doesn't have it. So on the plus side next year the cards should have their pick of Tua, Herbert or Fromm.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Murray was an electric QB and he could be a special QB as a pro, but 'that QB is special' thought is precarious given what we know about the QBs who succeed. Citing Russel Wilson as a grand equalizer is not very comforting because that is like using a 10 percent success rate to confirm your choice. I think Murray can throw out of the pocket but he plays small and looks small, and could care less what his measured height was given at the combine, sort of like a guy who has a fast forty time but plays the game slower... wait, my bad because I respect Murray but not a lover lol
Sometimes i think u would be a great politician

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
For me it's not about Murray it's about Rosen. I know Rosen doesn't have it. So on the plus side next year the cards should have their pick of Tua, Herbert or Fromm.

You know Rosen doesn't have it.

After one year with a horrible offensive line, receivers, and an offensive coordinator everyone knew should be fired after game three? Ran David Johnson up the gut all of the time and ran him on basic RB routes all of the time.

Me thinks you aren't looking at context.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keep Rosen for next two years. There will be some growing pains with the new offense this year, and should be fine tuned by year two. If he still struggles after two years even with new “improved” players at OL and WR you move on, hopefully for the Clemson kid.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw a picture of Murray standing next to tua & Haskins at the heisman ceremony, no way he's 5'10", idk how he measured that at the combine? I watched a 19 minute highlight clip of Murray against Alabama in the CFP this past season, he's able to get throws across the line of scrimmage by throwing the ball sidearmed at times, only had one ball batted down but many of his throws could've & should've been picked off. I think the cardinals should keep Rosen, draft bosa or just trade down with the raiders & get another 1st rd pick at the very least, maybe more? No way they should give up on Rosen after last yr because of his rookie performance. Imo, no rookie QB in the entire history of the NFL could've looked good with our off line last yr. If the cardinals (big if) draft & sign an awesome off line this offseason & rosen then stinks it up, yes of course they need to move in another direction at QB, maybe tua in 2020 or Trevor Lawrence in 2021? No way of knowing how good Rosen can be until our off line is giving him enough time to perform. We need too many other good players on both sides of the ball to be drafting another QB with the #1 pick.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Someone should tell Murray to run WR routes at his pro day. I want to see complete and utter chaos on this message board.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score

I wouldn't consider myself a "Murray Lover" but had he measured at 5'9, I would still want the team to either pick him or trade the pick.

If you don't have a good QB, you don't have a good team. We could pick the top defensive or offensive lineman in the draft and if Rosen doesn't take a drastic leap, we are looking at an 8-8 team at best. I've read some logic on this board that the team should pick Bosa and if Rosen is not the guy, we can pick a QB in a future draft. I think that is silly. If the team drafts Bosa #1, i see two scenarios:

1. middling record in 2019, 7-9 with a pick in the 10-20 range
2. another poopy year with a top 3 pick

I know Rosen was put in a terrible position last season and maybe he is the next Jared Goff and he just needs the system and receivers and line to be built up around him and then he will be a superstar. Or, maybe he is a guy who looks really good in practice but does not look that good in game action. Based on the games last season I am thinking he is the latter.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
New nickname for Murray...t-Rex. He has the shortest arms for any qb ever measured. Lol.
That would explain why his ball is so powerful. Better torque! :-D

I don't know if Josh will be good or bad..... But I do have a pretty good idea that he wont be a transcendent, game deciding force in this league. THAT type of stuff shows up on tape and in stats even when your line is crap and your WR's are dropping passes.

• He has a poor rating in clean pockets.
  • Has a poor rating under pressure.
  • Poor rating when blitzed.
  • Lowered his eyes as the season wore on as he was under pressure more.
  • Drills balls in to the ground.
  • And has a tendency to sail two to three passes a game.
I dont think he will ever be a top 10 QB in this league.

Will Murray? Who knows...... But I definitely think he has the talent to be much more that Rosen can be.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
New nickname for Murray...t-Rex. He has the shortest arms for any qb ever measured. Lol.

I think if you went through his family history, you would probably find some dwarf blood in there. His arms and legs both look very strange compared to his body.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
That would explain why his ball is so powerful. Better torque! :-D

I don't know if Josh will be good or bad..... But I do have a pretty good idea that he wont be a transcendent, game deciding force in this league. THAT type of stuff shows up on tape and in stats even when your line is crap and your WR's are dropping passes.

• He has a poor rating in clean pockets.
  • Has a poor rating under pressure.
  • Poor rating when blitzed.
  • Lowered his eyes as the season wore on as he was under pressure more.
  • Drills balls in to the ground.
  • And has a tendency to sail two to three passes a game.
I dont think he will ever be a top 10 QB in this league.

Will Murray? Who knows...... But I definitely think he has the talent to be much more that Rosen can be.

Yet the Murray mites hang on to the rather longshot belief that Murray will come in and be a game changing type player ? Based on what? You do know that Heisman winners have generally not performed well or up to expectations in the NFL.Short Qbs have not generally fared well in the NFl and yet the Murray mites think he will be a changing force in the league? PT Barnum is alive and well.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Yet the Murray mites hang on to the rather longshot belief that Murray will come in and be a game changing type player ? Based on what? You do know that Heisman winners have generally not performed well or up to expectations in the NFL.Short Qbs have not generally fared well in the NFl and yet the Murray mites think he will be a changing force in the league? PT Barnum is alive and well.
Based on what? Was that a joke? The dude had the highest college passer rating ever. And was almost 10 points better on his comp % than anything Rosen has ever produced in one season. On the same amount of passes!

AND..... He rushed for over a thousand yards on top of all that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk