For going for it on 4th Down - FIRE WILKS

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
unbelievably stupid. watch Rosen end up with an achilles injury

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was listening to Pasch & Wolf.. Pasch was insisting that you "have to" go for it in that situation, and was glad when the offense was trotted back out to get bludgeoned again. I couldn't believe my ears, what an idiot.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It’s not ******* Rosen dude wtf are you watching? Seriously he is the only reason to watch are you really complaining about him playing? Geesh

Well what exactly have we accomplished by playing him so far Nashman?

Do you really think it's helping him long term? I don't bro. I admit, I could be wrong.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well what exactly have we accomplished by playing him so far Nashman?

Do you really think it's helping him long term? I don't bro. I admit, I could be wrong.

Yes him playing accomplishes him getting real life game play. Him sitting on the bench while Bradford sucks accomplishes ZERO! This team barring tonight has been much more competitive with Rosen at the helm. With competent coaching he probably has a few wins. Rosen is not this teams problem and he without question should be the starter and play all season.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yes him playing accomplishes him getting real life game play. Him sitting on the bench while Bradford sucks accomplishes ZERO! This team barring tonight has been much more competitive with Rosen at the helm. With competent coaching he probably has a few wins. Rosen is not this teams problem and he without question should be the starter and play all season.

Nashman, I know Rosen is not the problem, I would agree with you about playing him if we had competent coaching, and a halfway decent offensive line.

But we don't, and I think (IMHO) that we're running the risk of damaging him long term man. Some kind of serious injury, or just crushing his confidence so low that it never recovers.

Look, I admit, I could be wrong about it. I'm no psychologist or anything like that.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You're being ridiculous. It was about situational decision...this PLAY SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN!

No, I'm not man. Rosen started tonights meaningless game "to learn and gain experience". They ran that play on 4th and 16 with Rosen, so he could "learn and gain experience".

At least that's what I think. Tell me I'm wrong if you want LIAC.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nashman, I know Rosen is not the problem, I would agree with you about playing him if we had competent coaching, and halfway decent offensive line.

But we don't, and I think (IMHO) that we're running the risk of damaging him long term man. Some kind of serious injury, or just crushing his confidence so low that it never recovers.

Look, I admit, I could be wrong about it. I'm no psychologist or anything like that.

I think Rosen is more mentally strong than that imo. And once more if he is that mentally weak I want us to learn that as well. This team needs to move on from this coaching staff the way they did Bradford! Admit your mistake and change it, a new OC can be had immediately and they need to choose one that is specifically to develop Rosen. McCoy was chosen before we knew we had a Rosen qbof, now that he looks like it we need to do everything to further his progress! But without question he should not have been in there down 35 on fourth and long taking unnecessary hits and now a possible injury due to idiotic coaching decision.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think Rosen is more mentally strong than that imo. And once more if he is that mentally weak I want us to learn that as well. This team needs to move on from this coaching staff the way they did Bradford! Admit your mistake and change it, a new OC can be had immediately and they need to choose one that is specifically to develop Rosen. McCoy was chosen before we knew we had a Rosen qbof, now that he looks like it we need to do everything to further his progress! But without question he should not have been in there down 35 on fourth and long taking unnecessary hits and now a possible injury due to idiotic coaching decision.

Well one thing we agree on is that the next OC needs to be someone who can develop a young QB.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait Dback Jon.

We're you one of the people shouting at the top of your lungs for Rosen to be put in after the first or second game?
There is a difference between playing him and leaving him in a 4th down. Sorry you can’t see that

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hated that they were going for it and I mean that 100% before he even got hurt.

What's the purpose going for it down 35 with 2 minutes on the clock?