Football Outsiders: Pre-Free Agency Cards Needs

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's funny listening to people who say Keim can't draft and has a bad history of extending draft picks who also want to let Kirk walk when he is arguably one of Keims better draft picks.

Also people that really wanted to sign Curtis Samuel in FA last year and argued they would rather have Samuel for $11m than Green for $6m now say $12m is too much for Kirk. When Kirk has better stats through 4 years than Samuel.

I guess people really don't like his big bobble head.
I don't think we can afford Kirk, not against keeping Kirk but if given the chance I believe Moore will make us forget about Kirk & yes, Steve Keim sucks green donkey ass at drafting players lol.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope Kirk Leaves and that makes Murray ask for a trade.

Both have been told their entire lives that they are the best players on the field, and its everyone else's fault they dont win anything meaningful. Two spoiled brats.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Hope we retain Kirk at a fair price but I’m not expecting it. Is there anyone expecting our roster to actually improve this year?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think we can afford Kirk, not against keeping Kirk but if given the chance I believe Moore will make us forget about Kirk & yes, Steve Keim sucks green donkey ass at drafting players lol.

I agree that we don't need to keep Kirk. We only need 1 slot and Moore is the guy. Dortch can be depth.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I understand your concerns but if & when they give him a chance I truly believe you'll see how good he can be. I'm biased towards him cause he played his high school football right here in Louisville. Louisville Trinity won 3 state titles with him playing, but they're the best football team in the state of Kentucky most every year. I've watched his whole career. His YAC is what sets him apart, he's proven it everywhere so far & he just needs the opportunity with the Cardinals. I wanted him to choose Kentucky but he chose Purdue instead, he became a 1st team all american his freshman year, the kid is explosive & has the talent.
I just looked at his college career and didn't realize he played in just 20 games over three years and just 7 his last two years. I assume the reason was injuries. Then I ask myself why did Keim draft a player who hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy in college and expect him to hold up in the NFL. He may have all the talent in the world but it means nothing if he can't stay on the field. He averaged 30 snaps per game in 2021 and I pretty sure some of those were special team snaps not offensive snaps so he probably average 28 snaps per game on offense. Kirk averaged 52 snaps per game so if Moore is expected to replace Kirk it means the team would be asking him to almost double his snaps per game. I'm not sure he will hold up to that number of snaps. WE also need to remember the way he was used in that quite a few of his plays were out toward the sidelines so he was able to avoid a fair number of hits by simply stepping out of bounds. If you expect him to replace Kirk and run similar routes, Moore is going to be exposed to a lot more hits.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just looked at his college career and didn't realize he played in just 20 games over three years and just 7 his last two years. I assume the reason was injuries. Then I ask myself why did Keim draft a player who hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy in college and expect him to hold up in the NFL. He may have all the talent in the world but it means nothing if he can't stay on the field. He averaged 30 snaps per game in 2021 and I pretty sure some of those were special team snaps not offensive snaps so he probably average 28 snaps per game on offense. Kirk averaged 52 snaps per game so if Moore is expected to replace Kirk it means the team would be asking him to almost double his snaps per game. I'm not sure he will hold up to that number of snaps. WE also need to remember the way he was used in that quite a few of his plays were out toward the sidelines so he was able to avoid a fair number of hits by simply stepping out of bounds. If you expect him to replace Kirk and run similar routes, Moore is going to be exposed to a lot more hits.
It does make sense but he's built like a tank & Kirk is rather small in stature & can't make people miss like Moore can. 2020 Moore was out for a period of time because of covid so that played a part in him missing some games.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will be shocked if Keim doesn't use a 1st or 2nd on OL. Too much money and age tied into that unit. He probably should draft 2.
Not sure about drafting two since we have a lot of other holes, but yea one of those first two picks NEEDs to be OL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not sure about drafting two since we have a lot of other holes, but yea one of those first two picks NEEDs to be OL.
I say this because I think the draft class lends some value to mid round OL. I think it does the same for TEs.

I could see Keim painting himself in a corner with a RB in round 2. He just has not demonstrated a ton of ability to build a roster with a long term view. I am sure some of that comes from Arians and his preference but we will see.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
More high quality resources at a non premium position (RB) would be really hard to swallow. Running back is the most dime a dozen position in football, and there are tons of examples of street guys on super bowl teams.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
More high quality resources at a non premium position (RB) would be really hard to swallow. Running back is the most dime a dozen position in football, and there are tons of examples of street guys on super bowl teams.

Well, we have Ward and Benjamin (Edmonds and Conner, still?). So, we should be good. :D

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If it were the second coming of Alvin Kamara I'd be OK with it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A rookie at LG and a guy coming off a back injury at RG?

R-G is the hole, not L-G.
Opinions vary, I'm not sold on Pugh, people can give me the pff grades on Pugh all they want (not saying you do) I just don't think he's strong or physical enough. Have you actually looked at Kenyon Green? He's a monster & a road grader as a blocker, there's a reason he's projected in the 1st round. Who says if he's our pick that he even has to play on the left side? I'm sure he could play on the right side. I get the rookie part but either side he would be playing next to Hudson which would teach him the assignments & checks. We need someone big & strong to give us more protection against Aaron Donald. Kenyon Green is hypothetical obviously cause we have no idea who our "genius" GM will pick lol. Kenyon Green is who I want us to draft. If Justin Murray comes back healthy he can play tackle or guard, nice to have him for depth at the very least. Josh Jones looked horrible at guard in 2021, he ain't beating out Beachum or Humphries at his tackle position so there should be a solid competition in camp at guard between Murray & Jones. Maybe Jones gets better? We need a solid line so Murray will quit laying down in the fetal position or taking hits, he's fragile. Even Humphries played like crap during our late season collapse.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Opinions vary, I'm not sold on Pugh, people can give me the pff grades on Pugh all they want (not saying you do) I just don't think he's strong or physical enough. Have you actually looked at Kenyon Green? He's a monster & a road grader as a blocker, there's a reason he's projected in the 1st round. Who says if he's our pick that he even has to play on the left side? I'm sure he could play on the right side. I get the rookie part but either side he would be playing next to Hudson which would teach him the assignments & checks. We need someone big & strong to give us more protection against Aaron Donald. Kenyon Green is hypothetical obviously cause we have no idea who our "genius" GM will pick lol. Kenyon Green is who I want us to draft. If Justin Murray comes back healthy he can play tackle or guard, nice to have him for depth at the very least. Josh Jones looked horrible at guard in 2021, he ain't beating out Beachum or Humphries at his tackle position so there should be a solid competition in camp at guard between Murray & Jones. Maybe Jones gets better? We need a solid line so Murray will quit laying down in the fetal position or taking hits, he's fragile. Even Humphries played like crap during our late season collapse.

I have no problem with Green at R-G.

And don't be surprised if Jones wins the RT job and Beachum is the swing tackle. Murray is just a guy, IMO.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have no problem with Green at R-G.

And don't be surprised if Jones wins the RT job and Beachum is the swing tackle. Murray is just a guy, IMO.
Jones looked decent in the Dallas game at RT when Humphries was out with covid & Beachum took his spot. Jones is a tackle for sure imo & he should improve otherwise it was another wasted pick by Keim? I highly doubt Kugler is teaching him bad technique, cause he's known in the NFL as one of the best OL coaches. How would Beachum take it losing his spot to a younger player when he's played so well & becoming a swing tackle? Justin Murray is quality depth imo. Remember how well he played in the 2019 opener at RT after being in Arizona only 3 days? It was against the Lions & the debut of KK & KM. He had a few bad games for sure, Steelers & the strong DL's in our division off the top of my head but I thought he held up well. I truly believe he would've won the RG spot in 2021 had he not gotten hurt. Hopefully he recovers cause we can use quality depth.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Jones looked decent in the Dallas game at RT when Humphries was out with covid & Beachum took his spot. Jones is a tackle for sure imo & he should improve otherwise it was another wasted pick by Keim? I highly doubt Kugler is teaching him bad technique, cause he's known in the NFL as one of the best OL coaches. How would Beachum take it losing his spot to a younger player when he's played so well & becoming a swing tackle? Justin Murray is quality depth imo. Remember how well he played in the 2019 opener at RT after being in Arizona only 3 days? It was against the Lions & the debut of KK & KM. He had a few bad games for sure, Steelers & the strong DL in our division but I thought he held up well. I truly believe he would've won the RG spot in 2021 had he not gotten hurt. Hopefully he recovers cause we can use quality depth.
I am happy with our OL except for lacking a guard. This is where I would throw out major cash above WR which would benefit this team the most... I can say this, a great guard is worth more to this offense than Kirk

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am happy with our OL except for lacking a guard. This is where I would throw out major cash above WR which would benefit this team the most... I can say this, a great guard is worth more to this offense than Kirk
Kenyon Green if he's available over an expensive FA. Get em & train em on a rookie contract. I'll be totally happy drafting that dude.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose