Food you hated.....before you tried them

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I can't be perfect all of the time. Sometimes I have to go back and make sure my perfection is absolute. :D
:thumbup:

If you could see how many times I edited the first line to 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' you'd laugh...kept thinking about it--"No, that's not right, either!!" Ugh.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that many French dishes are peasant throw away leftovers that have been tasted up with sauces and other tricks. Why anyone would eat anything that filters blood and makes bile is beyond me. It is a freaking organ. Yucko.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically all seafood.

Now I love it (most of it).

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind that many French dishes are peasant throw away leftovers that have been tasted up with sauces and other tricks. Why anyone would eat anything that filters blood and makes bile is beyond me. It is a freaking organ. Yucko.

Same with italian, chinese, and most other foods. The poor always make diamonds from lumps of coal. Some of my favorite foods are the bad cuts of meat that require the most care to make them delicious. Braising tough meats. Sauteing weird organs (though I cant do kidneys. Kidney are NASTY and taste like youd expect them to, based on their function. Blech.) I LOVE foie grois, I love sweetbreads. I like chicken livers be they in a pate or sauteed or turned into yummy dumpling like meatballs. And thats all new to me. three years ago I wouldnt have touched the stuff.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
look who's back from his well deserved vacation

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asparagus, thought it just looked disgusting. My girlfriend got me to try it and I love it.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
mmmmmm....asparagus....:)

I have a few jars of spicy pickled Asparagus at home and they are my favorite snack of all time.

Warning though, if you think regular Asparagus makes your pee stink wait till you've downed 20 pickled ones. :shock:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a few jars of spicy pickled Asparagus at home and they are my favorite snack of all time.

Warning though, if you think regular Asparagus makes your pee stink wait till you've downed 20 pickled ones. :shock:
If they're spicy--I'm not touching them!! :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Growing up we had canned asparagus. I grew to like them. Non-canned are much better though. Duh.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you eat the fresh ones, they make it blue besides a bit strong of odor. That is weird.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can get the non-spicy kind at any Costco.

I'm just a spicy food kind of guy.

Your a cook. You ever make your own pickles? Ive been really into it lately. made some pickled ramps the otehr day and they were tasty but I went a little nutso on the aromats.Pickles are good. I hated pickles until about 6 months ago.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Your a cook. You ever make your own pickles? Ive been really into it lately. made some pickled ramps the otehr day and they were tasty but I went a little nutso on the aromats.Pickles are good. I hated pickles until about 6 months ago.

The only thing I've ever pickled myself is Octopus. And it was awesome. I went a little overboard on the aromatics as well, but it was still tasty. The four jars I made only lasted one football sunday.

I've always wanted to make my own pickles, stuffed olives, etc. I need to just do it. I'm planting my garden this weekend now that the frost is over with here and I might just plant some cucumbers for the express purpose of making my own pickles.

Thanks for the idea. :thumbup:

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Froi Gras with blueberry marmelade.....awesome!

Calmari with lemons and garlic butter.....awesome!

Sushi.....awesome!

Hot chokolade Fondants with blue cheese.....awesome!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
As god is my witness, I will never eat foie gras again! just google foie gras goose ... horrible.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I still don't like blood sausage and tripe (which is like eating a piece of towel).