Floyd...Glad we didn't sign him

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Floyds been in the league 7 years this his 8th and had only one season with more than 40 catches with 45... I would have liked to sign him but come on. The guy is hardly a world beater. Hes a nice complimentary WR which I'm betting we already have. :bang:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Yea who needs Floyd, we have chauncey stuckey!

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It amazes me that someone has one good PRE-SEASON game and you have fans thinking that we missed out on Jerry Rice.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Did I miss something? I saw Floyd drop a couple of passess (One in particular that was a PERFECT pass from Rivers and Rivers was pretty irritated about) and I thought; 'glad we didn't waste a bunch of money on Bryant Johnson part 2.'

I mean he did catch a fade in the corner for a TD where Jefferson let him walk, very slowly, uncovered to the corner. Is that the play that made him "Look like a 1?" Dude didn't elevate or anything he was literally jogging to the corner of the end zone and Rivers placed it gently in his hands.

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
^^^ Not like he had to get open or anything?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
^^^ Not like he had to get open or anything?

Watch the replay and tell me he made an amazing move to get open. That TD was because Jefferson played TERRIBLE defense, plain and simple. Any WR in the NFL could have made that play. Yes he ran to the corner uncovered and yes he caught it, so tell me why that makes him better than Andre Roberts?

You see what you wanna see in order to bash the Cardinals I guess. You've made two smartass comments in this thread and have added nothing to the discussion. Do you have a point to make or are you just here to wise off like a child?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
News flash gents, he was playing against one of if not the worst secondary in the league, who also has a new cordinator. If you wanna crown his ass then go ahead, but Floyd is who we thought he was. That's why we took the damn field!!!!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Wow someone needs their midal.

This thread is about adding Floyd to the mix. Not weather or not Roberts sucks...

Floyd, 6'5" rangy WR, that can run block, and is a huge target in the enzone. He would be a good fit next to Fitz. Even if he was "lucky" to catch a TD.

I think we can do OK with what we have. But to say he wouldnt of made us better is dumb.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
News flash gents, he was playing against one of if not the worst secondary in the league, who also has a new cordinator. If you wanna crown his ass then go ahead, but Floyd is who we thought he was. That's why we took the damn field!!!!

More important. He is part of the no. 1 offence in the league last season.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The guy we missed out on was Lee Evans.

Yes it would have been cool to get him. That was a nice TD he had last week.

As for fans making Floyd the next Jerry Rice I don't even know who Floyd is.:p

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We have a very solid group of WRs, the best in the NFC West, and pretty good by league standards.

Especially since we run 4 deep at TE.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Ahahaha, The Denny meltdown reference just never gets old!

Wait.. Yeah it does actually.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a very solid group of WRs, the best in the NFC West, and pretty good by league standards.

Especially since we run 4 deep at TE.

not sure i totally agree with this. I think we're pretty average by league standards. I mean, if you took out Fitz, we'd probably be looked at the worst in the league period. that being said, you can't take out Fitz and he is a beast amongst beasts, but what's behind him has proven next to nothing.

We have Fitz, a bona-fide superstar and a bunch of unproven guys below him and a solid but aging TE and some unproven guys below him.

Seattle's got a pro-bowler in Sydney Rice a solid number proven #2 in Mike Williams and a bona-fide stud at TE in Zach Miller and a bunch of unproven guys below them.

And the San Fran's got Braylon (a solid WR), Crabtree (ok number 2 with solid potential) and one of the top TEs in the game with Vernon Davis and a bunch of unproven guys below them.

Problem with the above teams is neither has a QB, but I'm not sure you can say anything other about our WR core than Fitz is a monster, Heap can be solid and we've got a lot of question marks behind them.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure i totally agree with this. I think we're pretty average by league standards. I mean, if you took out Fitz, we'd probably be looked at the worst in the league period. that being said, you can't take out Fitz and he is a beast amongst beasts, but what's behind him has proven next to nothing.

We have Fitz, a bona-fide superstar and a bunch of unproven guys below him and a solid but aging TE and some unproven guys below him.

Seattle's got a pro-bowler in Sydney Rice a solid number proven #2 in Mike Williams and a bona-fide stud at TE in Zach Miller and a bunch of unproven guys below them.

And the San Fran's got Braylon (a solid WR), Crabtree (ok number 2 with solid potential) and one of the top TEs in the game with Vernon Davis and a bunch of unproven guys below them.

Problem with the above teams is neither has a QB, but I'm not sure you can say anything other about our WR core than Fitz is a monster, Heap can be solid and we've got a lot of question marks behind them.

Are you trying to say that Seattles WR corps is better than ours? I cant really tell?

Sidney Rice was a one year wonder who played with a QB who had one of the best seasons in league history. Gonna make any WR look better than they are. He has been battling injuries ever since.

Mike Williams has had one good year and even that wasn't anything spectacular by any means.

Then you add in their PB tight end but say ours is just "aging" lol.... Heap looked fine last year and doesnt look to have lost a step while on the field this year?

I would say Fitz, Roberts, Heap > Rice, Williams, Miller.... JMO

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose