Flopping off into the sunset...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We now live in a world where the San Antonio Spurs do NOT have Tim Duncan, Tony Parker or Manu Ginobili.

Weird.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
We now live in a world where the San Antonio Spurs do NOT have Tim Duncan, Tony Parker or Manu Ginobili.

Weird.

Or Kawhi Leonard, for that matter.

I will be very surprised if they end up anywhere near the tip top tier of the league they have occupied for the last 20 years any time again in the near future. If they do, then Popovich really is a master wizard.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always wanted to make some jersey type t-shirts that said

"GIFLOPLI"

on the back.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe Ginobili is finally retiring. I have to respect his career although he was a pain in the Suns side when they were relevant.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Nash Bloody Nose game was showing on NBA TV last week, I forgot Manu had hair.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always feared Manu the most in those playoff battles.

I feared Bowen and Horry the most... because of their dirty play, but after them, yeah... Manu. That guy had ice water in his veins.

Never was that worried about Parker. I've always thought he was an above average starter who got to come along for the ride.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feared Bowen and Horry the most... because of their dirty play, but after them, yeah... Manu. That guy had ice water in his veins.

Never was that worried about Parker. I've always thought he was an above average starter who got to come along for the ride.

I always hated Parker more. He was just so consistent against us. We'd try to put Marion on him to slow him down but it never seemed to work. There were times when Parker would just shred us up.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always hated Parker more. He was just so consistent against us. We'd try to put Marion on him to slow him down but it never seemed to work. There were times when Parker would just shred us up.
Parker was really good early, but became an average player fairly quickly. He lost a step before he was 30.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or Kawhi Leonard, for that matter.

I will be very surprised if they end up anywhere near the tip top tier of the league they have occupied for the last 20 years any time again in the near future. If they do, then Popovich really is a master wizard.

They won 47 games last year without Kawhi now your adding Derozan to the team I fully expect a 50 win season

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren's stat's have gotten better each season. If he does not reach a plateau, he can be an excellent player in his own right. Using a player with similar stats as Derozan is interesting. Warren may be more versatile, not saying better, as he can play both forward positions.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW. Derozan and TJ Warren are virtually the same player.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...rren&y4=2018&player_id4=warretj01&idx=players

And they are both bad defenders.

No. Derozan is a guy who is the focus of a good offense, who averages 3.5 more points, is a playmaker, averaging 4 more assists, gets to the FT line double the amount and actually leads his team to 60 wins.

Warren is a guy who scores on a terrible team, doesn't create for anyone else and averages 1 more rebound per game for a team that was the worst in the league.

I mean, that comparison is just atrocious JC.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warren's stat's have gotten better each season. If he does not reach a plateau, he can be an excellent player in his own right. Using a player with similar stats as Derozan is interesting. Warren may be more versatile, not saying better, as he can play both forward positions.

he can't be more versatile if he can't create for anyone else or play defense at either position, which is why Derozan is a terrible comparison. Derozan at least flashed early playmaking skills and is just a much better athlete who can attack the rim, draw fouls and create for others. Warren doesn't do much of any of that.

And y'all are completely ignoring the fact that Derozan came in as a High Schooler, whereas Warren went to college so Derozan was still in a developmental stage while Warren was a more finished product at year 4.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How is Warren more versatile than DeRozan? Playing both forward positions isn’t exclusive to Warren, and not DeRozan, after all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson