Flight Plan 2022

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
based on Gambo on draft day it was Cam Juergens, C Nebraska over McBride.

based on Flight Plan, they were torn but McBride was in the lead.

what i found interesting / maybe contrived / a bit odd:

they have had months to prepare -- and had McBride ranked high -- and Keim is doing the "how tall is he? what was his 40?" thing as the pick approached.

another observation: couple shots of Keim informing Mike B who they were taking, describing the player.

Feel like the org reads this board and reacts to things -- "Mike meddles....".
and, of course, his patented "was he a captain?"

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Weird that they'd be performing for the TV show that's being filmed in front of them.
its really one guy -- Keim -- who is transparently trying to create content for the camera.

Everyone else seems to be just going about their business. They need a director in there to tell him to dial it back about 40%.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I found this odd as hell, too. How do you not know these things off the top of your head? Sounds like Keim barely did research on the guy? Shocking? Giving his draft history? Definitely not.
the answer is that he absolutely knew those things off the top of his head, and so did everyone else in the room.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seemed like it was Jurgens and then the more they talked about McBride then he became who they were hoping for.

I'm pretty sure it's not Jurgens. The way I heard the conversation they were worried about McBride getting past Philly because they saw him as a Philly player. I seem to recall they mention Ertz and Goedert. Then Philli select Jurgens.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's not Jurgens. The way I heard the conversation they were worried about McBride getting past Philly because they saw him as a Philly player. I seem to recall they mention Ertz and Goedert. Then Phillips select Jurgens.
Drake Jackson?

Either way it seemed like thought McBride would be a luxury (a great one) while the other was a more important need to start the top of day 2. Then got more excited as the pick got closer to be McBride.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drake Jackson?

Either way it seemed like thought McBride would be a luxury (a great one) while the other was a more important need to start the top of day 2. Then got more excited as the pick got closer to be McBride.
They passed on Drake.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Love the show. Even if the Cards were coming off an 0-17 season, this show gets me hyped for football.
I loved the Sanders clip with his daughter, even though I’d seen it.
Loved how Lecitus Smith called everyone “Coach” including Bidwill.
Why does Keim talk just above a whisper when he’s calling these draft picks? Is he trying to be a bad ass like Clint Eastwood or Jack Bauer?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing seemed apparent from watching Flight Plan and that was that for the lower round picks it looked like Keim was leaning more on the scouts opinions than the board or his own opinion.

If there was a guy that a scout was banging the table for such as Luketa or Matthew then he went that way. I don't believe that Keim had ever watched a second of a Valdosta CB before the draft.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They passed on Drake.
I am glad they did. Started watching that guy years ago as ASU heavily recruited him out of high school and was his top two choices. I was very sad that his family "forced" (according to the media) him to choose USC over the Devils but less and less impressed with him over time.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am glad they did. Started watching that guy years ago as ASU heavily recruited him out of high school and was his top two choices. I was very sad that his family "forced" (according to the media) him to choose USC over the Devils but less and less impressed with him over time.
He's a JAG. He had tons of opportunities to show that he is a top guy and he never could deliver.

I like Myjai Sanders more than him. Sanders is tougher.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The latest Flight Plan us out. Mostley about the RB room.

One thing I took away is that it wouldn't surprise me if Darrel Williams didn't make the 53.

Haven't heard much about him in camp. Eno seems to be on the rise. They really like Ward, and Ingram seems to have had a good camp. Ward and Eno got a bunch of time in this Ep. Williams got 20 seconds at the end.

Williams seems the odd man out.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The latest Flight Plan us out. Mostley about the RB room.

One thing I took away is that it wouldn't surprise me if Darrel Williams didn't make the 53.

Haven't heard much about him in camp. Eno seems to be on the rise. They really like Ward, and Ingram seems to have had a good camp. Ward and Eno got a bunch of time in this Ep. Williams got 20 seconds at the end.

Williams seems the odd man out.
It could be. Rodgers seems to have a huge say & he definitely loves Ward on ST. I personally like Williams, but don’t forget that he’s a Saxon guy. With Saxon on administrative leave, Williams doesn’t have a voice on his side right now.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It could be. Rodgers seems to have a huge say & he definitely loves Ward on ST. I personally like Williams, but don’t forget that he’s a Saxon guy. With Saxon on administrative leave, Williams doesn’t have a voice on his side right now.

For me Conner, Eno and Ward are locks and the last spot is Williams vs Ingram.

The wildcard here he pass pro. Williams is good at pass pro. Eno isn't. Ward doesn't have much experience. They could keep Williams around just for his pass pro. But then, he doesn't really play ST's. Only 19% last year and 6% the year before.

If it was me I'd take the 4 years of potential over a 1 year rental.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The wildcard here he pass pro. Williams is good at pass pro. Eno isn't. Ward doesn't have much experience. They could keep Williams around just for his pass pro. But then, he doesn't really play ST's. Only 19% last year and 6% the year before.

I disagree. If Conner gets hurt, and he always does, we need a similar body type & style. Imo, it would be a huge mistake to cut either Ingram or Williams instead of Ward. Ingram & Williams bring the power element to fill in for Conner. Ingram has a huge upside running & catching a football, and Ward is strictly ST. Our offense struggled without Conners there to get the tough yards. And Conners style will absolutely leave us without him for 2-4 games. It just will. Now, the Cardinals may keep Ward strictly for ST’s, but I would be very disappointed if it’s at the expense of costing a possible future star RB like Ingram or a very productive power runner like Williams.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The Cardinals can also save money with Ingram, and he has more "potential" right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose