Flight Plan 2022

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's no mention of flight plan yet. There were some interesting bits.

On Kyler Mike B says they have always been in contact all along and it's been outside noise. No mention of contract talks, only discussions about how the team and he can get better.

On Free Agency, Mike says most big free agent deals are unsuccessful and that their best deals have come post draft. Says trust the process but seemed to suggest that he expects more business to come after the draft.

Zach Ertz and his wife are staying with Justin Pugh. It seems all last season and currently. I guess will get his own place now he has a long term deal.

There was a nice section on Maxx Williams. You can see they have really happy to have him back. Really interested to see Maxx and Ertz out there together.

Everyone loves James Conner.

Buddy Morris is really, really short.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Great! Trust the process, it's worked so well for us before lol Remember the "we've got to keep our powder dry" days? Waiting for the top-end talent to be gone and going through the dregs to find hidden diamonds is brilliant business for good teams with just a few depth holes to plug or looking for a low-end starter. We are so far behind those teams that the idea that post-draft signings and high picks will solve enough of our problems to get us anywhere is nuts.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Contracts adjusted: DHop, Kennard, Pugh

Cuts: Hicks, Phillips (post June 1)

Re-sign: Ertz, Williams, Conner, McCoy, Gardeck, Dogbe, Lee, Brewer, Turner, A.J. Green

Sign: CB: Gladney, ILB: Vigil, G: Hernandez, TE: Anderson

Offence:
LT: Humphries (28) LG: Pugh (31) C: Hudson (32) RG: Murray (28) / Hernandez (26), RT: Beachum (32) / Jones (24)
QB: Murray (24), McCoy (35)
RB: Conner (26), Benjamin (22), Ward (24) (?)
WR: Hopkins (29), Moore (21), Green (33), Wesley (24), Isabella (25), Dortch (23), (?)
TE: Ertz (31), Williams (27), Anderson (29)
Defence:
Watt (33), Lawrence (23), Allen (24), Fotu (23), Dogbe (25), (?)
Golden (31), Kennard (30), Gardeck (27), Dimukeje (22), (?)
Simmons (23), Collins (22), Vigil (28), Vallejo (27), Walker (29), Turner (25)
Murphy (24), Wilson (23), Gladney (25), (?)
Baker (26), J. Thompson (23), S. Thompson (25), Wiggins (24)

* (?) - all can be adequately answered in a combination of draft picks and after draft signings. There is still a fair amount of quality still available in the Free Agent market if one bothers to look.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Contracts adjusted: DHop, Kennard, Pugh

Cuts: Hicks, Phillips (post June 1)

Re-sign: Ertz, Williams, Conner, McCoy, Gardeck, Dogbe, Lee, Brewer, Turner, A.J. Green

Sign: CB: Gladney, ILB: Vigil, G: Hernandez, TE: Anderson

Offence:
LT: Humphries (28) LG: Pugh (31) C: Hudson (32) RG: Murray (28) / Hernandez (26), RT: Beachum (32) / Jones (24)
QB: Murray (24), McCoy (35)
RB: Conner (26), Benjamin (22), Ward (24) (?)
WR: Hopkins (29), Moore (21), Green (33), Wesley (24), Isabella (25), Dortch (23), (?)
TE: Ertz (31), Williams (27), Anderson (29)
Defence:
Watt (33), Lawrence (23), Allen (24), Fotu (23), Dogbe (25), (?)
Golden (31), Kennard (30), Gardeck (27), Dimukeje (22), (?)
Simmons (23), Collins (22), Vigil (28), Vallejo (27), Walker (29), Turner (25)
Murphy (24), Wilson (23), Gladney (25), (?)
Baker (26), J. Thompson (23), S. Thompson (25), Wiggins (24)

* (?) - all can be adequately answered in a combination of draft picks and after draft signings. There is still a fair amount of quality still available in the Free Agent market if one bothers to look.
Most of the band are coming back from an 11 win team that had significant injuries down the stretch, and was pretty much undefeated when healthy.

This team can still be pretty good.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Great! Trust the process, it's worked so well for us before lol Remember the "we've got to keep our powder dry" days? Waiting for the top-end talent to be gone and going through the dregs to find hidden diamonds is brilliant business for good teams with just a few depth holes to plug or looking for a low-end starter. We are so far behind those teams that the idea that post-draft signings and high picks will solve enough of our problems to get us anywhere is nuts.
I know it's fun to say the sky is falling, but if you look at the market across the NFL, this might just be the new normal (at least it was this year). The salary cap is likely to explode in the next couple years; teams want to maximize that flexibility going out, and it seems like there are like eight teams in the NFL who are competing for a Super Bowl and everyone else is tanking.

That makes it frustrating that it doesn't feel like we want to make the push toward being one the handful of teams in the NFC who really want to try and win. Right now I think we're kind of hoping we win and feeling blocked by San Francisco and LA.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I know it's fun to say the sky is falling, but if you look at the market across the NFL, this might just be the new normal (at least it was this year). The salary cap is likely to explode in the next couple years; teams want to maximize that flexibility going out, and it seems like there are like eight teams in the NFL who are competing for a Super Bowl and everyone else is tanking.

That makes it frustrating that it doesn't feel like we want to make the push toward being one the handful of teams in the NFC who really want to try and win. Right now I think we're kind of hoping we win and feeling blocked by San Francisco and LA.
This is a pretty good take. It doesn't make a Cards fan happy in the least, nor should it, but I think you're spot on.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
just started watching this, always look forward to these every offseason.

30 seconds in, kyler is jacked!

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most of the band are coming back from an 11 win team that had significant injuries down the stretch, and was pretty much undefeated when healthy.

This team can still be pretty good.
I think, in theory, that's the line of BS the front office is trying to sell the fans.
But I still fail to see how we replace the departure of guys like Chandler Jones and Kirk. Are they trying to sell Gardeck and Dogbe as the replacement for that production?
And I'm not saying Kirk was a world beater but who is replacing him at this point? Rondale Moore was already playing last year. Are they trying to say he is the replacement? There should have been another vet WR added, other than AJ Green. Green did not have the passion or the motivation to be an impact player. He was just going thru the motions, as evidenced by his play at the end of the GB game

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I always like those videos even if they are all fluff. Helps pass the offseason and gives just a peek behind the scenes.

Mike Bidwill just seems like too loyal of a guy to me, not stupid or incompetent but he is genuinely friends with Keim and that is effecting the entire organization. Keim needs to be held accountable but inexplicably he gets an undeserved extension and his relationship with Bidwill is the only possible explanation.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always like those videos even if they are all fluff. Helps pass the offseason and gives just a peek behind the scenes.

Mike Bidwill just seems like too loyal of a guy to me, not stupid or incompetent but he is genuinely friends with Keim and that is effecting the entire organization. Keim needs to be held accountable but inexplicably he gets an undeserved extension and his relationship with Bidwill is the only possible explanation.
Which translate in being extremely incompetent

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
man, I usually love the Flight Plan but that one just made me nauseous.

The fact that Mike Bidwill sees sitting with players as they sign the contract a strength as an owner is so weak. The owner should be completely distant from the players when it comes to that. To me, this shows the owner will not hold anybody accountable for anything. Maybe there is something to this culture stuff. If you’re buddies with your employees, how do you expect them to respect you and fear consequences.

This episode really made me depressed about being a Cardinals fan. obviously, Mike B has no intention of ever selling this team. He would never do that because of the history of it and his family.

sorry to be such a downer, just giving my reaction to watching it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think, in theory, that's the line of BS the front office is trying to sell the fans.
But I still fail to see how we replace the departure of guys like Chandler Jones and Kirk. Are they trying to sell Gardeck and Dogbe as the replacement for that production?
And I'm not saying Kirk was a world beater but who is replacing him at this point? Rondale Moore was already playing last year. Are they trying to say he is the replacement? There should have been another vet WR added, other than AJ Green. Green did not have the passion or the motivation to be an impact player. He was just going thru the motions, as evidenced by his play at the end of the GB game
I totally agree on the defensive side of the ball and losing Chandler but if I had a choice between Moore and Kirk, I would take Moore all day long and twice on Sundays... Kirk is a fringe number 2 and if the Cards would allow Moore (and they have no choice now but to) to run a normal WR status quo it will be proven for itself

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I totally agree on the defensive side of the ball and losing Chandler but if I had a choice between Moore and Kirk, I would take Moore all day long and twice on Sundays... Kirk is a fringe number 2 and if the Cards would allow Moore (and they have no choice now but to) to run a normal WR status quo it will be proven for itself
I wish I could agree with you. It’s 5’10” throwing to 5’7” vs. 5’11”. Physics matters. I just don’t see it. And neither will Kyler.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

KIRKS production is replaced by a healthy DHop and ERTZ for full seasons and integrating Moore into the mix. And if Green was simply going through the motions, etc. they wouldn't have re-signed him. Last year's shell of Chandler has to be replaced, no doubt; how is the question?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Episode 2 is up on YouTube. It's the usual draft circle jerk but you can see 10 or so players they interviewed. Not one of which I recognised.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose