Fleetwood Mac Fires Lindsey Buckingham

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Wow....

--------------------------------------------

Fleetwood Mac has fired Lindsey Buckingham after a disagreement over the band's upcoming tour, Rolling Stone has confirmed. The band announced Monday that Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Neil Finn of Crowded House will replace him.

News of Buckingham's departure initially broke when former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Billy Burnette shared an April 4th tweet that has since been deleted, saying: "Breaking news: Lindsey Buckingham is out but I'm not in." Rolling Stone has confirmed Buckingham's departure, though no specific tour dates have been announced

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/fleetwood-mac-fires-lindsey-buckingham-w518925

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow....

--------------------------------------------

Fleetwood Mac has fired Lindsey Buckingham after a disagreement over the band's upcoming tour, Rolling Stone has confirmed. The band announced Monday that Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Neil Finn of Crowded House will replace him.

News of Buckingham's departure initially broke when former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Billy Burnette shared an April 4th tweet that has since been deleted, saying: "Breaking news: Lindsey Buckingham is out but I'm not in." Rolling Stone has confirmed Buckingham's departure, though no specific tour dates have been announced

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/fleetwood-mac-fires-lindsey-buckingham-w518925

Not a guy that you replace easily. Lindsey is one of the best musicians around.

OP
OP
Rivercard

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Not a guy that you replace easily. Lindsey is one of the best musicians around.

No kidding. It's not even Fleetwood Mac without him. I wouldn't be going to a FM concert to enjoy Mick Fleetwood's drumming prowess, just sayin'........

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding. It's not even Fleetwood Mac without him. I wouldn't be going to a FM concert to enjoy Mick Fleetwood's drumming prowess, just sayin'........

Maybe they'll focus this tour on all of the hits that showcase Mick's singing. o_O

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect the firing was Stevie prompted. For me, though, they stopped being Fleetwood Mac when Buckingham left the first time and then won me back with The Dance. And now, again, they've lost me.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
That's a tragedy. I admit I haven't heard anything from him lately. I'm sad to hear that.
I mean he can still sing , somewhat, but they play in a lower key because he struggles singing his own songs. But it happens to the best of us right?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tom Waits lol. I bet that guys voice was old and raspy coming out the womb?

I remember the gist of it but had to go to Wikipedia to get the exact quote from music critic Daniel Durcholz about Tom Waits voice "sounding as though it was soaked in a vat of bourbon, left hanging in the smokehouse for a few months, and then taken outside and run over with a car".

But let's face it, those of us that love Waits are there for something more than the gin soaked voice. My favorite Waits song is "Yesterday is Here" but my favorite lyric just has to be from Frank's Wild Years. It still cracks me up: Drove home, doused everything in the house. Torched it. Parked across the street laughing. Watching it burn. All Halloween orange and chimney red. Then Frank put on a top forty station. Got on the Hollywood Freeway and headed North. Never could stand that dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave