Fitz extension to 2018

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's speculation that that money would be better spent though.
Absolutely. Everything about the future is speculative. Fitz’s arm could spontaneously fall off in the offseason and his extension could be a total albatross.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In theory, yes. But it never seems to be the case. How many times did we sit and wonder how Dan Snyder was fitting all those contracts under the cap and they never, at least as far as I can remember, were ever hamstrung in acquiring player.

It's not like the hard cap in hockey where the Blackhawks seeming year after year have to jettison good players to stay under the cap.
They lost orakpo bc they couldn’t pay him the money he wanted.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love Fitz and was thrilled to hear he signed for next year for a couple of reasons.

1) I love Fitz
2) He still makes amazing and entertaining plays
3) It probably means that he has faith in the organization which means the Cards could reverse the suckage of the past two years.
4) Probably means Carson is back next year and I really respect and like Carson.
5) I really don't want to accept that Fitz will have to retire as some point.

11 mil for Fitz is far from CAP crippling.
Keim has to add a stud DT and improve the Oline and this team will contend.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Love Fitz and was thrilled to hear he signed for next year for a couple of reasons.

1) I love Fitz
2) He still makes amazing and entertaining plays
3) It probably means that he has faith in the organization which means the Cards could reverse the suckage of the past two years.
4) Probably means Carson is back next year and I really respect and like Carson.
5) I really don't want to accept that Fitz will have to retire as some point.

11 mil for Fitz is far from CAP crippling.
Keim has to add a stud DT and improve the Oline and this team will contend.

And secondary help, and LB help, and other DL help, and several WRs, and...yeah, it's not that simple.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So Fitz has caught a TD from 14 different QB's. What's the record?

Fitz record was 13 different QB on the same team and overall. Now he pushed it to 14.

The next is so far behind and the next active one even further.

Fitz has all the chances to push it to 15 or 16 if Matt Barkley has to see the field and or the QBoF gets drafted next year.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Fitz record was 13 different QB on the same team and overall. Now he pushed it to 14.

The next is so far behind and the next active one even further.

Fitz has all the chances to push it to 15 or 16 if Matt Barkley has to see the field and or the QBoF gets drafted next year.

Actually, just read a report that the number is now 17 thanks to Gabbert!

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Actually, just read a report that the number is now 17 thanks to Gabbert!

I wonder if Fitz could name them all. Might end up like that interview with Cromartie a few years back on Hard Knocks when he was trying to name all of his kids.

Actually being the football savant that Fitz is it wouldn't surprise me if he could do it without any hesitation, in order, AND tell you exactly how many he caught from each guy.

Reaction score
I wonder if Fitz could name them all. Might end up like that interview with Cromartie a few years back on Hard Knocks when he was trying to name all of his kids.

Actually being the football savant that Fitz is it wouldn't surprise me if he could do it without any hesitation, in order, AND tell you exactly how many he caught from each guy.

He said in an interview recently that he remembers every catch he's made in the NFL. That he has a photographic memory.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
1) Even for the amount suggested, for the Cardinals having Larry back can only be a good thing (look at his current play on the field and tell me the problem with the salary he commands, the still plays like a Pro Bowler) 2) You cannot rebuild a whole roster in one year to compete the future, rush the process and be the impatient Browns 3) The NFL is mediocre enough now, which means you do not even have to be solid in all areas to compete for a title 4) In no way does it hamper our ability to find our QB of the future and if anything helps the young guy

londonpete

Rookie
Reaction score
Interesting Fitz has a photographic memory.

Memorising the playbook must take no time at all , leaving him more time to concentrate on the physical side of his game.

Clearly JJ has a memory like a sieve..

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Interesting Fitz has a photographic memory.

Memorising the playbook must take no time at all , leaving him more time to concentrate on the physical side of his game.

Clearly JJ has a memory like a sieve..

Hardly, he remembers every drop and puts them in a chest after the game along with ifs, ands, buts and candy and nuts... he takes this $#!+ seriously :)