First Round Mock Draft (Because they are fun)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
My wild ass guess is the Pats trade up with the Lions for the #3 pick & choose a QB.
Belichick just does not work that way for giving so much to get that position. He's a pick miser, quantity greedy for picks. I do not see him trading more for less regardless of the quality of the pick and he would be putting his pride on the docket trading up for a QB after letting Brady become a Buccaneer while also going against his penchant for planning far ahead which would then be too sudden of a knee jerk move to compensate for what he has been expecting. He's more likely to sit put and take some 'diamond in the rough' to prove his worth... saying then I told you so lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If Keim passes on Simmons & he’s available then he needs to be fired immediately by Michael on his live cam so we can all see! :bang:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I was just thinking about that, and imagining the draft thread:

the tension as teams ahead of the Cards pick keep passing on Simmons...….

the joy as Simmons is there at #8...….

and then the WTF moment when a trade is announced.
It would be exactly like picking Levi Clown over AD :bang:

I swear I will break my TV this time.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Keim passes on Simmons & he’s available then he needs to be fired immediately by Michael on his live cam so we can all see! :bang:
I think so too. But part of me can’t wait to revisit this theory in 5 years.
Wonder how right or wrong we will be

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many are thinking the Patriots are getting a Qb. I predict Stidham will be their QB this year and they make the playoffs.

The Pats are the most organized organization in all of sports. The way things are going they are already ahead of the curve. They will be more prepared with less ota’s, training camp and pre-season.

There may be other issues like losing home games because of virus hotspots. The Pats system has been in place forever. Don’t think for one minute that division is going to sweep them under the rug.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pats are the team to beat in that division until proven otherwise.

I think the QB that the Pats pick in the draft is Fromm. Not sure if he starts or not.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any mock drafts with trades built into them cannot and should not be taken seriously.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any mock drafts with trades built into them cannot and should not be taken seriously.
Why not? A mock draft without trades certainly isn't likely to mirror how the real draft will play out. Has there ever been a draft, or even a first round, without trades? If so, it's probably been many decades. So what's the point of a mock draft without trades?!

I guess i don't know what you mean by taking a mock draft seriously. They're all just educated guesses / predictions / thought experiments / entertainment. Mocking realistic / likely trades seems like the best way to generate a realistic mock.

:shrug:

...dave

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Moves will be made...these are spots I have gathered where teams may be looking. Also, teams are going to be more comfortable with the top prospects vs the bottom prospects due to the adjusted pre-draft process. Look for several teams to move up or accumulate 2021 picks due to this.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For those who hate the Derrick Brown pick...NFL coaches and teams value players who require multiple players from the other team to account for them. Because Derrick Brown most likely requires two players to account for him, he will be valued higher than people on this board will likely value him. I could be wrong, but I am confident in the info I have.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who hate the Derrick Brown pick...NFL coaches and teams value players who require multiple players from the other team to account for them. Because Derrick Brown most likely requires two players to account for him, he will be valued higher than people on this board will likely value him. I could be wrong, but I am confident in the info I have.

No problem getting Derrick Brown in a trade down. Immediate impact on defense.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Trade compensation.

Chargers give up #37 to move up with the Lions. People will clamor that it should be more and it might also include a 2021 mid rounder, but the cost will not be super high. Lions want to move down and are not worried about Giants and Dolphins taking players they want.

Panthers get a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year from the Jets. They are going to push for better draft capital for a QB next year. I don't know if they can get a 2021 1st.

Cardinals get two thirds from the Raiders for trading down...#80 and #91.

Dolphins will take a 3rd and a 4th to move back with the Eagles.

Raiders will get a 2021 1st from the Packers and also a 2020 6th.

Patriots get a 2021 1st from the Chiefs. Again, I believe the Pats are going to try to trade up for a QB in 2021 so future capital is more valuable to them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson