Find a Way

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
As the Cards patiently wait for another CB to be made available they should get off their collective posteriors and sign Suh & trade for Quinn. The latter should be available for a conditional third with the Bears absorbing some of the cap hit. The Cards have extendable contracts should they need additional flexibility. This would solve 2 of the 3 obvious needs. Filling the third will be a little trickier but no team goes into the season with zero holes. If the Cards are aiming for more than a Participation Trophy for making the playoffs, they need to act while help is available.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see the Card's signing an edge, at least not yet. I think they will wait to see how the rookies look in camp.

I would like to see an iDL added but I would have thought they would have tried for Ogunjobi in that case. Seems they think they are set.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think all of the Cards management is out on vacation. Don't see anything happening until Training camp except maybe sign Murray to the big bucks contract.
This has been a very passive offseason for the Cards.

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
I totally agree to sign Suh and trade for Quinn (wanted him in the 2011 draft). The Cards have approximately $11.5 million in current cap space; what do they gain if Rodney Hudson decides to retire? Do the Cards increase their cap space by $10.5 million? Do they get back part of the guaranteed $16 million? Do they sign Billy Pierce (age 27) or JC Tretter ( age 31)?
I believe that Hudson will return, but I would still sign Billy Pierce, who could back up at both center and guard.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Donkey kong has been in steady bro chat with the boys on the Raiders defense the past couple weeks...if they want him they better go get him quick.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
As the Cards patiently wait for another CB to be made available they should get off their collective posteriors and sign Suh & trade for Quinn.
agree with this 100%

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe because we don't even have a legit backup center :)

True but it doesn't resolve the starter situation. I think the original post was talking about signing a starter which we can't really do until Hudson decides.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then we'll actually have *depth* for once on the offensive line. Even better if they can play G too.

You know it's not that simple. Nobody capable of starting is going to sign for backup money or would want to be guaranteed the starters job, which simply cannot be done.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You know it's not that simple. Nobody capable of starting is going to sign for backup money or would want to be guaranteed the starters job, which simply cannot be done.
Okay, so let's just simmer away with a lackluster and completely depth-less OL and do absolutely nothing until, perhaps late into training camp, Rodney Hudson decides to retire. Sounds like a bang-up plan.

Serious question: Is your approach to the OL and C position right now to just do nothing?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay, so let's just simmer away with a lackluster and completely depth-less OL and do absolutely nothing until, perhaps late into training camp, Rodney Hudson decides to retire. Sounds like a bang-up plan.

Serious question: Is your approach to the OL and C position right now to just do nothing?

I know it's fun to have a good moan but don't start ignoring reality to achieve it.

What would you have them do? They can't sign Tretter or Paradis to a $7-8m a year deal without knowing what's happening with Hudson.

If they did and Hudson stayed you would moan like hell we wasted that much money on a backup center. And neither can play guard.

The best they could do is sign someone like Billy Price. But that doesn't fix anything if Hudson retires.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I know it's fun to have a good moan but don't start ignoring reality to achieve it.

What would you have them do? They can't sign Tretter or Paradis to a $7-8m a year deal without knowing what's happening with Hudson.

If they did and Hudson stayed you would moan like hell we wasted that much money on a backup center. And neither can play guard.

The best they could do is sign someone like Billy Price. But that doesn't fix anything if Hudson retires.
Price would be the move.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Price would be the move.

They should sign Price anyway because Harlow isn't it. But I assume there is a problem there as they had him in but he hasn't signed. I'm guessing we offered him vet min and he's waiting it out to see if he can get more.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They should sign price anyway because Harlow isn't it. But I assume there is a problem there as they had him in but he hasn't signed. I'm guessing we offered him vet min and he's waiting it out to see if he can get more.
The issue with Billy Price has been the same since college.

He's an *******.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Suh, yes. Quinn, no.

Ultimately, I am not giving up draft picks for defensive players when I am not even sure we will be running this scheme next season.

You want to trade picks for offensive linemen? I am here for that.
Agree. If Quinn is the best option.....

Then let the rookies play. Baptism by fire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA