Finals Here We Come!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So I’m torn. I was 11 the last time we went to the finals always been a ******** Suns fan and my years of abuse and disappointment won’t let me enjoy this.

I really want to go to game 1 but I don’t think I could enjoy it. I feel like I’d be counting my chickens before they hatch.

I need to watch these games alone in the dark. I won’t crack a smile till it’s over
And people call me a darksider . . . I’ve enjoyed the entire journey so far. I might be critical of certain players, games, or players, but I know you gotta enjoy this. Otherwise why be a fan of all you’re capable of feeling is heartache and dread?

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not much of a fan of the NBA, but I just wanted to register my CONGRATULATIONS!!! to the Suns and all of the Sun's fanbase!! It's been a long time coming! Now get that CHAMPIONSHIP!

You should definitely watch the Finals and witness the Suns possibly win their first ever championship. I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I tuned into the 2001 World Series. I've never had so much fun watching baseball on TV.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just watched 1993 Finals Game 1. Planning to watch all six games before Game 1.

Observations:
1. Jordan was fairly passive to start. Think he only took two shots in the first quarter. He had a decent game on offense, but was the the least efficient Bulls starter. He was able to score inside against the awful Suns interior defense but he bricked tons of unnecessary jumpers for his 52% TS. He did get five steals against the laughably bad Suns ball-handling (more later) and was passable as a playmaker (5 assists to two turnovers). He was basically inefficient Kawhi this game.

2. Pippen was the best Bull, he made tons of jumpers that the lazy Suns defense kept giving him (I’ll discuss the offense-defense dynamics more in a minute), and Grant was probably the second best Bull. He owned Barkley defensively 1v1, and had 11 on 58% TS, with 7 boards, 5 assists, and only 1 turnover.

3. Three more player specific Bulls thoughts: BJ Armstrong shot 45% from three this year and was left open three times in the corner (3-4 overall) and had 16 points on 77.5% TS and 5 assists/0 turnovers. The Suns’ defensive strategy fell apart against the Bulls’ caveman simple flex cut offense multiple times. Bill Cartwright was very effective on offense with 9 points of iso offense on 76% TS. Scott Williams was great on the boards and defensively, but the offense was Awful when he was on the floor 72 ORTG was the worst until Pippen and Jordan 108/110, respectively.

4. Barkley was clearly nervy and missed almost every shot he took away from the basket. They ran almost no offense other than throw it to him in the post. Caveman ****. And no pick and roll with KJ felt illegal. He did make several elite passes and only had two turnovers.

5. KJ was awful. He turned it over five times in hilarious ways and only had two turnovers and 11 points on 30% TS.

6. Dumas was the best Sun, with 20 points of iso scoring on Jordan-level mediocre efficiency but 5 stocks, 12 boards (8 offensive!), and 4 assists to only 1 turnover.

7. Majerle had a ludicrous up and down traveling turnover, but played well otherwise with good efficient scoring and 5 stocks along with 8 boards.

8. Frank Johnson should have taken all of KJ’s minutes. He was solid and created nice efficient offense. Payne-like.

9. Chambers missed two open shots and had a hilarious travel in his three minutes. Dario looks like an all-star by comparison.

10. The Bulls passed the ball A LOT and did it very well. They had 4 starters with five assists and the other had 3. When they tried to dribble or create offense, the Suns had better luck with several strip steals and blocks.

11. The Suns were down 20 points but battled back to down 3 late. Then they clammed up and Barkley/KJ absolutely choked.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should definitely watch the Finals and witness the Suns possibly win their first ever championship. I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I tuned into the 2001 World Series. I've never had so much fun watching baseball on TV.

My wife is not a big fan of baseball but my cousin purchased 8 corporates seats right along 3rd baseline. So we went to a ton of games that year. We watched the final game at home with a our 3 month old. My son at the time loved the feeling of the car seat so we often would put him in it while watching something or getting something done around the house. When Gonzo got a hit and we both realized we were going to win we jumped up and down screaming and woke up my son in his car seat because we startled him. Never forget that moment that feeling of winning it all but making our son cry at the same time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Baseball is definitely lower on my rankings. Below NFL, NBA, college hoops, college football. But being at game 7 of World Series with cheese and brother-who-shall-not-post was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So I’m torn. I was 11 the last time we went to the finals always been a ******** Suns fan and my years of abuse and disappointment won’t let me enjoy this.

I really want to go to game 1 but I don’t think I could enjoy it. I feel like I’d be counting my chickens before they hatch.

I need to watch these games alone in the dark. I won’t crack a smile till it’s over
I would not go to a Finals game unless losing $1,200 literally did not matter to my financial situation (it does).

I could not stop thinking about all the poor souls that spent hundreds of dollars to be tortured by that Game 5 "performance" in the WCF.

I, admittedly, am wound a bit tighter than most fans. I was uneasy when the Nuggets made the post-Jokic ejection run in game 4 when we were up 3-0 and still up several points late in the 3rd.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baseball is definitely lower on my rankings. Below NFL, NBA, college hoops, college football. But being at game 7 of World Series with cheese and brother-who-shall-not-post was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

didnt hurt that we probably saw the end of the greatest World Series ever. Still can’t believe I went to all 4 of the D-Backs home games in the series. That was insane.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not much of a baseball fan either but I think I watched every pitch of that series.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Just watched 1993 Finals Game 1. Planning to watch all six games before Game 1.

Observations:
1. Jordan was fairly passive to start. Think he only took two shots in the first quarter. He had a decent game on offense, but was the the least efficient Bulls starter. He was able to score inside against the awful Suns interior defense but he bricked tons of unnecessary jumpers for his 52% TS. He did get five steals against the laughably bad Suns ball-handling (more later) and was passable as a playmaker (5 assists to two turnovers). He was basically inefficient Kawhi this game.

2. Pippen was the best Bull, he made tons of jumpers that the lazy Suns defense kept giving him (I’ll discuss the offense-defense dynamics more in a minute), and Grant was probably the second best Bull. He owned Barkley defensively 1v1, and had 11 on 58% TS, with 7 boards, 5 assists, and only 1 turnover.

3. Three more player specific Bulls thoughts: BJ Armstrong shot 45% from three this year and was left open three times in the corner (3-4 overall) and had 16 points on 77.5% TS and 5 assists/0 turnovers. The Suns’ defensive strategy fell apart against the Bulls’ caveman simple flex cut offense multiple times. Bill Cartwright was very effective on offense with 9 points of iso offense on 76% TS. Scott Williams was great on the boards and defensively, but the offense was Awful when he was on the floor 72 ORTG was the worst until Pippen and Jordan 108/110, respectively.

4. Barkley was clearly nervy and missed almost every shot he took away from the basket. They ran almost no offense other than throw it to him in the post. Caveman ****. And no pick and roll with KJ felt illegal. He did make several elite passes and only had two turnovers.

5. KJ was awful. He turned it over five times in hilarious ways and only had two turnovers and 11 points on 30% TS.

6. Dumas was the best Sun, with 20 points of iso scoring on Jordan-level mediocre efficiency but 5 stocks, 12 boards (8 offensive!), and 4 assists to only 1 turnover.

7. Majerle had a ludicrous up and down traveling turnover, but played well otherwise with good efficient scoring and 5 stocks along with 8 boards.

8. Frank Johnson should have taken all of KJ’s minutes. He was solid and created nice efficient offense. Payne-like.

9. Chambers missed two open shots and had a hilarious travel in his three minutes. Dario looks like an all-star by comparison.

10. The Bulls passed the ball A LOT and did it very well. They had 4 starters with five assists and the other had 3. When they tried to dribble or create offense, the Suns had better luck with several strip steals and blocks.

11. The Suns were down 20 points but battled back to down 3 late. Then they clammed up and Barkley/KJ absolutely choked.

Jordan notoriously played 36 holes on a hot June day at Phoenix Country Club before game 1. In game 2 he was magnificent maybe more than the double nickel game. Both MJ and Pip had near trip-dubs.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Just picked up my merch from the team store. Grab it before it's gone!
I've been looking for a The Valley black Booker jersey online and they just don't seem to be available. I paid an arm and a leg for great seats for Game 1 and I'm flying into Phoenix Monday night. Hoping to get one at the team store at the arena. Hopefully, the people who make these are working furiously to provide enough while they're at their highest demand.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I've been looking for a The Valley black Booker jersey online and they just don't seem to be available. I paid an arm and a leg for great seats for Game 1 and I'm flying into Phoenix Monday night. Hoping to get one at the team store at the arena. Hopefully, the people who make these are working furiously to provide enough while they're at their highest demand.
I just bought this. It's a replica version, so not stitched numbers and letters. Haven't received it yet so I can't exactly vouch for it.

Superbone

Reaction score
I just bought this. It's a replica version, so not stitched numbers and letters. Haven't received it yet so I can't exactly vouch for it.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to wait and see what I can find in Phoenix. I have my older purple away Booker jersey for the game if I can't find one of these in Phoenix.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jordan notoriously played 36 holes on a hot June day at Phoenix Country Club before game 1. In game 2 he was magnificent maybe more than the double nickel game. Both MJ and Pip had near trip-dubs.

Just finished Game 2, and they mentioned during the telecast that Jordan also played golf (without Barkley, but with Quinn Buckner) the day before Game 2.

Once again, Jordan showed the effects of the golf game as he put up a less than stellar 55% TS, taking 36 shots for his 42 points, making his two threes, several uncontested layups when Majerle got lost and nobody helped, and a couple garbage time free throws while bricking just about every other jumper he took, many of which were lightly contested. Jordan did hit two key lightly contested jumpers in the last four minutes. He had 9 assists and five turnovers, but did a good job navigating double teams by passing over the top. Only two steals and got caught ball watching a lot on defense (Bulls had elite rim protection this game) I would describe his performance as 1st round Luka vs Clippers good (maybe slightly less efficient than Luka): the defense was that bad.

Pippen was pretty mediocre on offense with SEVEN turnovers, to go along with his sub-50% true shooting. He did play very good defense and collected four stocks. He committed a hilarious foul on Barkley at midcourt to negate a layup for BJ Armstrong.

Horace Grant followed up his very good game 1 with an even better game 2: 24 points on 77 (!) % true shooting, 8 boards (5 offensive), 4 stocks, and two assists to only one turnover. He did get cooked a bit on defense, but I would say he was probably the best Bull this game.

The funniest part of this game was when Jordan sat with 10min left for the next 4 minutes the Bulls took a tie game to a 1 point lead! KJ and Majerle had awful possssions late. KJ was just atrocious. Westphal curiously benched Dumas for a defensively lost Chambers. Barkley was magnificent and man of the match easily with his 42 points coming on 67% true shooting, 13 boards (6 offensive), 4 assists, 2 stocks, and only 2 turnovers. Ainge was excellent: he cooked Pippen off the dribble in the 4th and made a bunch of key shots/plays when the Bulls doubled Barkley. Majerle had seven stocks and played great help defense.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got tickets to game 2. Oof, they are pricey.

I'm on the season ticket list so I can get them early at a (apparently) a discount. I was shocked to see how much more expensive they got later in the day.

My game 5 tickets last round are 250% more expensive for the same seats this round.

But screw it... it's been nearly 3 decades since we've had this opportunity!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished Game 2, and they mentioned during the telecast that Jordan also played golf (without Barkley, but with Quinn Buckner) the day before Game 2.

Once again, Jordan showed the effects of the golf game as he put up a less than stellar 55% TS, taking 36 shots for his 42 points, making his two threes, several uncontested layups when Majerle got lost and nobody helped, and a couple garbage time free throws while bricking just about every other jumper he took, many of which were lightly contested. Jordan did hit two key lightly contested jumpers in the last four minutes. He had 9 assists and five turnovers, but did a good job navigating double teams by passing over the top. Only two steals and got caught ball watching a lot on defense (Bulls had elite rim protection this game) I would describe his performance as 1st round Luka vs Clippers good (maybe slightly less efficient than Luka): the defense was that bad.

Pippen was pretty mediocre on offense with SEVEN turnovers, to go along with his sub-50% true shooting. He did play very good defense and collected four stocks. He committed a hilarious foul on Barkley at midcourt to negate a layup for BJ Armstrong.

Horace Grant followed up his very good game 1 with an even better game 2: 24 points on 77 (!) % true shooting, 8 boards (5 offensive), 4 stocks, and two assists to only one turnover. He did get cooked a bit on defense, but I would say he was probably the best Bull this game.

The funniest part of this game was when Jordan sat with 10min left for the next 4 minutes the Bulls took a tie game to a 1 point lead! KJ and Majerle had awful possssions late. KJ was just atrocious. Westphal curiously benched Dumas for a defensively lost Chambers. Barkley was magnificent and man of the match easily with his 42 points coming on 67% true shooting, 13 boards (6 offensive), 4 assists, 2 stocks, and only 2 turnovers. Ainge was excellent: he cooked Pippen off the dribble in the 4th and made a bunch of key shots/plays when the Bulls doubled Barkley. Majerle had seven stocks and played great help defense.

what are stocks?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score

I'm on the season ticket list so I can get them early at a (apparently) a discount. I was shocked to see how much more expensive they got later in the day.

My game 5 tickets last round are 250% more expensive for the same seats this round.

Super jealous. Cheapest tix I could find were $900 for the worst seats ever. Seemed a bit ridiculous.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Super jealous. Cheapest tix I could find were $900 for the worst seats ever. Seemed a bit ridiculous.
I looked a bit ago and they’ve gone down a to about 750ish.

even with the season ticket discount yesterday morning they were still nearly 500 for the worst seats available.

Superbone

Reaction score

I don’t want to hear about it. I’m not on the season ticket list and for what I paid, I could have bought a decent used car. Let’s put it this way, the StubHub fee alone was way more than I’ve ever paid for a pair of tickets before. The good news is that I’m sitting center, center, 22 rows up from the court. I can’t wait to bask in the middle of a huge, boisterous crowd of fellow Suns fans with our best odds in 52 years of winning an NBA championship!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson