Finals Here We Come!!!

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not calling my shot.. its over when its over. I am not saying we won it until it happens but its funny how the haters already crowned us and want to say it doesn’t count cause we played teams who were injured. It was a shorten season with playoff teams not getting time to recover.

Last time I checked we didn’t do any type of load management to rest players for the playoffs. We weren’t tanking games to avoid the Lakers. The Nuggets were a good team even though they had injuries cause they beat a good Blazers team or Clippers Kawhi less were good cause they beat the #1 seed Jazz.

All we been doing is playing our game and just doing our thing. How is it our fault? Are we suppose to say ok we shouldn’t play and cancel the season? We had set backs also but over came them. We had CP3 and Booker banged up but still found a way to win but not even get credit for it.

I am done ranting.. sorry..

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any kind of insight on when they usually announce the finals schedule?

It'll start July 8th. Anything beyond that is a guess and we won't know until we know our opponent. We have homecourt so it'll be here for 1, 2, 5, and 7.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have a buddy that works at the arena, and they told him be prepared to work the 8th and 11th if the east finals ends in 7 or the 6th and 8th if the East finals ends in 6.
That's what I see on the Suns app, too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Anyone see the front page of the Republic or the front of their sport page? Worst choices ever. I mean the photo selected for the front of the sports page - *** is that?!? Most important sports page in past decade. Yeesh.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Anyone see the front page of the Republic or the front of their sport page? Worst choices ever. I mean the photo selected for the front of the sports page - *** is that?!? Most important sports page in past decade. Yeesh.
We talking about this or something else?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dayum! Can't believe this is happening for you guys. I couldn't be happier for you guys and my second hometown. Get er done!!! Go SUNS!!!! Maybe a Suns parade will spark something in that football team! LOL!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Watched a clip from Inside the NBA last night and they talked about the difference between the Finals and all the other rounds.

The lights tend to be much brighter and there tends to be a lot more distractions for the players to deal with.

Barkley also talked about how it affected the 1993 Suns team and that he wishes he would have had his guys more ready for game 1.

I think it helps that we have some all business guys as the leaders of the team with Chris and Book, but it is certainly something to keep an eye on going into game 1. Probably helps to have so much time to get refocused in the lab.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched a clip from Inside the NBA last night and they talked about the difference between the Finals and all the other rounds.

The lights tend to be much brighter and there tends to be a lot more distractions for the players to deal with.

Barkley also talked about how it affected the 1993 Suns team and that he wishes he would have had his guys more ready for game 1.

I think it helps that we have some all business guys as the leaders of the team with Chris and Book, but it is certainly something to keep an eye on going into game 1. Probably helps to have so much time to get refocused in the lab.

I also think the fact that neither team that will be in the Finals will have Finals experience as a group (and even mostly as individuals) is a good equalizer. We’re talking Finals novices for the most part so the Suns won’t be facing that huge experience gap like we did back in 1993.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I also think the fact that neither team that will be in the Finals will have Finals experience as a group (and even mostly as individuals) is a good equalizer. We’re talking Finals novices for the most part so the Suns won’t be facing that huge experience gap like we did back in 1993.

Is Jae Crowder the only player currently left standing with any NBA Finals experience?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Jae Crowder the only player currently left standing with any NBA Finals experience?

i think so. Which is really nuts.

this is the transition period of the NBA, post Bron/Warriors, much like post Lakers/Celtics and Bulls. We might be perfectly positioned to be the Late 80’s Pistons/mid 90’s Rockets who went back to back as the league changed... or as MJ came back.

but we’ve got a wrinkle those teams don’t because our core is so young which means we likely have another run once we find a solid PG after Paul retires and Ayton/Booker’s games get better.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I’m torn. I was 11 the last time we went to the finals always been a ******** Suns fan and my years of abuse and disappointment won’t let me enjoy this.

I really want to go to game 1 but I don’t think I could enjoy it. I feel like I’d be counting my chickens before they hatch.

I need to watch these games alone in the dark. I won’t crack a smile till it’s over

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The good news is that neither the bucks nor hawks have significant finals experience over our guys.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave