Finally an xbox headset I would use!

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I thought the volume of chat and game depends a lot on the game. Some let you and other don't. Am I wrong in that? How does this headset do that? I just got a pair of Phillips headphones for $50. They're super comfortable so far and sound amazing. I added a mic for it for $30 as well. I wear glasses and a size 7 1/2 fitted hat btw.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the volume of chat and game depends a lot on the game. Some let you and other don't. Am I wrong in that? How does this headset do that? I just got a pair of Phillips headphones for $50. They're super comfortable so far and sound amazing. I added a mic for it for $30 as well. I wear glasses and a size 7 1/2 fitted hat btw.

Some headsets have controls on the headset but you can also adjust everything on the guide tab I believe. I only have over the ear headphones right now so I rarely use them but when the family was out of town I played the culling all night for a few nights and was using the tools. So, it has been a while but from memory, I had found a way on the dashboard to adjust game sound and chat sound independently while playing so I could hear my friend over the game while playing.

Prior to that I was just having to have his voice REALLY loud in my ear and it sucked but there are features to fix that.

I have a bluetooth LG headset like this I use when hiking and etc to take calls and listen to music so this is much more my style than big over ear head phones. The over ear ones become bothersome after time for me from heat, pinching down ears and etc.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some headsets have controls on the headset but you can also adjust everything on the guide tab I believe. I only have over the ear headphones right now so I rarely use them but when the family was out of town I played the culling all night for a few nights and was using the tools. So, it has been a while but from memory, I had found a way on the dashboard to adjust game sound and chat sound independently while playing so I could hear my friend over the game while playing.

Prior to that I was just having to have his voice REALLY loud in my ear and it sucked but there are features to fix that.

I have a bluetooth LG headset like this I use when hiking and etc to take calls and listen to music so this is much more my style than big over ear head phones. The over ear ones become bothersome after time for me from heat, pinching down ears and etc.

Right, but I always thought that was a feature of the game you're playing, not necessarily the headset you're using. I'm assuming most games have the option, so I'm not sure how that's a special feature of this particular headset. Anyways, I'm loving the one I got and don't feel it at all when playing for the two hour blocks that I can squeeze in every once in a while. Growing up sucks.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, but I always thought that was a feature of the game you're playing, not necessarily the headset you're using. I'm assuming most games have the option, so I'm not sure how that's a special feature of this particular headset. Anyways, I'm loving the one I got and don't feel it at all when playing for the two hour blocks that I can squeeze in every once in a while. Growing up sucks.
lol. yup.

The volume control features can be accessed by hitting the xbox guide button and then the left screen that opens has them somewhere, maybe in audio settings, I dont remember. It is a console setting so the game shouldnt matter.

Some of the headsets have those controls right on them, some dont so xbox actually integrated the controls into the console software too.

I just like that its not an over ear set, can use one ear only, isnt plugged in and etc.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this thread. I went to a private demo of this manufacturer's headphones while I was at E3. I honestly wasn't impressed with the LS15's. The sound quality was just ok. I got a free pair of the LS20's from them and they are very uncomfortable because they sit on the ear. Oh, they only connected to the Xbox as advertised on the very first use. After that, I had to use a 3.5mm cable.

However, I thought that the LS30's were extremely comfortable and I was hoping to get a pair of those instead.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this thread. I went to a private demo of this manufacturer's headphones while I was at E3. I honestly wasn't impressed with the LS15's. The sound quality was just ok. I got a free pair of the LS20's from them and they are very uncomfortable because they sit on the ear. Oh, they only connected to the Xbox as advertised on the very first use. After that, I had to use a 3.5mm cable.

However, I thought that the LS30's were extremely comfortable and I was hoping to get a pair of those instead.

I preordered the LS15. I have beefier headphones if I want to get full immersive sound, this is more of something I wanted as a simple solution when I am not home alone but gaming and wouldnt mind being able to at least chat.

My other headset is below, it is ok, nothing great but very inconvenient for gaming unless I am the only one in the house. Cant hear anything around me and etc.

With the LS15 I can see myself doing one ear for chat, not even gaming noise and the other ear can hear family and toddler, etc.

Sometimes I will go two ear and if I want louder and etc, I could go with the 4shot instead

Polk Audio 4Shot Headphone

lol....it wasnt $39 when I bought it!!! Amazon links dont work so just posting image of it instead. I bought it for over $100 years ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wonder if the delays are improving the sound. I preordered this and still go back and forth on cancelling it. I would love to have no cord as I tend to set my controller down and then rip my headset off of my head. I do not like over the ear headphones much at all. Lately playing games like PUBG I notice I REALLY need sound in my ears though to actually play the game but even then if I have sound AND c hat in the same ears, its hard to hear people over the game and etc.

first world problems.