Filter

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was over hearing these high school kids that work in my building tonight and they were saying that Filter, 'hey man nice shot" was written about Kurt Cobain. I just rolled my eyes....... I remember that was a prominent rumor when I was in high school.....

BTW, That song "If you could take my picture...." is so gay I really lost all respect for them

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I was over hearing these high school kids that work in my building tonight and they were saying that Filter, 'hey man nice shot" was written about Kurt Cobain. I just rolled my eyes....... I remember that was a prominent rumor when I was in high school.....

BTW, That song "If you could take my picture...." is so gay I really lost all respect for them
Talk about a "blast from the past".... If I remember correctly, "Hey Man Nice Shot" was about a guest on some live local talk show being shot on air...

As far as "Take A Picture", there was a rumor that circulated about how Filter completely plagiarized the song and in fact someone filed a lawsuit on them, but it's been awhile since that all happened....

I'll never forget when a friend and I were watching an MTV broadcast that mixed super-models and rock and the 2 featured bands were Filter and Elastica...The singer of Filter wore his arm in a sling and cast, despite that it wasnt even broken....

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingLouieLouie said:
Talk about a "blast from the past".... If I remember correctly, "Hey Man Nice Shot" was about a guest on some live local talk show being shot on air...

A local politician who shot himself.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:

I heard that song was about when the lead singer got hammered on a flight and started streaking up and down the aisles while people were taking pictures of him.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
BendCardfan said:
Yeah, I think it was in Philadelphia. I guess it was on live tv.
? Are you talking about Bud Dwyer, the PA treasurer who shot himself in Harrisburg? He hid a gun in a manilla envelope & during a press conference for embezzlement (I think), he took it out & shot himself in the head.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave