Filling the 15th Roster Spot

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Tank. Lol. Well, we could do worse with our 15th roster spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing the Tank will be seeing the court much more. 11 points in 19 minutes, and some smart passes...

Especially with Saric and Smith out.

Regardless, Frank is a great guy to bring off the bench when needed. Also he had injury issues last season which didn't help his cause with the Suns picking up his $5 million team option.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks for the Suns that Jones deal became guaranteed on the first day of the season. It's just for the league minimum but he sucks. Frank is clearly.the better option at backup while Saric is out.

I can't remember who said it, one of the talking heads said Jones was the worst rotation player in the league last year and he hasn't prove that wrong. Im glad Monty was able to.turn to Frank already and keep Jones on the bench, where he belongs. Glad Sacramento cut Frank.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks for the Suns that Jones deal became guaranteed on the first day of the season. It's just for the league minimum but he sucks. Frank is clearly.the better option at backup while Saric is out.

I can't remember who said it, one of the talking heads said Jones was the worst rotation player in the league last year and he hasn't prove that wrong. Im glad Monty was able to.turn to Frank already and keep Jones on the bench, where he belongs. Glad Sacramento cut Frank.

I thought Damian Jones would be an improvement over Diallo, apparently not. Glad the Suns have Frank.

The Suns might want to look at buyouts later in the season if anyone good comes along at a position of need.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Hollinger was vocal that Jones shouldn't be in the league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hollinger was vocal that Jones shouldn't be in the league.

I don't have the comments handy but Monty was really positive about Damian Jones early on. This stings a bit as the Suns could use another big man that can get some minutes.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't have the comments handy but Monty was really positive about Damian Jones early on. This stings a bit as the Suns could use another big man that can get some minutes.

Dwayne Dedmon is still out there, I believe...

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jones looked ok in the first preseason game and he's looked useless since. By ok, I mean compared to Diallo and other end of the bench bigs. Never thought I'd be happy to have Frank back but here we are.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jones looked ok in the first preseason game and he's looked useless since. By ok, I mean compared to Diallo and other end of the bench bigs. Never thought I'd be happy to have Frank back but here we are.

Yeah. Frank appears good compared Diallo and Jones. I hope Jones proves me wrong.

İlyasova or Dedmon would be an improvement.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah. Frank appears good compared Diallo and Jones. I hope Jones proves me wrong.

İlyasova or Dedmon would be an improvement.
Unless he's changed from last time I watched, I don't think Ilyasova brings anything that Frank or Dario don't already have. I don't know much about Dedmon but he can't be possibly worse than Jones...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless he's changed from last time I watched, I don't think Ilyasova brings anything that Frank or Dario don't already have. I don't know much about Dedmon but he can't be possibly worse than Jones...

I'm talking about the need for big man depth. When the Suns lost Baynes and Kaminsky last season to injury they could have used another big man. Even Ayton was suspended 25 games. Diallo wasn't a lot of help.