OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Brian Mahoney ‏@briancmahoney 16s
Finland in the second quarter: 0 for 17 from the field, 0 for 6 from 3-point range, but a solid 2 of 2 at the line.
Nice defense from the USA!

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo · 1h
The United States' 59-point win over Finland at the FIBA Basketball World Cup is second-largest win ever by U.S. in the World Championships.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 1m
World Cup #Suns: Goran Dragic had 18 pts, 6 ast, 4 trv, 1 stl in 26 min. He went 6 for 8 (1-2 3s). Zoran had 22. Slovenia beat Mexico 89-68.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
John Schuhmann ‏@johnschuhmann 1m
The Dragic brothers combined to shoot 14-for-16 vs. Mexico today. Slovenia w/ an effective FG% of 67.3% through two games.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
one pass, shot goes up, one pass, shot goes up, USA offense is whack!
oh great a three point play for Turkey!

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m
Time for Team USA to stop fouling and gambling. Turkey's 18 trips to FT line have only helped 'em control the pace. Turks LEAD 40-35 at HT

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 5m
When USA makes the extra pass, they score. Make the extra defensive slide? They get a stop. When they don't? They miss and they foul.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
when is Irving going to pass the ball? Going one on one everytime he has a chance. Pass the ball you jerk.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Missed today's game,and probably going to miss tomorrow's game too. Anywho USA improves to 3-0 in pool play with the win over New Zealand.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree on the Turkey game was really frustrating watching Kyrie dribble and shoot and not pass. I knew we'd eventually pull away we were far more talented but Coach K's shoot tons of 3's and hope the opponent misses their 3's style was bad coaching. Turkey ran 2 plays the whole first half pick and roll or drive and kick. This is how he loses to Lehigh and Mercer with McD's AA's up and down his roster. I'm also puzzled why he doesn't play Curry and Thompson together more, you'd think if you have NBA teammates you'd try to take advantage of that some by playing them together but seems like they're rarely in at the same time.

I watched the Philippines nearly beat Argentina. I'm surprised the rules are that lax, Andray Blatche simply applied to be a naturalized citizen, got it, and then got 1 million dollars to play 2 months with the Philippine team. He's got absolutely no connection to the country other than he got naturalized to play in the tourney. he's also the laziest guy on offense he played great, on defense he stood there. He had 15 boards but gave up a ton of offensive ones even the announcers were commenting on how little effort he gave on defense. I guess that's why he's not in the NBA anymore.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agree on the Turkey game was really frustrating watching Kyrie dribble and shoot and not pass. I knew we'd eventually pull away we were far more talented but Coach K's shoot tons of 3's and hope the opponent misses their 3's style was bad coaching. Turkey ran 2 plays the whole first half pick and roll or drive and kick. This is how he loses to Lehigh and Mercer with McD's AA's up and down his roster. I'm also puzzled why he doesn't play Curry and Thompson together more, you'd think if you have NBA teammates you'd try to take advantage of that some by playing them together but seems like they're rarely in at the same time.

I watched the Philippines nearly beat Argentina. I'm surprised the rules are that lax, Andray Blatche simply applied to be a naturalized citizen, got it, and then got 1 million dollars to play 2 months with the Philippine team. He's got absolutely no connection to the country other than he got naturalized to play in the tourney. he's also the laziest guy on offense he played great, on defense he stood there. He had 15 boards but gave up a ton of offensive ones even the announcers were commenting on how little effort he gave on defense. I guess that's why he's not in the NBA anymore.
The USA offense in the half court is stagnant and boring. I'm sorry but the USA team on offense looked like a bunch of individuals trying to get numbers. Frustrating.