Fazoli’s Returning to Arizona

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of remember Fazoli's, but I don't recall it being especially good. Any idea why they left/went under?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was at the height of the recession, and they claimed they were losing a lot of money - probably more bad management.

I liked Fazoli's a lot.

What dishes do you recommend? I'm willing to give them another try. I love me some Italian.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What dishes do you recommend? I'm willing to give them another try. I love me some Italian.
Well, it has been 14 years...

Great breadsticks. I was partial to their Chicken Parm. It's basically fast food Italian, but good for the price and quickness.

Also liked the Chicken Fettuccine

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was at the height of the recession, and they claimed they were losing a lot of money - probably more bad management.

I liked Fazoli's a lot.
I remember it was bad management. They have had them still here in Colorado and I had it about a year ago. Fazoli breadsticks > Olive Garden

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I recently tried "Vito's Pizza" italian restaurant as there is one close to my new house and...holy cow. so good.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The fast-casual Italian restaurant chain said it will be opening inside Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

A Phoenix Sky Harbor representative confirmed to ABC15 that the Fazoli’s location will be in Terminal 4, post security between gates B7 and B13.

The Sky Harbor location is just the first of nine locations set to open in the Valley over the course of a few years.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Most italians I know consider Fazoli's to be nothing more than a poor mans Olive garden, truck stop slop.

However I always found it to be good food on the go.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Italian food places like this are interesting to me. Italian food for the most part is like the easiest and quickest food to make and its dirt cheap to do so.

Once you get into places making homemade sauces and more complicated dishes with the homemade sauces like lasagna I can see the value but IE: spaghetti? so easy to just slap together for 4 dollars and have leftovers

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, the only other AZ location is the one at Sky Harbor Terminal 4.
I saw that when I was in town. I have one about 20 minutes from my house here in CO.

It is about as good as you remember. Breadsticks fantasic; everything else meh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose