Father time vs LeBron

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Lebron is enjoying the lessened expectations. If he can't get the Lakers to the playoffs then he'll be ripped apart but that's all he needs to do, get them to the postseason. It's not like with the Cavs or Heat where it's title or bust. He should have an extra 2 months or so of rest at the end of this season. He might be too old to return as a beast but he should be able to maintain his current level for another year.

I kind of have these feelings as well. He has a legendary boss in Magic, LeBron can fall back on him and say well Magic is the one who put the team together so it's not my fault if we don't make the playoffs. LeBron is a man who knows how to play the game on and off the court.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I think Lebron has gotten used to coasting through most of the regular season while selectively picking his spots and games to turn it on. When Playoffs comes around he goes to another gear. Problem is you can't do that out west. There's too many good teams.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
net rating does not always mean much without context

Lebron had a negative net rating last year too, as did Booker

Errntknght

Reaction score
net rating does not always mean much without context

Lebron had a negative net rating last year too, as did Booker

The overall team's net rating is significant when you are evaluating individual players. Say the Cavs overall team rating was -10 and LeBron's rating was -2 then he'd be +8 relative to his team. So he's helping hold it up.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's crazy that Lebron is playing at an MVP level still while Melo can't be enough of a positive to be a bench player for any team in the league. Back when they were drafted the first few years had them close. Melo made the playoffs before Lebron and put up solid numbers in his first couple of seasons. Once their rookie contracts ran out though Melo became King Douche who was angling for his exit to New York while Lebron was trying to get the Cavs a win in the finals against a much better Spurs team.That Cavs team had no business making the Eastern Conference Finals let alone the NBA Finals.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think he is just biding his time until KD joins him. Wouldn’t that be a kick in the nuts for GS?

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He should have an extra 2 months or so of rest at the end of this season. He might be too old to return as a beast but he should be able to maintain his current level for another year.

That is a really good point. A couple months' rest might buy him another season on the back end. It'll definitely help him break Kareem's scoring record, since that's a regular-season record.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

And so it begins...my prediction is Mark Jackson or Tyrone Lue replaces Walton before long.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And so it begins...my prediction is Mark Jackson or Tyrone Lue replaces Walton before long.

I could see Mike Brown brought in also. He's coached Lebron before, has worked for the Lakers before, and has built his stock back up by being the lead assistant with Golden State. Ty Lue would be a terrible hire but it wouldn't surprise me all that much.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

LeBron is dragging a terrible team full of clowns around. Granted he chose to join that terrible team full of clowns, but still, there is only so much he can do. And it's hard to put any fault on the guy for their loss tonight when he put up a ridiculous triple double that included 16 assists and only 2 turnovers.

If Laker fans want to rip LeBron they should rip his judgement for joining that stank ass team.

I'd also wager that "Laker Film Room" has a shrine somewhere to Kobe, who probably rolled his eyes at teammates and bailed on plays more often in a few given games than LeBron has in his career.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are not very interesting to talk about between now and draft time.

But watching LeBron and the Lakers flounder is a fun substitute.

I'm enjoy watching the Pelicans disintegrate as well.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Did you guys see before the trade deadline, the Lakers were playing on the road, and the crowd was tauanting the young Lakers players chanting about Lebron, "He will trade you!" The chants went on for quite a while. I saw it on ESPN.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys see before the trade deadline, the Lakers were playing on the road, and the crowd was tauanting the young Lakers players chanting about Lebron, "He will trade you!" The chants went on for quite a while. I saw it on ESPN.
Classic

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams looking to rebuild provides opportunities. Hopefully Holiday becomes available as an option.

man, I think people are really overrating Holiday and what impact he could have here. That Pelicans team, pre-trade demand WASN'T good, despite having a top 5 player in the league, a PF a lot of people like here, an okay coach... and Holiday. now, i'm not saying they weren't good BECAUSE of Holiday (I'll head that projected tripe off at the pass), but that team isn't without talent and I wonder how good he can be... what impact does he really make? Yes, we have a terrible situation at PG, but bringing him and his whopping salary probably caps us up for the next couple years moving forward and I just don't know if he does anything except maybe move the needle ten games.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man, I think people are really overrating Holiday and what impact he could have here. That Pelicans team, pre-trade demand WASN'T good, despite having a top 5 player in the league, a PF a lot of people like here, an okay coach... and Holiday. now, i'm not saying they weren't good BECAUSE of Holiday (I'll head that projected tripe off at the pass), but that team isn't without talent and I wonder how good he can be... what impact does he really make? Yes, we have a terrible situation at PG, but bringing him and his whopping salary probably caps us up for the next couple years moving forward and I just don't know if he does anything except maybe move the needle ten games.
I guess most of us are just looking at Holiday in comparison to any of the other point guards that might be attainable. Rubio, Brogdon, etc.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He’s got his own show on Showtime, he’s producing movies and he has ownership stakes in restaurants around LA. He’s got a lot of non-bball interests now that he’s a Laker but he’s still putting up numbers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess most of us are just looking at Holiday in comparison to any of the other point guards that might be attainable. Rubio, Brogdon, etc.

I get that... but there's a cost/benefit to getting him. How much are we giving up... draft picks, players for a guy who hasn't led a team with MUCH better talent anywhere and is going to cost a fortune?