Fascinating stat on David Johnson

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This popped up in my fantasy app since I have Dj on my roster

David Johnson has forced 9 missed tackles in 113 touches this year(ranks 47th of 47 RB's in missed tackles per touch.)

Kenyan Drake has forced 8 missed tackles in his first 35 touches in Arizona(8th best).

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

David Johnson has forced 9 missed tackles in 113 touches this year(ranks 47th of 47 RB's in missed tackles per touch.)

Kenyan Drake has forced 8 missed tackles in his first 35 touches in Arizona(8th best).
That fits with what I thought I saw. Drake like Edmonds was very quick to the hole. DJ needs the line to open bigger holes. Where DJ is most is once he busts the line or getting short tosses where he can set up the field. He pairs well with either of the other 2 RBs.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

David Johnson is a slower and less physical Beanie Wells

Sent from my SM-T517P using Tapatalk

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals have done EVERYTHING to try to restart DJ's engine...and it won't engage

There comes a point when the team forces the ball to a player and finally understands 'we are wasting plays that we need'

Don't be surprised to hear DJ say, "I'm trying out today for the other 31 NFL teams." Beanie Wells

DJ gave up a long time ago...question will be when do the Cardinals give up?

I'd probably give him 1 play and let him know ....do well and you get one more...do well and you get one more. The second I see you play like you have all season...go hit the showers.

Like Singletary said to Vernon Davis, "Can't Play with em! Can't win with em!'

KK should be saying this to DJ - Watch it and tell me it doesn't apply it's 56 seconds

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

#1 We go out and hit people in the mouth - that ain't DJ's game anymore - the super run vs. Seattle he would never do again ...no heart

#2 We are not a charity - can't keep giving DJ the ball hoping he's gonna get engaged...it's wasting plays

#3 We execute from the start of the game to the end - that ain't DJ

Rather play with 10 people that have heart than play with 11 when I KNOW 1 person is not sold out to be a part of the team - that's DJ

Can not play with em' Can not win with em Can not coach with em Can't do it...I WANT WINNERS ..I want people who want to win ...tell me that speech can't be applied to DJ....he half asses every play.

Last edited:

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
David Johnson is a slower and less physical Beanie Wells

That's exactly who I compared him to. I don't know what happened but he has completely lost his drive.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've got a Beanie Wells jersey that I wear occasionally and without fail I get playful trash talk from Cards fans at the stadium. Always cracks me up.

More often rocking a Kyler jersey but my grandpa played at Ohio State under Woody Hayes so I wear the Beanie jersey when I want to bring the memory of gramps to the stadium with me.

Reaction score
I've got a Beanie Wells jersey that I wear occasionally and without fail I get playful trash talk from Cards fans at the stadium. Always cracks me up.

More often rocking a Kyler jersey but my grandpa played at Ohio State under Woody Hayes so I wear the Beanie jersey when I want to bring the memory of gramps to the stadium with me.

I have a Wells jersey as well. My wife bought it for me for our 25th anniversary so I have to keep it. ;) It's also the only black jersey I have.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I think the cards need to try to build up djs game and confidence. I think its mental. Hopefully he will break one loose vs the 9ers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The most fascinating stat about David Johnson is he gets paid to be an embarrassment.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I drove to Cincinnati for the Cardinals -vs- Bengals game. While tailgating I saw a dude in a #36 Beanie Wells Cardinals jersey. I approached him to give him a hand slap, he was like "easy there, I'm a Bengals fan". I kind of looked at him funny for a second, he then said "I'm a Buckeyes & Bengals fan" made sense at that point since Columbus is a couple hrs drive up I-71 from there lol.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
read notes that Johnson was seen running wind sprints after practices and Tom Clements saying he looks good this week.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
read notes that Johnson was seen running wind sprints after practices and Tom Clements saying he looks good this week.

I hope it's true but they kind of said that last week too. We could sure use him Sunday and it would be a great way to make up for last week if he had a big game against SF.

Several articles this week about concerns that DJ is on the slide and it's something that might be starting to be an issue with teammates too, so let's hope he goes out Sunday and proves us all wrong.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Please define 'running'
Does that mean his average 5.6 40 yard dash.

Sounds like the PR machine at work still hoping the $10 mill this year and next is somehow gonna pay off.
Sound more like someone running to the gas station to buy another scratcher ticket thinking this one will be the winning ticket. NOPE you lost again bud

At this point KK still has to listen to Keim and Mike ...and bet the house they still want DJ involved in the hopes he will engage

My best advice for KK is to tell DJ 'You'll get 1 play - IF and I mean IF you do well you'll get another. If not you're on the bench.' and if he keeps running hard and making plays sure give him the ball 20 times....but is there anyone willing to put money on DJ producing.

No me...his past performance has shown me all I need to see. He's quit and it's too late to try to become something you haven't put any effort into becoming. He is what he is...a slow washed up has been.

Sorry if that hurts someones feelings...but it's a fact

He's Beanie Wells 2.0 and I'm tired of seeing the Cardinals WASTE plays on DJ when they could be moving the ball down the field using one of the many other weapons that WANT to be out there.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please define 'running'
Does that mean his average 5.6 40 yard dash.

Sounds like the PR machine at work still hoping the $10 mill this year and next is somehow gonna pay off.
Sound more like someone running to the gas station to buy another scratcher ticket thinking this one will be the winning ticket. NOPE you lost again bud

At this point KK still has to listen to Keim and Mike ...and bet the house they still want DJ involved in the hopes he will engage

My best advice for KK is to tell DJ 'You'll get 1 play - IF and I mean IF you do well you'll get another. If not you're on the bench.' and if he keeps running hard and making plays sure give him the ball 20 times....but is there anyone willing to put money on DJ producing.

No me...his past performance has shown me all I need to see. He's quit and it's too late to try to become something you haven't put any effort into becoming. He is what he is...a slow washed up has been.

Sorry if that hurts someones feelings...but it's a fact

He's Beanie Wells 2.0 and I'm tired of seeing the Cardinals WASTE plays on DJ when they could be moving the ball down the field using one of the many other weapons that WANT to be out there.
Tom clements isnt a PR machine. All he said was he looks good this week and had been running wind sprints after pratcie. Nothing to read into or discuss about it really. The indicators are that he is trying. We'll see.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Beanie 2.0 has been a total liability to the team

As a fan I'm tired of seeing the team absolutely waste plays handing him the ball.

As a coach of football - much lower level - my team can't afford to waste a single play and expect to win....and if we can't there is NO WAY at the NFL level they can either.

You see it too - Beanie 2.0 shows no effort and should be shut down...if he didn't have $10 million out of Mikes pocket he wold have been cut or shut down already.

Last game they gave Beanie 2.0 the ball 5 times and he got 2 yards...you can't waste 5 plays in a game and expect to win....and KK even started DJ. You'd think when your coach says 'Your the starting RB' you'd be fired up and ready to run through a brick wall to keep it...instead he acts like a old guy who's had the job for 38 years and gonna retire tomorrow and could care less what his last day of work looks like cause he's getting his retirement check no matter what. That's Beanie 2.0

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And so it begins...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GOOOOOOOOOOD!
Finally someone with EYES and an ability to make a decision has taken over

Next question is DJ even worthy of RB2 based on his play or is he RB2 because of a $10 million contract

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
GOOOOOOOOOOD!
Finally someone with EYES and an ability to make a decision has taken over

Next question is DJ even worthy of RB2 based on his play or is he RB2 because of a $10 million contract
When you hurt your cap space to get rid of him, yes, he is RB2 because of money. That doesn't mean the RB3 won't jump if the RB1 goes down.