Farley Injury

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’ve talked with the group I trust about what medical assessments are saying about Farley. The consensus is his back injury is not a concern. It should heal completely and be no more likely to recur than it would be for anyone else with no history to suffer this injury. It should leave no lasting impairment. Overall there has always been the issue if you take someone with an injury history, you expose yourself if they are re-injured. Since Keim is already receiving quite a bit of criticism he may be too gun shy to take Farley. Keim likely won’t be the only GM to back off despite favorable medical.

Considering all of that, CB, like QB, is an expensive position to fill. To get a number one CB at 16 would be huge salary cap-wise and help cap space for several years. Considering the Cards figure to not draft this high in upcoming years, the Cards should stay bold and grab Farley. Otherwise they will be forced to overpay for a free agent CB.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Harry, if the team agrees with 'your' doctors, I'd expect him to be the pick. No/little doubt that he has the talent, and only the medical question would see him fall to sixteen. And, I guess it's also possible he'd be gone before our pick, if other teams have the same (medical) opinion. When you think about:
1. SF QB pick.
2. Atl goes QB or not.
3. Patriots stay aggressive and trade up.
4. Half the Cardinals fans agree with the SK decision.

Should be a fun draft.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
As someone who has suffered back injuries and whose own career was ended by them, I would proceed with extreme caution. It's not often the initial injury, but the slow, steady growth in severity and side-effects of the injury.

10 years later, I can't run, jog, or bend over repeatedly without being stuck in bed for the next few days.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Farley dropping to #16 with Surtain and Horn mostly likely off the board so they don't have to decide among them would be ideal situation for ARZ.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As someone who has suffered back injuries and whose own career was ended by them, I would proceed with extreme caution. It's not often the initial injury, but the slow, steady growth in severity and side-effects of the injury.

10 years later, I can't run, jog, or bend over repeatedly without being stuck in bed for the next few days.
There are many different back injuries. Not all of them have the effects and consequences. Our family can attest to that:

cheese has had disc issues resulting in three surgeries and has to be limited physically. Hurt it in early 20s.

I broke a wing off a lower vertebrae and it only rears it’s head every so often, even into my 40s when I was playing basketball three nights a week and beach football weekly. Hurt it in mid 20s.

pops broke a vertebrae and from what I can tell, other than being in the hospital initially and wearing a brace for a while after, I’ve never seen him have back issues even as he played basketball up until his early 60s. Still no issues in his late 70s. Hurt it in early 30s.

mom has had disc and nerve trouble. Was never really an athlete or worked out. But it was the end of her skiing days. Still has issues. Hurt it in her mid-to-late 30s.

brother-who-shall-not-post is the only escapee from back issues in the family.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Farley is my favorite of the top corners. He makes plays.

See I'm the opposite. I prefer Surtain, Horn and Newsome to Farley.

He's just super, super raw as a cornerback for me. He's all physical talent and very little positional knowledge. Of the top 4 I think he's by far the furthest away from a starting role.

I watch the ND game and this tweet summed it up for me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
See I'm the opposite. I prefer Surtain, Horn and Newsome to Farley.

He's just super, super raw as a cornerback for me. He's all physical talent and very little positional knowledge. Of the top 4 I think he's by far the furthest away from a starting role.

I watch the ND game and this tweet summed it up for me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It's been a while, but wow, we agree on something!

Although I can't clearly make the claim I prefer Newsome to him, I also see challenges with experience and competition there.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If there is any question at all, then why would you take a chance when there are guys on the board you don't question. One's back/spine is a delicate part of your body. Just thinking of all the twisting, contortions, and full speed hits a CB puts himself thru on every play would sure worry me.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Farley but at this point Ill choose Newsome who was graded higher then Farley.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose