Fan Opinion- "How To Stunt OL Growth: The Book"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
It's a good summary of how the line has been managed or mismanaged.

**Note: Keim has drafted good linemen; however, seems to be the coaches that have made decisions that ruined the linemen's chances of being successful.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a good summary of how the line has been managed or mismanaged.

**Note: Keim has drafted good linemen; however, seems to be the coaches that have made decisions that ruined the linemen's chances of being successful.

Just understand that the article is pure opinion from a high school football coach.

OP
OP
M

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
I did not know that.
Are his facts straight regarding what transpired?
I was trying to have some hope that going forward with a good line coach and a good head coach (TBD) the picks could have time to develop. In addition, I thought it was odd to teach the new rookie another position before they were skilled at NFL level for the position they were drafted.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not know that.
Are his facts straight regarding what transpired?
I was trying to have some hope that going forward with a good line coach and a good head coach (TBD) the picks could have time to develop. In addition, I thought it was odd to teach the new rookie another position before they were skilled at NFL level for the position they were drafted.

All the writers on that website are people like you and I. The writer o f this article used to post here a lot. It's all just his opinion. Ultimately, the GMs and coaches that get paid massive salaries to make these decisions should know what they are doing more than we do so I choose to just defer to their judgment. I do not know the cause whether it is bad drafting or bad decisions or what.

Not sure about facts. I don't really bother to read long articles posted by fans. Didnt bother.

It is funny how that site gets treated like a real football site though. It is no more real than what we are doing here.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get drafted by the Arizona Cardinals......

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Meh, i'm pretty sure lack of talent and not mismanagement is why most of the guys mentioned, Toner, Holden, Johnson, have washed out of the league or are fringe practice squad guys. Watford is what he is, a backup. I do agree with moving DJH around probably wasn't the best for him.

I do like this part, how Mitch takes the media to task for saying Cunningham was going to be cut as being a big assumption. Then goes on to make his own big assumptions about how the Patriots were in hot pursuit and there was lots of suitors for him. Then assumes there is a disconnect between KK and Kugler

"First of all—-no one in the media knows who the Cardinals are going to keep or cut this year, especially with a new coaching staff. Secondly—-if Korey Cunningham was going to get cut for sure, the Cardinals wouldn’t have gotten a 6th round pick for him—-at best they would get a 7th—-or even a “conditional” 7th. The fact that the Cardinals received a 6th round pick for Cunningham suggests one of two things: (a) that the Patriots initiated the talks; (b) that there was another team or two that was interested in Cunningham and thus, to acquire him, the Patriots had to up the ante. This just in—-the Patriots are not fools—-they are not going to give away a 6th rounder unless they really like the young player"

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Meh, i'm pretty sure lack of talent and not mismanagement is why most of the guys mentioned, Toner, Holden, Johnson, have washed out of the league or are fringe practice squad guys. Watford is what he is, a backup. I do agree with moving DJH around probably wasn't the best for him.

I do like this part, how Mitch takes the media to task for saying Cunningham was going to be cut as being a big assumption. Then goes on to make his own big assumptions about how the Patriots were in hot pursuit and there was lots of suitors for him. Then assumes there is a disconnect between KK and Kugler

"First of all—-no one in the media knows who the Cardinals are going to keep or cut this year, especially with a new coaching staff. Secondly—-if Korey Cunningham was going to get cut for sure, the Cardinals wouldn’t have gotten a 6th round pick for him—-at best they would get a 7th—-or even a “conditional” 7th. The fact that the Cardinals received a 6th round pick for Cunningham suggests one of two things: (a) that the Patriots initiated the talks; (b) that there was another team or two that was interested in Cunningham and thus, to acquire him, the Patriots had to up the ante. This just in—-the Patriots are not fools—-they are not going to give away a 6th rounder unless they really like the young player"

BS. The Patriots don't know what the Cardinals know. The Cardinals see Cunningham every day. For them to move on means they didn't like what they were seeing.

The Patriots only know Cunningham from predraft and game tape. They don't know his work ethic, how coachable he is, etc.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
While I agree with a lot of the beginning of the article, it's classic Mitch stuff that drove me wild about most of his posts. The conjecture as fact thing is the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose