False starts???

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Know I was watching with a fans perspective, but I thought I saw 2 or 3 false starts by the Seattle LT. He would step back with his left foot and the snap would be just as his foot would plant. Almost like they worked on it to give him a half step head start. Or am I imagining things?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Know I was watching with a fans perspective, but I thought I saw 2 or 3 false starts by the Seattle LT. He would step back with his left foot and the snap would be just as his foot would plant. Almost like they worked on it to give him a half step head start. Or am I imagining things?

I see that constantly in games I watch, both false starts and encroachment that don't get called. I got used to the clock violations after learning the clock they show is not the 100% official clock, but with these you can see the snap and you can see the movement pre snap.

it's amazing they miss those remember the TD play 2 weeks ago where we had 2 false starts on the same play and they missed them both and we scored. Was on one of Drake's TD runs IIRC.

OP
OP
imaCafan

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Was wondering if it was maybe taught. Like a "hut-hut" or something where the LT goes on first "hut" and snap goes on second "hut" so the LT gets a jump start...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see that constantly in games I watch, both false starts and encroachment that don't get called. I got used to the clock violations after learning the clock they show is not the 100% official clock, but with these you can see the snap and you can see the movement pre snap.

it's amazing they miss those remember the TD play 2 weeks ago where we had 2 false starts on the same play and they missed them both and we scored. Was on one of Drake's TD runs IIRC.

I said the exact same thing to Linda when it happened.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I think RW false starts every time he is in shot gun. He step forward and say HUT HUT loud and reaches his arm forward. If that is not simulating the start of the play I don't know what is. They called KM several times for clapping early in the year.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I noticed Sweezy did something with his arm, like tapped Shipley right before the snap every time. I wonder if its similar to the "clapping" where as long as the ball is snapped it makes it ok?

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I noticed Sweezy did something with his arm, like tapped Shipley right before the snap every time. I wonder if its similar to the "clapping" where as long as the ball is snapped it makes it ok?
Every team does it. It’s the silent count from the shotgun when on the road.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're watching MNF the Packers got away with a false start on consecutive plays right before the half. The LT clearly moved a tick early no call complete to the 2 yard line. The guy opposite him was pointing at him instead of rushing. Next play they line up, everyone is set, and then the TE backs up and as 3 guys point at him, the Packers call time out with no false start called. They wound up with a FG but got away with consecutive false starts

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I thought the Cards did it a few times yesterday without being called too. I remember a couple of decent runs where I was thinking "*&#*$ it! It's getting called back for false start" and nothing happened. I was wondering why but figured I better stay quiet since it was in our favor. :)

Maybe it's a sign that we're really in the Matrix and the RT program's timing is slightly off from everything else. :D