Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calendar here:

You must be registered for see images

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah I’m overdue with figuring out which new shows to check out. Hope it’s better than last year...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is just...wow. I usually have at least 8-10 new shows I want to check out. I think there's one this fall: The Rookie, because of the Fillion.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Anybody watching Lodge 49? It looked interesting so I started recording it but haven't watched it yet. The ads describe it as a TV version of something akin to The Big Lebowski.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody watching Lodge 49? It looked interesting so I started recording it but haven't watched it yet. The ads describe it as a TV version of something akin to The Big Lebowski.

tried watching the pilot but got super bored and exited stage left.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score

Watched a couple, and like Cheese, just got bored and stopped. Nothing much to see there.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It was good to see Murphy Brown back on tv.

They revived the secretary gag pretty well. LOL.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I thought it was terrific. But you're right, can they sustain it?

I don't know, I think many people said that about a show about a plane crash on a deserted island...

I loved the first few seasons of Lost. Then they lost me when they started with the going back in time, and the babbling brook, the crystals, yada, yada.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I loved the first few seasons of Lost. Then they lost me when they started with the going back in time, and the babbling brook, the crystals, yada, yada.
That's a normal complaint, but you can't deny that show was incredibly popular and was probably the best show on television for the first 2 years of its existence.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a normal complaint, but you can't deny that show was incredibly popular and was probably the best show on television for the first 2 years of its existence.

I loved all 6 seasons. Will agree that not much on network TV (or off of it) can compare to the first several seasons, but the last three were quality as well, and by themselves well above average.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eldin was one of my favorite TV characters ever, I just can't imagine Murphy Brown without Pastorelli.

Superbone

Reaction score
I ended up sticking with Lodge 49 and ended up really enjoying it. It's a slow burn. Very character driven.

Stout

Reaction score
I ended up sticking with Lodge 49 and ended up really enjoying it. It's a slow burn. Very character driven.

I tried it, but couldn't stick with it. Some neat characters, but it went nowhere. I love me a good slow burn, but the fire actually needs to be lit. If you don't mind doing a spoiler, what got better about it?

Superbone

Reaction score
I tried it, but couldn't stick with it. Some neat characters, but it went nowhere. I love me a good slow burn, but the fire actually needs to be lit. If you don't mind doing a spoiler, what got better about it?
The characters got deeper and deeper (especially the sister) and their relationships and the reasons things are the way they are were explained. Plus, more and more characters were introduced and got intertwined. Always love me some Bruce Campbell. The characters and their relationships is the primary attraction and the mythology about the Lodge is secondary.