Falcon Heavy launch 1130 our time today

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It just so happened that I was in Orlando vacationing with Ms. Dr Jones this week. When the tickets went on sale I was one of the first to buy the most expensive package (Non-Refundable) before I even had a confirmed date. So we took a big gamble that everything would go as planned this week and thankfully, it did.

I have always loved space and being at the launch yesterday was a bucket-list level event. I teared up when it was launching, And went nuts when I saw the two side-boosters coming back down to earth. I could see everything except the last few seconds of the booster landing (it was 6 or 7 miles south).

All in all..... it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I felt like I was 12 again playing with model rockets in the cotton fields of Peoria.

If anyone can make it out for one of these big Kennedy Space Center events, I would highly recommend it. Be prepared for lines..... waiting...... and a long day but damn was it worth it.

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just so happened that I was in Orlando vacationing with Ms. Dr Jones this week. When the tickets went on sale I was one of the first to by the most expensive package (Non-Refundable) before I even had a confirmed date. So we took a big gamble that everything would go as planned this week and thankfully, it did.

I have always loved space and being at the launch yesterday was a bucket-list level event. I teared up when it was launching, And went nuts when I saw the two side-boosters coming back down to earth. I could see everything except the last few seconds of the booster landing (it was 6 or 7 miles south).

All in all..... it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I felt like I was 12 again playing with model rockets in the corn fields of Peoria.

If anyone can make it out for one of these big Kennedy Space Center events, I would highly recommend it. Be prepared for lines..... waiting...... and a long day but damn was it worth it.

That's awesome! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The center core was going faster than expected, so that might be what caused the possible loss of it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here's another one

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah, that second video and the lack of news at all pretty much confirms it didn't make it. Still, I'm sure they learned a lot which was the whole point.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It just so happened that I was in Orlando vacationing with Ms. Dr Jones this week. When the tickets went on sale I was one of the first to by the most expensive package (Non-Refundable) before I even had a confirmed date. So we took a big gamble that everything would go as planned this week and thankfully, it did.

All in all..... it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I felt like I was 12 again playing with model rockets in the corn fields of Peoria.

Oh, man! That’s so awesome.

I got emotional just watching online. I would have freaked out when the boosters came back!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it. I blew a golden opportunity. Mom has a vacant house near there and I could have done a motorcycle ride up. :bang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave