FA PG options

Who should we target this off season via FA/Trade?

• Malcolm Brogdon

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Darren Collison

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Patrick Beverley

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Jeff Teague

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • TJ McConnell

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Terry Rozier

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Goran Dragic

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Derrick Rose

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Brogdon would be my favorite. We might have to front load the contract or work out a sign and trade.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is D'Angelo Russell no longer an option?

Of these, I can most stomach Collison, Brogdon or Teague.

The rest I am not sure are even upgrades over what we have now.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Ok now let's be real we all know everyone on this list is an upgrade over what we have but still alot aren't great options

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Collison is my choice. He is a tough role-player veteran who does everything well enough. I could be persuaded into Rubio, but I think Collison is a little more complete and will be cheaper.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Brogdon would be my favorite. We might have to front load the contract or work out a sign and trade.

I would normally think there's little chance they let him go...but they have so many free agents this offseason:

Brogdon, Bledsoe, Lopez, AND Middleton. That's every starter except Greek Freak...AND they traded for UFA Mirotic as well.

If they even mildly disappoint in the playoffs, it'll be real hard to justify paying everyone.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would normally think there's little chance they let him go...but they have so many free agents this offseason:

Brogdon, Bledsoe, Lopez, AND Middleton. That's every starter except Greek Freak...AND they traded for UFA Mirotic as well.

If they even mildly disappoint in the playoffs, it'll be real hard to justify paying everyone.

I think they let Bledsoe go before Brogdon.

OP
OP
myrondizzo

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He is restricted and Brooklyn has deep pockets and 40 mil on the books next year.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brogdan easily. But I think there is only a 5 percent chance, and that would be a sign and trade.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I dont get how Rubio has votes, he is not the PG we need at all.

He can pass but he doesnt break down a defense, he also is a bad shooter and declining defender.

Stylistically Rose would fit.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't get how 2 of the most obvious options are not on the pole.

Walker is a free agent and Jrue Holiday will almost certainly be available.

If we want to go the route of trading for a backup, Van Fleet only has a year left on his deal and unless Toronto decides to blow it up, they will almost certainly dangle him.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
As it stands we are 5m over the cap and only have the MLE and
BI.

If we rennounce oubre and stretch johnson it would be 27-28

Dont see how we would get Walker

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As it stands we are 5m over the cap and only have the MLE and
BI.

If we rennounce oubre and stretch johnson it would be 27-28

Dont see how we would get Walker

Where are you getting those numbers? Honest question.

From what I can see, even if we got the #1 pick and still held Oubre's rights we'd be like... 7-10 mil under a 109 mil cap. Which obviously isn't enough for Walker but renouncing Oubre and dumping Johnson would do it.

I also think Warren's contract will be easy to move we find a better use for the space, not that we'd get a premium return but we could ship him rather painlessly.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Where are you getting those numbers? Honest question.

From what I can see, even if we got the #1 pick and still held Oubre's rights we'd be like... 7-10 mil under a 109 mil cap. Which obviously isn't enough for Walker but renouncing Oubre and dumping Johnson would do it.

I also think Warren's contract will be easy to move we find a better use for the space, not that we'd get a premium return but we could ship him rather painlessly.

You are forgetting the cap holds for the MLE and BI-Annual exception which is more than 7 mil under the cap. I mean 7M$ under the cap does not really exist, makes not much sense to rennounce the MLE in order to gain less capspace than what the MLE is worth unless you just can't use it and need the capspace to make a trade work.

Also probably forgetting capholds.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=2690992415c63e97030040952683008
for some reason the site is super slow today and doesnot load it right now but you can do it yourself

- waive Reed
- decline Benders option
- rennounce all 2019 free agents except Oubre and Holmes
=
minus 5.9M$ caproom on an estimated 108M$ cap including 2 minimum roster charges cap holds of 900k each

now however if you go on

- stretch Tyler Johnson
- renounce rights to Oubre
- drop from #2 to #5

that would be 30M$ caproom including 4 minimum roster charges of 900k each so effectively you could offer everyone you sign 900k more.

if you take it to the absolute extreme

- Suns trade their draft pick without taking on extra salary
- Suns also renounce Richaun Holmes (adds 700k capspace)

that would be 36M$ caproom including 6 minimum roster charges of 900k each.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are forgetting the cap holds for the MLE and BI-Annual exception which is more than 7 mil under the cap. I mean 7M$ under the cap does not really exist, makes not much sense to rennounce the MLE in order to gain less capspace than what the MLE is worth unless you just can't use it and need the capspace to make a trade work.

Also probably forgetting capholds.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?id=2690992415c63e97030040952683008
for some reason the site is super slow today and doesnot load it right now but you can do it yourself

- waive Reed
- decline Benders option
- rennounce all 2019 free agents except Oubre and Holmes

minus 5.9M$ caproom on an estimated 108M$ cap

Okay, so, I think we're both right, because the stuff I was not factoring are things the Suns would obviously renounce for the opportunity to sign a star player. IMO, the only cap hold that is on that list that the Suns would hesitate on is Oubre and the Suns could likely wait on waiving his rights (and even trading Warren if need be) until after they know a player like Walker would sign an offer sheet.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
well the max starting salary for Kemba is $ 32,400,000 according shamsports.

we don't even get there unless we get rid off our top pick

Maybe there is a way to get D'Angelo Russell for 25M$ starting in a sign and trade where Russell pushes for it and Brooklyn agrees to take some compensation or prefer their capspace if they can get other players since they have Dinwiddie.

But Kemba seems unrealistic. From all I read he is committed to staying in Charlotte with a small chance of signing with his hometown Knicks or Nets.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Emmanual Mudiay is a guy flying under thge radar. I know he's restricted, but NY is probably going to clean house.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Derrick Rose or Brogdon and 1 out of Beverley, McConnel, Lin , Collison OR Ja Morant as backup

At PF Mirotic, Randle, Young or Aminu and Gibson as backup

Last edited:

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Walker if its even remotely possible. I voted for Rose though. He is a perfect fit and he has been ballin this year. I think he finally got his legs back under him again

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some team will give Derrick Rose a big contract. Some team will probably regret it for most of the life of that contract. The Rose we see today is not likely to be the Rose we'll all see the first time he gets injured again. And history suggests that will happen soon.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Some team will give Derrick Rose a big contract. Some team will probably regret it for most of the life of that contract. The Rose we see today is not likely to be the Rose we'll all see the first time he gets injured again. And history suggests that will happen soon.

2yrs/25M

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave