Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga

Release Date: June 26, 2020
Studio: Netflix
Director: David Dobkin
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for crude sexual material including full nude sculptures, some comic violent images, and language
Screenwriters: Will Ferrell, Andrew Steele
Genre: Comedy

Starring: Will Ferrell, Pierce Brosnan, Rachel McAdams, Dan Stevens, Demi Lovato

Plot Summary: When aspiring musicians Lars and Sigrit are given the opportunity to represent their country at the world's biggest song competition, they finally have a chance to prove that any dream worth having is a dream worth fighting for.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, I don't know if it was the pot or that I desperately needed something really stupid to watch, but I dug the hell out of this. It is REALLY stupid and it took about twenty minutes for me to get over the purposefully atrocious accents, but it's got some inspired moments of comedy and more than anything, an oddly go-for-broke performance by Rachel McAdams who's just flat out great in the movie.

but be warned... it is REALLY stupid and probably 15-20 minutes too long, repeating the same 2nd act climax beat a couple times.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
so, I don't know if it was the pot or that I desperately needed something really stupid to watch, but I dug the hell out of this. It is REALLY stupid and it took about twenty minutes for me to get over the purposefully atrocious accents, but it's got some inspired moments of comedy and more than anything, an oddly go-for-broke performance by Rachel McAdams who's just flat out great in the movie.

but be warned... it is REALLY stupid and probably 15-20 minutes too long, repeating the same 2nd act climax beat a couple times.
So pretty much like every other Will Ferrell-led comedy. :)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tried watching. Too stupid for me.

Then again, I don't find Will Farrell funny in the slightest. As an Actor, ranks right up there with Nicholas Cage as a must-turn-off

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this with the extended family over the holidays. Fun show. Rachel McAdams really did do a great job. We all laughed a lot.

"The elves went too far."

So funny.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson