EuroLeague Basketball

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the war in Ukraine will limit American and some European men players playing in Russian leagues.

I haven't heard much about it except as how it pertains to the WNBA.

Anyone know anything about it?

This is not meant to be a political discussion.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the war in Ukraine will limit American and some European men players playing in Russian leagues.

I haven't heard much about it except as how it pertains to the WNBA.

Anyone know anything about it?

This is not meant to be a political discussion.
I think the whole B. Griner thing might put a damper on that. Lundberg left too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think lot of European and American men and women professional basketball players will choose to play elsewhere other than Russia.

It's just I hadn't heard much about it concerning the men's leagues.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Thinking about trying to hit up a Bundesliga game next week when I’m in Frankfurt. Apparently their home team is the Fraport Skyliners. I was looking for American players in the league and apparently Parker Jackson-Cartwright is the 2nd leading scorer which tells you all you need to know.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about trying to hit up a Bundesliga game next week when I’m in Frankfurt. Apparently their home team is the Fraport Skyliners. I was looking for American players in the league and apparently Parker Jackson-Cartwright is the 2nd leading scorer which tells you all you need to know.

I understand everyone knows these players when they walk down the street overseas and for fans, they represent the NBA.

Certainly not a bad option if a player can't play in the NBA.