Euro 2016

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've seen us play worse, but not by much.

No desire and just same turgid 30 yard ball over the top and not a single play took his man on until Rashford came on with 3 minutes to go. Loads of possession....yeah great!! Ram it up your arse England!!!!!
I'm not sure why anyone was expecting anything more than a pathetic failure. Again. Rooney has been gifted a living and must have some sort of dirt on the heads in the FA to keep getting away with the crap he pulls.

People were getting all excited after his performance against Russia. Completely ignoring the fact that he had nothing to actually do all game and was under no pressure for 90 minutes. The second he actually had to work a little, he was terrible. The final group game and the Iceland game were a disgrace by him. Every time he touches the ball he slows play down.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Renato Sanchez is a great young player, but the rest of the Portugal team seems fairly unlikable.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge handball call by the ref.
France with the 1-0 lead at the half.

It was the correct call, same as Boateng last game. Germany has been so dominant in both games and they do this twice now.

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was the correct call, same as Boateng last game. Germany has been so dominant in both games and they do this twice now.
I agree. The first half was pretty boring considering that Germany dominating it, before the handball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
That ref was awful.

I can live with the penality after a few slow-motions although that call was still harsh especially considering he didn't give Germany a penality when Pogba or someone fouled Kroos on his shot attempt in the box which was much clearer or when Pogba fell backwards into Schweinsteiger which prevented Schweinsteiger from getting a header in.

Then for the first 6 fouls 4 yellow cards for Germany. The foul from Can was not even a foul.

Well the better team does not always win and I think we were way better than France. But in the end we also were without Boateng, Hummels, Gündogan, Reus, Khedira, Lahm and Gomez.

That ridiculous yellow card rule really hurt us. Especially because of the 2 yellow cards for Hummels, one was a clean tackle and the other was never yellow card worthy.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
I see Clatters is refereeing the final!!

Couldn't dislike a bloke much more to be fair. I played football with him as a youngster and whilst being a big mouth gobsh*te he still manged to get a game at left back...who'd of thought his dad was the manager!

My favourite most recent memory of him was the opening of a new set of changing rooms (club house?) on the pitches he/we used to play as kids. Not like he is a celebrity or anything but he's a name most football fans know in England so was asked, as he used to drink in the pub opposite, to use turn up and 'open' the thing. His reply 'why would I want to do that'! What a bell end.

Sorry, rant over. Bott iffI can't moan about England ,I had to find something! Grrrrrrrr

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ugh, who to root for here? Ronaldo's a biotch as a person, and I can't stand him, but I don't want to root for France either. The only team I could really root for in the semis--Wales--is gone. I suppose I'll pull for France and hope that Sissoko (sp?) starts and stars, so Newcastle can sell him for a bundle :)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My guess is that Portugal wins this game, 2-1,with Nani being the hero of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk