ESPN Louis Reddick is huge fan of Caleb Farley

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree, the back is fickle and personally if drafting I would rather wish the guy was recovering from a freaking ACL than back problems at such a early age... he has not played the position long and has injury potential which you really cannot fix putting more red flags on him for me than a Chinese military parade lol
I worry about farley’s back and yet he remains the most tantalizing prospect for me . . .

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
You’re not the first person to say his tackle averse, which makes me question Richard Sherman comparisons people have been making here. Thoughts on that comp?

Not big on comps, too many factors. I’m not saying Farley is DRC, but run support is not his preferred defense. He will hit, but do so cautiously. Not a bad trait considering the back issue. I would say he’s actually a little more agile than Sherman. If he stays healthy he could equal or even exceed Sherman’s isolated coverage skills. However, it takes time to learn that craft at the NFL level. He won’t be as aggressive in run support.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO, the Draft (1st round) from Arizona's perspective comes down to this:
1. They want a CB, and hope that Surtain or Horn are available. Most mocks that I've read say that they won't be. And it comes down to Farley, who, if he didn't have an injury question, would be an easy choice. So they will:
1. Trade back and pick a Tier 2 CB.
2. Select another position.
3. Cross their fingers, and hold their breath and select Farley.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If they select Farley, the back issue will have to be the coin flip. If you get Farley and he's a star, but only for six to seven years and then has to bow out for example, would that be worth it?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm now seeing a lot of mock drafts showing Farley dropping to the mid 20's of the first round and the Cards picking OG Alijah Vera-Tucker. Most show that Horn and Surtain are gone before Cards pick. Going to be a really interesting draft.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm now seeing a lot of mock drafts showing Farley dropping to the mid 20's of the first round and the Cards picking OG Alijah Vera-Tucker. Most show that Horn and Surtain are gone before Cards pick. Going to a really interesting draft.
Would remind me of when the Cardinals drafted Humphries. Who we really wanted was gone, so we settled. Doesn’t fit the mold of a team that wants to win NOW. Depending on who’s there, I could see us going WR at 16 or trading down into the 20’s & picking a RB.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't see it with Farley. He has some nice highlight tape, but his one year as starter was against teams like Furman, Rhode Island, Old Dominion etc

The only players of any NFL value (or potentially so) he faced as a starter are Chase Claypool who put up 120 yards and Dyami Brown (potential 2nd round pick) who had 60.

Aside from his only one year as a starter and his concerning injury history his record is no where near that of Surtain or Horn who went up against much better players.

When you see guys like Grant Delpit slipped to #44 and Greedy Williams to #46 I can't see why Farley wouldn't slip somewhere similar.

Seem's pure projection to me.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just don't see it with Farley. He has some nice highlight tape, but his one year as starter was against teams like Furman, Rhode Island, Old Dominion etc

The only players of any NFL value (or potentially so) he faced as a starter are Chase Claypool who put up 120 yards and Dyami Brown (potential 2nd round pick) who had 60.

Aside from his only one year as a starter and his concerning injury history his record is no where near that of Surtain or Horn who went up against much better players.

When you see guys like Grant Delpit slipped to #44 and Greedy Williams to #46 I can't see why Farley wouldn't slip somewhere similar.

Seem's pure projection to me.

Who did DRC (with one functioning kidney), selected at #16 face at Tennesee State?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Rodgers-Cromartie

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who did DRC (with one functioning kidney), selected at #16 face at Tennesee State?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominique_Rodgers-Cromartie

Outliers are not rules. He also didn't have the same history as Farley.

You take his lack of starting experience, lack of time at CB, his injury history and his lack of quality opponents and I just don't see the appeal. He's surely a physical specimen but if you watch the ND tape, which is the best team he played, it wasn't impressive vs Claypool to the point that Farley was sitting off him by about 13 yards in the end.

His back injury alone, that he has had for 2 years despite sitting out a year, if enough concern on it's own to stop him going as high as 16. You add in the rest and I just don't see it.

That's not to say he won't be a great NFL CB, but you have to weight all these factors into high likely that will be and #16 seems way high for that risk level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave