Elvis

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve never been in a theatre where people applauded when it was over. I can’t say enough good things about it

This was a hell of a movie. It’s getting a 94% on RT from the audience.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Every review I’ve seen so far is that’s it’s a mediocre effort that hides the fact that Austin Butler hits it out of the park and Tom Hanks is underused.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every review I’ve seen so far is that’s it’s a mediocre effort that hides the fact that Austin Butler hits it out of the park and Tom Hanks is underused.

Every review? Huh

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read a couple reviews that said Tom Hanks is used too much and it overshadows Austin Butler. I plan on seeing this with the wife so I don't know what is accurate.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I told my family that the style reminded me of The Great Gatsby. Then while researching the film I saw it was the same director!

Fantastic film.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very good film. Hanks, as always, was awesome. Music awesome. Recreating the feel of the various time periods was awesome.

Three minor issues for me. Butler absolutely nailed the movements of Elvis, but he just doesn't look enough like him to "convince me" and bring me into the movie. It seemed just a tad long, as I was ready for it to be over when it finally was. And finally, the drug usage was way underplayed.

Nonetheless, an easy 4.8 out of 5 stars for me and the bride.